All things Getaway

Medtech2

Ok, so these photos have been posted in newly-created threads in the NCL forum, but they haven't been added to this thread yet. I came across them so I figured I do the honors (why mods didn't shift those threads into this one is beyond me...). Anyways...

Here's a post from a news site in the Netherlands with some great photos, very nice quality shots:

http://www.cruisereiziger.nl/2014/01/11/fotoreportage-norwegian-getawa/

And here's a site with some folks apparently doing a live blog. I've posted a link to the beginning of the photos form the Getaway midway through their forum blog (I'm assuming more photos yet to come):

http://forum.liveboat.it/viewtopic.php?f=190&t=8975&sid=e9c224b8d69f0d3fd7352f3396788ca0&start=60

Ha! Great pics, too bad I couldn't read any of the captions!

Ok, so these photos have been posted in newly-created threads in the NCL forum, but they haven't been added to this thread yet. I came across them so I figured I do the honors (why mods didn't shift those threads into this one is beyond me...). Anyways...

Here's a post from a news site in the Netherlands with some great photos, very nice quality shots:

http://www.cruisereiziger.nl/2014/01/11/fotoreportage-norwegian-getawa/

And here's a site with some folks apparently doing a live blog. I've posted a link to the beginning of the photos form the Getaway midway through their forum blog (I'm assuming more photos yet to come):

http://forum.liveboat.it/viewtopic.php?f=190&t=8975&sid=e9c224b8d69f0d3fd7352f3396788ca0&start=60

Thank you for posting these pictures

We are on the 12/13/14 cruise

The Breakaway was a brand new concept, so I think people were salivating to learn everything they could. With the Getaway being another Breakaway class ship, there is so much we already know, just based on it being a copy of the Breakway in many ways.

We recently had a small thread on here about the restaurant concepts being revealed and I was particularly excited about how they are using the Deck 16 restaurant. Sounds awesome.

http://www.getaway.ncl.com/latest/press-releases/viva-miami-norwegian-getaway-to-debut-south-florida-themed-restaurants-bars/view/2013-10-01

Our roll call is slow. Wondering if the two ships being debuted so close together has softened the interest in the Getaway. People are still excited to talk Breakaway.

I think the big difference is where they sail from. Miami port has a lot of competition. Prices for the getaway are more than what is expected from NCL. For the same price, one could sail a more upgraded cruiseline. NCL is known for being budget friendly w/ small cabins. May be hard to draw interested when almost every cruiseline is available for sailing at the Miami port. In NY, choices and destinations are limited. For those looking to save on airfare, it is appealing to have this massive ship in their backyard.

I think the big difference is where they sail from. Miami port has a lot of competition. Prices for the getaway are more than what is expected from NCL. For the same price, one could sail a more upgraded cruiseline. NCL is known for being budget friendly w/ small cabins. May be hard to draw interested when almost every cruiseline is available for sailing at the Miami port. In NY, choices and destinations are limited. For those looking to save on airfare, it is appealing to have this massive ship in their backyard.

I think that is perception of the old NCL 10 years ago. It has gone thru a complete transformation and now has the youngest fleet of the major cruise lines. No longer the budget line I think they have passed that to Carnival :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

What will we see in New York during the Super Bowl???

Will it be the Getaway with the hull art OR will it be the Bud Light Hotel with no hull art like we see in the commercials ??????

I very much doubt they will cover up the brand spanking new hull art - drape it with big Bud adverts (shudder) - possibly:eek:

Yeah I alread posted that one above, and I think your link is messed up, brings you to the forum itself, not the thread.

Yeah, my bad. Saw it on another thread. Did not realize it was here. Sorry!

How is the foot? Were you not the one that sprained their ankle or broke their foot on the breakaway steps?

Hi. I am new to Norwegian. What is the VIBE? I see it has lounge chairs, hot tubs, and a bar. Is it a special club like the Haven?

Thank you.

Yes, Haven passengers have access I believe and they sell a limited number of passes for everyone else for the week too. Adult only area.

Yes, Haven passengers have access I believe and they sell a limited number of passes for everyone else for the week too. Adult only area.

Haven passengers do NOT have access, unless they pay like everyone else. Limited amount of passes available to Vibe, first come, first served. Haven passengers have the Haven and a private Haven sundeck.

Haven passengers do NOT have access, unless they pay like everyone else. Limited amount of passes available to Vibe, first come, first served. Haven passengers have the Haven and a private Haven sundeck.

So the VIBE is just a separate sundeck then? Do you know how much the Vibe is? Also, do you know if everyone in the cabin have to get it if one does?

Just sailed out from Rotterdam on Getaway.

Really impressed with the Grammy Experience venue. Not sure if already reported, but Nestor Torres is already onboard and scheduled for a show tonight from 9 pm to 1 am, with no reservations accepted for the venue.

Just sailed out from Rotterdam on Getaway.

Really impressed with the Grammy Experience venue. Not sure if already reported, but Nestor Torres is already onboard and scheduled for a show tonight from 9 pm to 1 am, with no reservations accepted for the venue.

Then he will probably be on the transatlantic as well. Watched a few youtube videos and that is not my kind of music.