Freedom 9-22 found jewelry

Di22

We found a piece of jewelry in our safe on the 9-22 sailing....it was under the lip of the safe...we didn't even find it til mid week. We were mid ship on deck 7....we took it to customer service desk and they said they would be sending it to Miami on Monday after our sailing. They indicated they would contact the person in the cabin the week prior, but you never know....so if you think you lost something on the Freedom, please check with rccl. I did write down what was on the piece and kept that and the name of the person we turned it in to...it was something nice so I am sure that person did miss it when that got home. Hope it gets returned to the proper person.

Di

My sister forgot to pack her jewelry when we were leaving Navigator last December. She contacted Royal and was told that anything found would be sent to Miami when the next cruise returned to New Orleans. It would then be inventoried. Someone called her and told her jewelry had been turned in (by our cabin steward, we assumed). They needed a credit card number to ship it back to her. She was impressed by the service she received from Royal. I'm thinking those heirloom diamond earrings won't be on our FOS cruise in December.

How would you know that it is just the previous passenger who has left the items in the cabin safe?

We found somebody's travel wallet with travel details (printout from their schedule) behind the cabin drawers. The itinerary was like three months old, about.

I found it only because I had put too much stuff in one drawer and the drawer got stuck. I had to reach far back to pull out the thingie that got stuck and at the same time found that there seemed to be somehting else as well - behind the drawer, inside the vanity desk. So I removed the whole drawer to get the stuff out, and found a "travel pack" with lots of information & travel itinerary. In addition, there was a bra and a children's playset. Children's palyset had a luggage tack sticked onto it and it was not the same journey as the travel wallet.

So if something is just under the lid in the safe, it may have been there since ages. As under the lid may be something people don't realize to check.

I am notorius in rechecking hotel rooms when exiting. I am always afraid that something may be left behind. It is so easy to forget things by accident - so I check and recheck all drawers and under the bed and behind the TV set etc. It's my OCD ;)

My sister forgot to pack her jewelry when we were leaving Navigator last December. She contacted Royal and was told that anything found would be sent to Miami when the next cruise returned to New Orleans. It would then be inventoried. Someone called her and told her jewelry had been turned in (by our cabin steward, we assumed). They needed a credit card number to ship it back to her. She was impressed by the service she received from Royal. I'm thinking those heirloom diamond earrings won't be on our FOS cruise in December.

My drivers licence fell out of the pocket in my bag going through the X-Ray machine. Grandma had a bottle opener in her bag which created a back & forth movement on the belt, thanks MOM! I didn't realize it right away but once I did I went to the desk daily for the rest of the cruise, nothing. :( A month later I got an envelope from Royal with my drivers license in it. :D Now I have two, both with the same number but different expiration date.

We also found a set of keys to a mercedes in the safe upon entry to our cabin. I went to the customer service desk and a guy asked what I needed while in line. I gave him the keys and he went running, I am assuming to get them onshore before the ship left.

Last story, upon leaving the xray area in Falmouth I grabbed the wrong Margaritaville bag that came through. :o Once we got to the cabin I realized I had someone else's stuff. We went back to the xray line in Falmouth and there was a desk with SEVERAL bags and a log book of what was in each bag. I turned the one I thought was mine in and signed for my actual bag.

I believe in the system but there are dishonest & honest people everywhere.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Archived