More to Come - Deck 3 & 4

BrianAlt

Since we were speculating on what will be coming to the yet to be announced spaces on the Quantum, I started checking out the deck plans. As we all know, there are very specific areas marked MORE TO COME. Most of these are on Decks 4 and 5. I figured we could discuss what we think those areas will actually contain. I believe there are some clues based on the features that are shown on the deck plans.

Here is the deck plan for Decks 3 and 4:

Link to Deck 4 deck plan

Link to Deck 3 deck plan

There's only one space marked MORE TO COME on Deck 3. They might be linked, so I figured we could discuss those together.

So what will be in all of those empty spaces? Let's get the speculation going! :D

Deck 3 has one space marked MORE TO COME. It's directly behind stairs. Deck 2 is the medical facility, crew quarters and I'm guessing debarkation for ports. So the stairs probably do not go down. These stairs likely go UP to deck 4.

On Deck 4, directly above the space MORE TO COME from Deck 3, is their own MORE TO COME. Deck 4 doesn't show the entrance from the stairs from Deck 3, which I find odd, but perhaps the stairs are only shown on the originating deck. So I have to speculate that this is a two level space. What will this be?

In the central area of the deck, there are four MORE TO COME spaces. I'm thinking that's where we'll have the specialty restaurants. At least some of them.

Thoughts?

A couple weeks ago I was sent a survey about different concepts in dining. It listed several different ideas and whether it was good or something I would like. They talked about having serveral different complimentary dining areas. Would I like the option to choose? Would I like one that was formal on all nights? I got the impression that there might not be the MDR that we have been used to in the past. I've not been on Disney, but I understand that Disney has several different dining rooms and concepts that you rotate to,. It didn't sound like this concept but looking to do something different.

Maybe it isn't going to be a traditional dining room as we are used to...maybe it's going to be a dining complex with the specialty venues and the normal dining sharing the area - would make sense from a kitchen standpoint (one large area to service all the venues). Maybe enter through the MDR area with the Specialty venues to the back with a spectacular aft view? Ooooohhh maybe even open deck dining (I would so love that:D).

Hey you did say to let the speculation roll.....

Deck 3 has one space marked MORE TO COME. It's directly behind stairs. Deck 2 is the medical facility, crew quarters and I'm guessing debarkation for ports. So the stairs probably do not go down. These stairs likely go UP to deck 4.

On Deck 4, directly above the space MORE TO COME from Deck 3, is their own MORE TO COME. Deck 4 doesn't show the entrance from the stairs from Deck 3, which I find odd, but perhaps the stairs are only shown on the originating deck. So I have to speculate that this is a two level space. What will this be?

In the central area of the deck, there are four MORE TO COME spaces. I'm thinking that's where we'll have the specialty restaurants. At least some of them.

Thoughts?

It looks like the More to Come on Deck 3 lines up with the More to come on deck 4 AND deck 5.

It looks like the More to Come on Deck 3 lines up with the More to come on deck 4 AND deck 5.

That's true, but the Deck 5 ones have walls around them. So those look like small venues. Although those could be specialty restaurants.

A couple weeks ago I was sent a survey about different concepts in dining. It listed several different ideas and whether it was good or something I would like. They talked about having serveral different complimentary dining areas. Would I like the option to choose? Would I like one that was formal on all nights? I got the impression that there might not be the MDR that we have been used to in the past. I've not been on Disney, but I understand that Disney has several different dining rooms and concepts that you rotate to,. It didn't sound like this concept but looking to do something different.

that survey sounds interesting!

the way disney works, you rotate dining rooms, but keep your server and tablemates. if RCCL tried something like that, i'd be thrilled. but if they did away with the main dining room and only had smaller venues where you may not have tablemates, or might have different tablemates, and different waiters every night, i'd be kind of bummed. i love getting to know our waiters and tablemates, and i'd miss that if it was gone. it's one of the many reasons i didn't like my NCL cruise - freestyle dining is just not my thing.

i'm horrible at reading deck plans/blueprints etc, so i'm impressed you guys are getting any info at all (even speculative) about what's been released. :D

They probably haven't listed the large area in the back of the ship as the MDR cause they probably still working on the name for it.

I'm hoping one level's the Nikola Tesla dining room and the others the Kepler, Hawking dining room. :D

With a science theme?

Yeah, you know, Quantum physics, quantum mechanics, quantum torpedoes. :D

With that last one if RCI gets the rites to do so, calling them the Kirk and Picard dining rooms would be funny too.

Deck 14 and 15 seem to be the activity/sports decks.

I'm trying to see where these 'more to come' spaces might be, by comparing the CGI of the ship seen here http://www.royalcaribbean.com/quantumoftheseas/meet-the-ship/on-board-experiences/

to the deck plan for deck 14.

For example, I don't see anything carved out to the side of the H2O zone in the CGI.

It's been removed from their rendering or blurred out (or maybe I'm just not seeing it or am not reading the deck plans properly).

I didn't get this email, but I was wondering the same thing about changing up dining. Why keep the dining room secret, unless something is going to be very different about it. It is not as if the deck plans for other ships show exciting things about the dining rooms.

Maybe it will be broken up by cuisine

I'd much rather see a Disney-like rotation than an NCL-like freestyle dining. If I wanted that I would just sail on NCL and take advantage of the better pricing and itineraries.

but much crappier food and service, if our two sailings with them count for anything.

They already do a sort of freestlye with the Mytime dining and Io can ssure you it is better than the cafeteria food we ate on NCL. now, the specialty food was fine but the MDR food was, at times, awful. RCL's worst sin is occasional mediocrity in the MDR, in my opinion.

Archived