RC Big Announcement for the UK on 21st November

gstewart

Forgive me but this is a forum is it not? This is where we discuss speculation, as well as actual news.

Of course.

Then again...some posts matter-of-factly seem to imply what IS happening in contrast to the reality that it's what MIGHT BE happening.

Other than that...speculate away...

Lets hope the big announcement is that they are scrapping plans to outsource the UK customer service centre to a Spanish speaking country with that wonderfully successful company that begins with an X running it.

But in reality it is probably confirmation of some sail dates for Anthem that were leaked by the Port of Le Harve last month.

Lets hope the big announcement is that they are scrapping plans to outsource the UK customer service centre to a Spanish speaking country with that wonderfully successful company that begins with an X running it.

But in reality it is probably confirmation of some sail dates for Anthem that were leaked by the Port of Le Harve last month.

not so good if they do.

Lets hope the big announcement is that they are scrapping plans to outsource the UK customer service centre to a Spanish speaking country with that wonderfully successful company that begins with an X running it

Just this week they had an advert for staff to work night shift in Guatemala for Royal Caribbean. :(

So sadly the news won't be the scrapping of the plan to outsource UK customer service.

If Quantum can endure sailing out of Bayonne year round then Anthem should be able to endure sailing out of Southampton year round...

Well said Dave!! For 2015 we would love to go back to Europe, and sailing on Anthem out of the UK would suit us just fine!! And having Quantum in our back yard makes the prospects for 2015 even better!! Paul

Since we are all speculating here lets try a new take on this.

Anthem out of Southampton for the summer season and then to Australia for the winter season. There are already rumours that Rhapsody is being moved.

The new panama canal opens in 2015. Not sure of the exact month so their is a chance she could do a westbound transatlantic to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale and then a panama canal cruise to California followed by a transpacific to Australia. It would be about a month of travel each fall and spring leaving only 4 months in Australia though. Not sure what it would take to be worth the effort.

The new panama canal opens in 2015. Not sure of the exact month so their is a chance she could do a westbound transatlantic to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale and then a panama canal cruise to California followed by a transpacific to Australia. It would be about a month of travel each fall and spring leaving only 4 months in Australia though. Not sure what it would take to be worth the effort.

Instead of repositioning westbound I wonder what they could do itinerary wise going eastbound through the Suez Canal. This would surely be a quicker route.

Could some tell me more about the call center in Guatemala. This is the first I have seen this info.

Not very friendly staff, when i phoned from here in the UK earlier this month the staff sounded if the couldn't care less plus their English was quite bad. Definate cost cutting from Royal Caribbean, i'm glad i cancelled my upcoming cruise!

Even with the new canal, the Bridge of the Americas will still limit ship height to 190ft above the waterline. I haven't been able to find a height for the Quantum class, but unless it's significantly shorter than the Voyager and Freedom classes it won't fit.