Where is Rhapsody going?

PCWalton1

Rhapsody of the Seas is booked into Fremantle Port (Perth) Western Australia on 13 September 2016 and 20 September 2017. For Rhapsody to make this commitment she would have to leave Alaska early August. It would be safe to say Rhapsody it is not on the Alaska run 2016 and 2017..

http://www.fremantleports.com.au/Visiting/Cruising/Pages/Cruise-Ship-Visits.aspx

Rhapsody of the Seas is booked into Fremantle Port (Perth) Western Australia on 13 September 2016 and 20 September 2017. For Rhapsody to make this commitment she would have to leave Alaska early August. It would be safe to say Rhapsody it is not on the Alaska run 2016 and 2017..

http://www.fremantleports.com.au/Visiting/Cruising/Pages/Cruise-Ship-Visits.aspx

Nice! That is wildflower season in WA.

Interesting. ROS due to arrive Sydney 29 September 2016 for the regular summer cruise program according to Sydney Ports.

What about 2015?

Currently booked to arrive Sydney 1st Oct 2015, and not visiting Fremantle til later, so still forecast to be similar to previous years.

Thank you, that's very helpful......because we are all sort of wondering why Hawaii to Vancouver May 2 is still missing. :D:):D

I thought that I read that one of her cruises to Hawaii either this year or last year was cancelled as he ship was chartered. Maybe the same thing happened again this year.

Sorry, 02 May 2015.....13 nights from Hawaii to Vancouver. According to "critterchick", the Sydney to HNL prior is also missing.

Oh well will wait and see then, we are booked on the Sydney to Hawaii in April 2015 - hope she is going somewhere!!

Kirsten

Kristen ..is your cruise still showing up on the Australian (Royal Caribbean) website?

~Patti :)

Kristen ..is your cruise still showing up on the Australian (Royal Caribbean) website?

~Patti :)

No just showing the one before it, 6th April going to North Qld, that is 11 nights. The Sydney to Hawaii is missing and nothing for May at all on the Australia site.

Kirsten

Bummer! Thank you Kirsten. :) I guess we will have to wait and see what happens with them.

We just did the reverse Hawaii to Sydney and booked this on board so whatever the issue is it has just happened. I just hope if it's a new ship it has the 2 bedroom suites as that is what we need (too many kids). And if it's a charter I vote a Country Music Cruise!

Kirsten

We sailed Sydney to Honolulu in 2012...what a great cruise! And we really enjoyed our time in Sydney. I have no idea what is going on with these cruises. But if it is a charter...we will probably pass. :)

Does a charter change much on board? We are happy as long a kids club runs and we get the room we picked! Though we do have friends that were booking the same trip next week so I guess they are locked out now til we find out what is happening.

Kirsten

Does a charter change much on board? We are happy as long a kids club runs and we get the room we picked! Though we do have friends that were booking the same trip next week so I guess they are locked out now til we find out what is happening.

Kirsten

Kirsten, I've never been on a chartered cruise...but from what I have read, you have to book through the charter company, and it might not be a group that we wish to sail with.

A charter would not be my first guess for these 2 cruises. My guess would be a possible redeployment. Rhapsody may be moving somewhere else. If that is the case, our cruises will be cancelled, and we might be offered something different.

But I have no information about the future, and we should just hold onto our reservations, keep our fingers crossed, and wait and see. :)

Kirsten, I've never been on a chartered cruise...but from what I have read, you have to book through the charter company, and it might not be a group that we wish to sail with.

A charter would not be my first guess for these 2 cruises. My guess would be a possible redeployment. Rhapsody may be moving somewhere else. If that is the case, our cruises will be cancelled, and we might be offered something different.

But I have no information about the future, and we should just hold onto our reservations, keep our fingers crossed, and wait and see. :)

Interesting I hope it's not cancelled, given there are only four 2 bedroom suites they are hard to come by, I know ours was the only one booked as we got to pick from all of them. That is why we have to book so far out.

Anyway what will be will be. At least if it goes ahead we are already locked in!

All the best

Kirsten

Interesting I hope it's not cancelled, given there are only four 2 bedroom suites they are hard to come by, I know ours was the only one booked as we got to pick from all of them. That is why we have to book so far out.

Anyway what will be will be. At least if it goes ahead we are already locked in!

All the best

Kirsten

Sometimes it can be a partial charter, where the only impact is onboard, there are activities and depending on numbers the other passengers may or may not be affected.

However, it can also be a full charter, in which case your existing booking would be cancelled.

That said, it may be something else from a charter such as changed itineraries or even dry dock (though I also don't think that likely), so not much you can do so far but just see what happens.