I have a problem.....

im4clowns

Ok..I am a procrastinator when it comes to packing...."mommy" says my 4 year old DD"I thought we were going to pack tonight". tomorrow, baby I said,

We leave on Saturday on the Dream. Good thing we are only about 45 minutes from the port cause I might be finishing packing come Saturday morning!

Who else is like this?

I'm definitely your opposite. I start packing way too early. I'm too much if an organizing freak and I don't like rushing as I'm afraid I'll forget something. But, hey, if it works for you then it's all good. Enjoy your cruise!

Ok..I am a procrastinator when it comes to packing...."mommy" says my 4 year old DD"I thought we were going to pack tonight". tomorrow, baby I said,

We leave on Saturday on the Dream. Good thing we are only about 45 minutes from the port cause I might be finishing packing come Saturday morning!

Who else is like this?

In my experience, if I pack early enough, I can get in multiple rounds. I enjoy it so I'm okay with that!

I hate packing, but I always start early, I'm cruising in 4 weeks and I got my suitcase and carry on out today and tomorrow I will get out the things I want to bring, I don't like waiting until the last minute because I don't want to forget anything, my last cruise was a b2b and was the first time that I had to pack for 2 weeks, I'd go into my suitcase and take things out then put stuff bank, because I tend to overpack, my plan was to bring enough so I didn't have to do laundry while on the cruise.

Well I did end up doing laundry, I could have left some things home because I didn't wear everything I brought with me.

I am the complete opposite as well. I love to pack. We cruise in 52 days and I've been wanting to bring the suitcases up from the basement for 2 weeks now....I'll come pack for ya :-)

Please do! Would love someone to pack for me. Lol

I start making my packing list, and shopping lists asap. But, I put off the physical packing until the last minute. I just hate it. But I do enjoy making the lists and checking them off =) Would be totally awesome if I could make the lists, lay everything out and have my husband pack it! But alas, he says he pays for the trip so I get to do the packing.

Used to pack a week or more out. I found I forgot what I'd packed and have to basically start over. Now, I've got it down pat. I pack the night before and day of. Don't forget stuff anymore!

Last glitch was a PIA. I bought a new suitcase and for some reason, the day before the cruise, I decided to put the locks on the zippers in preparation. The stupid zipper has an odd, oblong sort of hole instead of a larger hole to put a lock in place. :confused: Had to rush out to buy locks that would fit! Sure didn't think to check that out when I was buying it!

I try so hard to be better but I always find myself doing laundry the night before and still packing the morning of. Last cruise, our goal was to leave for the port at 9:45am (I believe) but due to unexpected company in the morning I was still packing at 9:30am. Of course I still over packed.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forums mobile app

I pack the day before. All of our toiletries and misc. stuff stay in a travel bin, my packing cubes, laundry bag and DH backpack stay in the suit case. I have a good idea of the clothes we are taking so it really does not take long to pull it all together. I do make sure and have the laundry done the day before I pack.

DW is our packer. She can pack ten pounds of you know what in a five pound bag and still have room for more.

We have a spare bedroom so we start laying out the clothes we want to take a week or two before the cruise. Then a couple of days before the cruise, she packs it in and we're set to go. She puts some of hers in mine and some of mine in hers just in case one gets lost. Then there's the garment bag that has our dress clothes in it.

Who else is like this?

yup. pack the night before we leave. anything else is too early. but I think it gets easier the more you cruise and pack :)

Archived