Door Decoration question

MikeNKim

It has been quite some time since we decorated our cabin door but since we are cruising over Hallowween we thought it would be fun.

Last time I decorated the door magnets where ok. Has there been any changes in what we are allowed or not allowed to use on the door?

TIA

Kim

As far as I know, door magnets are still allowed. We used to decorate our doors with magnets, as well...then they started being stolen, so we stopped. Just wondering, if you decorate your door for Halloween, do kids come knocking for Trick or Treat? :D

I did our door with those jelly clings in a summer theme and they were perfect. Our next cruise I did the same thing and I heard kids in the hall and then most of them were gone. It was no big deal cause I only paid a dollar for the pack but if they were more expensive magnets I would not be too happy. I will bring more jelly clings and see how it goes this time.:)

We put our name on all of our magnets. So far nobody has stolen any. Our last cruise, a couple of teenagers thought it was funny to rearrange a couple of our magnets every day.. and me being OCD had to rearrange them back.. but it was in a humorous way, so we thought it was funny. I love decorating the door, it makes it special, fun and personalized! :D

I don't feel like decorating your door for Halloween would be appropriate. Some people of certain religious beliefs may take offense to that. I know i would be upset if I was walking down the hall with my son and he was exposed to halloween decor I would be seriously upset and would surely file a complaint :cool:

I don't feel like decorating your door for Halloween would be appropriate. Some people of certain religious beliefs may take offense to that. I know i would be upset if I was walking down the hall with my son and he was exposed to halloween decor I would be seriously upset and would surely file a complaint :cool:

Then you do not want to be on a cruise on Halloween. Not only do I see more door decorations than average, but they decorate the ship too and have parties and special drinks & desserts and Halloween backdrops for photos. You'd have to stay in your cabin the entire day to avoid it.

So I really hope you were just trying to be funny. It's so hard to tell sarcasm via text sometimes.

That is the most absurd thing I have ever heard and surely hope you are joking, lol. If someone was that offended by Halloween I highly doubt they would go on a Halloween cruise. And even if they were offended, too bad! I normally don't say much on these topics but the whole being "politically correct" and trying not to offend others is getting out of hand in our country. I mean where does it end? Ridiculous.:mad:

To the OP, yes magnets still work. We also use the cheap rubber clings and that 3M sticky putty stuff.

We use tape and have never had a problem. I take them off the morning we leave, and keep them-maybe they will be appropriate for another cruise.

Complain about Halloween decorations? Really? Do you spend the month of October on land in a clam shell? Halloween is another one of those cross over Holidays, when the Church combined All Saints Day with the Druids/Pagans fall celebration of the day of the dead. Now it's more major than thanksgiving. Which in a way is sad....but then again...it's party time!:Dwithout in laws!

Thank you all for the info.

Are you serious......if you don't like them or are offended by them don't look. People are too easily offended in the days of political correctness. Instead of sheltering your son from things that happen in the outside world why not use it as a teaching aid to inform your son of your beliefs but DO NOT take away what I enjoy and celebrate. You don't have that right.

Seriously Upset? Are you the Political Correctness Police? YOU are a HUGE part of what's wrong with our country today!! File a complaint? How shallow are you? This is AMERICA - Freedom of Speech is a RIGHT, not a privilege, and if you don't like something you just walk on by or ignore it - that's your right too!

I guess you're one of those who say "Season's Greetings" instead of Merry Christmas too....

Well HAPPY HALLOWEEN and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

I think I'll decorate my door with ALL those things every time I cruise, hoping to irritate you and all your politically correct friends....

So I'm guessing you do not shop anywhere or watch TV?

Well Happy Halloween and Merry Christmas I am on a cruise in December and I am going to decorate my door with Christmas magnets. Decorate your door if you want, you paid YOUR hard earned money to cruise, so let them spend there cruise time filing a complaint and you spend your time enjoying your cruise and YOUR door decorations.

Well Happy Halloween and Merry Christmas I am on a cruise in December and I am going to decorate my door with Christmas magnets. Decorate your door if you want, you paid YOUR hard earned money to cruise, so let them spend there cruise time filing a complaint and you spend your time enjoying your cruise and YOUR door decorations.

The magnet I brought for my door on my last Inspiration cruise was no good, the doors were not metal, I was bummed out. Of course it was a large Mickey Bon Voyage porthole magnet and I would have been seriously peeved if someone would have taken it, so I was probably better off. This next cruise I'm going to pick something cute and use tape or the sticky putty stuff teachers use, it is nice to be able to pick out your door with ease (yes, after a few Carnival fun drinks I may need the identifier :p)

I'm guessing the Halloween hater was joking, no way was that real.

I clicked on this link as I am thinking of decorating my friends door next year as it is her first cruise.

But as a side thought.......

Thank goodness that some of us are starting to stand up for what we believe in. Some thing as harmless as Halloween and being able to say things like MERRY CHRISTMAS.

I am sick and tired of hearing the oxymoron, "Happy Holidays"

It's Christmas:)

Oh and by the way to philmcallister

I read on John Heald's blog that the ships at Halloween are having trick or treating and if it falls on the Elegant night, that costumes can be worn to dinner, elegant attire not required. Sounds like a lot of fun to me, Enjoy

I have always decorated my door. Helps my cabin mates and others around our cabin find their rooms. I tried magnets once but our door wasn't metal so since then I bring tape. The scotch precut strips. They always come off clean.

Sent from my iPod touch 5 using Tapatalk

Judging from the "cool" smiley I'm thinking this post is sarcasm. :confused:

I hope so anyway.

OP: we decorate using magnets and sometimes blue painters tape.

Post it notes work great for leaving messages too.

I have decorated my door for Halloween. I found a fairly large thin plastic cling type decoration that should work on any door. It was of a monster reaching through iron bars like on a cell. When it was on the door it looked like it was part of the door and had sort of a 3D effect. I also used a Halloween garland around the door frame. Really fun. Our steward brought others by to look at it.

Have fun with your decorations. The ones I bought were fairly cheap and I just tossed them afterwards. I wouldn't put up anything expensive in case there were some destructive kids(or adults) on your cruise.

Archived