Dancing - Harmony

janazaz

I am curious about those who have been on the Harmony relating to dancing venues. We were on the Symphony in April and there were maybe only 4-5 couples on the dance floor each night. Could it be the age of the cruisers on Crystal? We're going on the Harmony in October and hoping the dance clubs might be a little more lively than the Symphony. On Royal Caribbean and Norwegian ships the dance floors are usually so crowded it's uncomfortable to dance.

I know they switch bands quite a bit, so I'm hoping we'll have better luck on the October cruise. What have been your experiences?

One thing to remember, on the RCCI and NCL ships, you are sailing with 2500+ other passengers while on the Harmony there are only 940. A lot will depend on how active the passengers are during the day---if it's a busy day, most will have a nice dinner and retire to their cabins. But for the most part, I've really not noticed many dancers on any of my Crystal cruises, with the exception of the Big Band cruises.

Darcie, thanks for the reply. Still, with 940 at capacity guests you'd think more than 8-10 people would take advantange of the evening dancing.??? Maybe"Dancing With the Stars" will spur some on. At least I won't be stepping on someone's toes with the lack of interest I've seen on these ships.. :)

The Harmony will be close to full for the Mexican Riv cruises this fall. This may make for more dancers or maybe not. Check with the Hosts as they work all the dancing on the ship and can help you with the best times to dance:) Ernie

Archived