How Did You Choose Your User Name?

Swells1

My name is because I'm a big fan of the #3 car in NASCAR - the late Dale Earnhardt Sr. I had the license plate BIG3FAN for years until the Miami Heat basketball guys ruined that for me. :mad:

There are some very imaginative names here. Good to see this old thread revived.

Happy cruising!

Julie

A friend of mine tried to say my name backwards in high school. We still have no idea how it turned out to be Yillup, but it did. When I started on the internet (which was virtually as the internet started!), Yillup was a name that no one at all had. I didn't have to call myself Kylie239853 or something equally annoying. I'm the only Yillup out there that I know of. If you google Yillup, you only get my stuff... :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I'm a huge Pirates of the Caribbean fan. I even have the Jack Sparrow tattoo on my forearm. My SN refers to in part 3 when Jack is talking to his multiple selves. One asks "What about port?" And the other replies "I prefer rum". I really do prefer rum. But I thought whataboutport sounded better than ipreferrum. Now I"m not so sure.

I too prefer rum!

I'm of very creative when it comes to screen names. Usually I use some variation of my name and/or initials, but I didn't want to do that on a message board. So I did something similar.

I'm married, my last name begins with D, and our anniversary is September 12th. :D

From Terry Pratchett's Discworld series:

The Ambiguous Puzuma is the fastest animal on the Disc. Due to the shockingly low speed of light on the Disc (caused by the heavy magical field), the Ambiguous Puzuma is capable of achieving near-light speed. The upshot of this is that it cannot be demonstrated to exist at any given point in space. This causes severe quantum anxiety, which is a leading cause of mortality among Ambiguous Puzumas. That, and chronic ankle failure, brought about by chasing females which aren't there.

While it can never be seen, due to its extreme velocity, remains are found, occasionally, on the sides of cliffs and large rocks. These show a black-and-white checked coat and a thin, flat shape.

:cool:

From Terry Pratchett's Discworld series:

The Ambiguous Puzuma is the fastest animal on the Disc. Due to the shockingly low speed of light on the Disc (caused by the heavy magical field), the Ambiguous Puzuma is capable of achieving near-light speed. The upshot of this is that it cannot be demonstrated to exist at any given point in space. This causes severe quantum anxiety, which is a leading cause of mortality among Ambiguous Puzumas. That, and chronic ankle failure, brought about by chasing females which aren't there.

While it can never be seen, due to its extreme velocity, remains are found, occasionally, on the sides of cliffs and large rocks. These show a black-and-white checked coat and a thin, flat shape.

:cool:

I love the Discworld series! Wouldn't you love to have cruise luggage made from Sapient Pearwood!

My name refers to my sewing hobby. Sometimes I also use SewFunny or SewWhat. I sew a lot of medieval garb for my daughter and her family. They are SCA (Society for Creative Anachronism) members.

I used the initials of my high school in Queens NY- The Mary Louis Academy + alum. There are a few other alumnae who are Cruise Critic members who have recognized the TMLA!

When DH had some questions he wanted me to post, I suggested he join as USMMAalum (United States Merchant Marine Academy)

When I first joined Cruise Critic, I wanted a name that reflected my favorite pastime for being by the ocean on a beach. However, there were already some other "beach bums" in one variation or another on here. So, I added the year of my birth. Hence my sceen name. It took me a while to come up with an avatar that I really liked. Although I bear no resemblance to Sylvester the cat, the Sylvester & Tweety cartoons are some of my favorites, and I do love cats (we have three). :cool: