reserving show times

mrpayroll

We cruise on the Allure January 26th. When can we expect the reservations to open up for the shows. We already have picked our times for MTD but the shows are not available...Thanks in Advance....

There is no set time that show reservations open. I'd be checking the wwbsite on a daily basis.

You're waaaay to far out....start checking in Nov.....

In reality, they have space available once onboard....folks book stuff, and forget, or their plans change....you can almost always see whatever you want without all the pre-planning.

We cruise on the Allure January 26th. When can we expect the reservations to open up for the shows. We already have picked our times for MTD but the shows are not available...Thanks in Advance....

Ours opened up 90 days out. Keep watching. Someone on your roll call will give a heads up also. :)

You're waaaay to far out....start checking in Nov.....

In reality, they have space available once onboard....folks book stuff, and forget, or their plans change....you can almost always see whatever you want without all the pre-planning.

Bookings can open up anytime but generally between 90 and 120 days out so as Bob suggested I'd be checking on a daily basis. Best to get the times you want reserved instead of taking a chance on board.

Huh, show reservations? Is this specific to certain RC ships? What exactly does a reservation do for you?

We use RC fairly regularly. Don't recall any issue. If this option existed we probably blew right by it.

Huh, show reservations? Is this specific to certain RC ships? What exactly does a reservation do for you?

We use RC fairly regularly. Don't recall any issue. If this option existed we probably blew right by it.

Only applies to shows on Oasis and Allure and the Ice show ob Liberty. Not sure about he Freedom.

I know someone from the Oasis going on a February cruise said their entertainment reservations were already open. However, we sail on the Allure in December and we're STILL WAITING!! Everyone from our roll call checks everyday but now we are hoping the magic day will be 60.....just a few more days, hopefully.

I would say the Allure is way behind Oasis and bookings open up much later!

So, if I'm cruising on the Navigator in December, do I need to make show reservation? Where would I do this at?

The ice show might need reservations. I don't know for sure because some ships have gone to first come, first served for the ice show, and other ships still distribute tickets.

If you need ice show reservations, it will be announced by the cruise director several times, and it will also be listed in the Cruise Compass (daily schedule). Those sources will tell you where and when tickets will be distributed.

The ice show might need reservations. I don't know for sure because some ships have gone to first come, first served for the ice show, and other ships still distribute tickets.

If you need ice show reservations, it will be announced by the cruise director several times, and it will also be listed in the Cruise Compass (daily schedule). Those sources will tell you where and when tickets will be distributed.

We made them for the ice show on Navigator, when the doors opened, everyone piled in. No one checked to see if you had reservations.

We are booked on our 1st RCI cruise next month. Always cruised on Carnival in the past. Can someone explain the need to reserve for the shows? We never did that on Carnival. We are on the Explorer of the Seas. Thank you.

Explorer has no show reservations. The ice show has 4 performances of the same show, and is assigned by your muster station.

The super large ships Oasis and Allure started off the advance show reservations because they have so many passengers that the traditional 2 performances per show were not sufficient. These ships have about 6000 passengers, with a theater capacity of around 1800, so there are usually 3 theater performances for each show. The comedy show is in a very small venue, and therefore has around 16 performances of the same show.

I've been checking every day to try to catch when the entertainment reservations were open, and today is the day. Is is possible that all OceanAria and comedy shows are already full? Because they are not showing up as available...

Explorer has no show reservations. The ice show has 4 performances of the same show, and is assigned by your muster station.

The super large ships Oasis and Allure started off the advance show reservations because they have so many passengers that the traditional 2 performances per show were not sufficient. These ships have about 6000 passengers, with a theater capacity of around 1800, so there are usually 3 theater performances for each show. The comedy show is in a very small venue, and therefore has around 16 performances of the same show.

THANK YOU....I'm sure after this 1st cruise, I will be less confused. So excited!

Only applies to shows on Oasis and Allure and the Ice show ob Liberty. Not sure about he Freedom.

Thanks. Learn something new every day. Because we don't plan our days out with that kind of detail, we are not likely to use this feature. Still good to know it is there.

I do recall needing tickets for an ice show but those were made available on the ship.

Just FYI, the reservations only get you in the door, not a specific seat. If you want a good seat you still need to show up early. Also, when it gets close to showtime they let anyone in to take any unfilled seats. I'm not sure what happens if you have a reservation and show up after that. What is sure, is that without a reservation you are likely to get a lousy seat, and possibly not be able to sit together.

Archived