Ft Lauderdale Allure Flight Home out of Miami

joekatie

We are cruising on the allure in April. How likely is it that we could make an 1120 AM flight out of Miami if we carry our own bags off?

Also, I believe RCI offers a luggage service, is this only good for FLL airport? Are there flight time restrictions for this service?

This flight would save us close to $200, worth it or no? Has anyone caught a flight at this time or earlier?

I had looked previously and didn't see much, I am sure if I had hours to comb through the threads I could find more. However, since your very useful response I looked further and found some people saying 1115 was doable. I am not saying you are correct or they are correct, but with pointless replies like yours it makes finding valuable information difficult. I appreciate your effort though.

We are cruising on the allure in April. How likely is it that we could make an 1120 AM flight out of Miami if we carry our own bags off?

Also, I believe RCI offers a luggage service, is this only good for FLL airport? Are there flight time restrictions for this service?

This flight would save us close to $200, worth it or no? Has anyone caught a flight at this time or earlier?

I don't know about transportation to Miami. However, if you carry your own bags, and there are no delays, you should be off the ship and outside the terminal before 7am. Allure and Oasis normally dock around 5:15am.

Thank you for the information, I had read that before I asked the question. I also read it is about an hour to Miami airport. I have never flown out of Miami does anyone know how long the security lines may be at 830 or 9 am?

Thank you for the information, I had read that before I asked the question. I also read it is about an hour to Miami airport. I have never flown out of Miami does anyone know how long the security lines may be at 830 or 9 am?

If you are flying coach security lines can be very long. I would arrive to Miami at least 2 hours before your flight.

If this was me I would book a flight Noon or later but in the end it comes down to how much stress you can deal with.

What day are you arriving. I can look up how many ships are in port for you.

Keith

PE to MIA is typically about an hour, might be a little less on a Sunday morning. For an 11:20 flight you need to be at MIA no later than 9:50 (and 9:30 or earlier is MUCH better); I would skip the shared shuttles and cruise line transfer bus and either book a car/limo or pay for a taxi. If you are rolling, with all bags and clear of customs/imigration by 8:30 or before you should make your flight but your schedule has no room for delays.

A better option is to book a flight leaving after noon so that you do not spend your cruise worried about making your flight home. ;)

A taxi will cost you about $85+ and shared shuttle service will run about $40 per person, depending upon how large your group is. You also might check with Larry's Limos - often suggested on these boards for Miami service; typically about the same fare as a cab but a much nicer ride! :cool:

Good luck! :)

Sunday april 27th 2014. Thank you.

Sent from my XT897 using Forums mobile app

There are three ships which is good.

Also, they disembark their ship faster than almost anyone.

Again, it comes down to stress. For me I don't like to stress about these things so I would go with a later flight but there will be some who will go for it.

Keith

Archived