Best cruise to Hawaii

Getting out there

"Best" by what definition?

You can't find any in the summer because other than the Pride of America doing it's 7 day trips within the islands, nobody cruises to Hawaii then. The ships are in other locations, such as Alaska. Generally the West Coast-Hawaii season is October-May.

Reading down the board will get you a lot of info on the various aspects of cruising Hawaii.

We are currently on a Hawaii cruise and loving it! We also just completed a cruise in Alaska in August. I highly recommend both as it's a true gem to have these wonderful cruises... Think of it as the fire and ice cruise or follow the whales :)

By the way, we had the best private tour in Maui! I highly recommend Matt's Maui Taxi Service. mauitaxitours@gmail.com

Aloha!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

• 2 weeks later...
Thinking of taking a cruise to Hawaii. Want to know your favorites and why. Also, I can't find any that sail in the summer.

We were wondering the same thing. Considering a cruise to Hawaii in a couple of years from California. What cruise lines does everyone like??

Our last three cruises have been the RT to Hawaii from Los Angeles on Princess. There are many here who have been on this same itinerary on Princess several years in a row. What is the secret to Princess's success? The Hawaiian cultural program is usually mentioned by most people as a major advantage over some of the other cruiselines also going to Hawaii. About five or six years ago, the cruise director hired a musical duo named Elua to help him develop the program that features lessons in hula, uke playing, lei making, as well as seminars and talks about the islands. If you do a search on "Elua," you will find many favorable posts. This season, they're on the Star Princess.

I like a cruise that leaves and return from California as it provides several sea day at the front and the end of the cruise to relax and enjoy the ship as well as usually visit to around five different Hawaii Ports Of Call.

Look at Celebrity, Princess and other cruise lines that offer this itinerary.

Keith

I like a cruise that leaves and return from California as it provides several sea day at the front and the end of the cruise to relax and enjoy the ship as well as usually visit to around five different Hawaii Ports Of Call.

Look at Celebrity, Princess and other cruise lines that offer this itinerary.

Keith

Sounds good! Do you prefer one cruise line over the other? We will be celebrating a 50th birthday

I like Princess in general, so that's what I chose for my Hawaii cruises in the past. I did a one way from Hawaii to CA many years ago and it remained my favorite cruise for many years mostly because I love all the sea days. Last year, I went on the Sapphire Princess for the round trip. For my cruise, we had a cruise director named David Cole and he loves Hawaii and does an excellent job providing a good Hawaii experience. Elua was not on my cruise, but I still had a great time. This year, I'm going on the Star Princess and will have David Cole and Elua both. I'm really looking forward to it. Actually, I originally booked a HAL cruise because the price was a much better deal, but I really wanted to go on Princess. Princess finally dropped prices and made an offer I couldn't refuse. I cancelled HAL and will be doing Princess again. Can't wait.

I like Princess in general, so that's what I chose for my Hawaii cruises in the past. I did a one way from Hawaii to CA many years ago and it remained my favorite cruise for many years mostly because I love all the sea days. Last year, I went on the Sapphire Princess for the round trip. For my cruise, we had a cruise director named David Cole and he loves Hawaii and does an excellent job providing a good Hawaii experience. Elua was not on my cruise, but I still had a great time. This year, I'm going on the Star Princess and will have David Cole and Elua both. I'm really looking forward to it. Actually, I originally booked a HAL cruise because the price was a much better deal, but I really wanted to go on Princess. Princess finally dropped prices and made an offer I couldn't refuse. I cancelled HAL and will be doing Princess again. Can't wait.

:):):):)

Dave

(of Elua)

https://www.facebook.com/eluamusic

Thank you! We've been leaning toward Princess!

Having done two Princess cruises and loved them both that's the one we're planning. I booked the round trip from LA in March 2015. Something to look forward to! After just returning from a wonderful cruise of New England and Canada I look forward to the sea days on the next cruise. This one was so port intensive that I missed spending more time on the ship!

Marilyn

We are booked through Carnival for January 2014 to Hawaii. We did this same itinerary in December 2011 on the Carnival also. Loved being able to have the 5 sea days both to and from Hawaii out of L.A.

Princess is a great cruise line also. I would say go with whichever offers the best rates.

Archived