All things Getaway

Medtech2

Don't hold me to it, but I'm seriously contemplating a "live from" the Getaway TA. I'm thinking that I can't be reading all of the hours I'm planning in the Spa. It's almost certain I won't be frolicking in the pool, sipping mojitos on The Waterfront, or walking the plank. I know how much I was dying for news of the Breakaway when she first came out. To blog, or not to blog, that is the question…..:eek:

Please do!!!!! :). Blog, that is.:) I am so excited to see more pictures of the Getaway, and hear all about it! I'm curious as to what the inside decor will be as compared to the Breakaway. I am assuming it will be different, maybe more of a colorful Miami feel.

Just booked her for May 31 sailing. So looking forward to it.

I was surprised the prices were so reasonable. Since we did Allure last year we wanted something new and you can not get newer than The Getaway.

Any idea about the menus and prices for the specialty dinning options?

Getaway left Bremerhaven on Thursday and is currently riding out the massive storm "Xaver" in the North Sea. As Bremerhaven was expecting very high tides, it was apparently not deemed safe for the ship to remain docked, so they took her out to sea (with around 600 crew and 200 workers from the shipyard).

See story in German newspaper http://www.nwzonline.de/wirtschaft/weser-ems/kreuzfahrtschiff-fluechtet-vor-orkantief_a_10,4,3631576368.html

Fullscreen%2520capture%252006122013%2520141233.jpg

Edited by boeckli

Booked a B6 on 2/22 cruise. Any comment on this cabin with extra large balcony????

Hi, Sue. We are on your 2-22 sailing, but in an M6. Maybe you'll be looking down onto our balcony:). Can't wait till the first live reports and pictures start coming in!

I am excited to see the pictures that (hopefully) will be coming out soon. While Breakaway and Getaway are sister ships, it appears there are going to be dramatic differences in colors, theme restaurants, etc. Plus the addition of the Grammy experience and magic show. I think while the structures of the ships will be almost identical, it will be a difference to see New York vs Miami.

Other sister ships like Jewel and Pearl had almost identical color choices for décor, rugs, art, etc. So I am looking forward to dissect each tiny detail.

(hey give me a break, I have to have something to do and look forward to until 2015)

:)

I am excited to see the pictures that (hopefully) will be coming out soon. While Breakaway and Getaway are sister ships, it appears there are going to be dramatic differences in colors, theme restaurants, etc. Plus the addition of the Grammy experience and magic show. I think while the structures of the ships will be almost identical, it will be a difference to see New York vs Miami.

Other sister ships like Jewel and Pearl had almost identical color choices for décor, rugs, art, etc. So I am looking forward to dissect each tiny detail.

(hey give me a break, I have to have something to do and look forward to until 2015)

:)

I will try to post pics from the middle of the Atlantic. If it's just too, too slow, I'll have them teed up to post while we wait at Newark on the 26th. I'm also thinking there will be a lot of pics posted before we even board 1/16…I hope!:cool:

I will try to post pics from the middle of the Atlantic. If it's just too, too slow, I'll have them teed up to post while we wait at Newark on the 26th. I'm also thinking there will be a lot of pics posted before we even board 1/16…I hope!:cool:

Very cool!

THANK YOU

Please, please, please blog for us! :D We're doing the 2-day from NYC to the Bahamas Feb. 3rd & will be looking forward to your preview.

Booked a B6 on 2/22 cruise. Any comment on this cabin with extra large balcony????

We also just booked a B6 #9128. Would love to see any pics of the larger balcony, any room will do :). Last cruise was on the 6 month old Celebrity Reflection. Can't wait to sail on the 6 month old Getaway...Back with NCL, last cruise with them was 1999 on SS Norway, going to see what this freestyle cruising is all about :D

• 3 weeks later...

----

Prices have dropped so that we have moved from an inside IC to a bumpout balcony BD for the same price...

I was very surprised to see the bumpouts not already taken!

Now not sure if we will get Spa passes, which was the original plan with the inside, since they have priced them so high...if they would only go back to giving a couple's discount, hint, hint...

I saw that the ship rode out a storm?

Anyone know how it went?

Getaway has handled everything that has come her way. Handover is the 10th of January. then off She will go- Rotterdam, Southampton, New York City. Three weeks from today She (16 January) will sail from Southampton to NYC. I can not wait to be aboard Her on the 16th.

Someone who is lucky enough to sail her early...please please please. Post menus. Wondering what they are serving in Flamingos and MDR.

Also what age groups are the kids club..... will my 10 and 12 YO be togther?...that would not be good :-)

Can not wait for some more info on her.

Not sailing until 5/31/14

Hi Everyone!

This will be our first cruise with Norweigian. My first question is for past Norwegian cruisers and your experience with their debarkation process. First, is it usually timely? The itinerary shows the ship arrives back in Miami at 8 a.m., and debarkation takes place within 2 hours.

Next, we're looking at flights out of Fort Lauderdale and would like advice on the earliest time we can book.

Any help you can provide would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Barb

Hi Everyone!

This will be our first cruise with Norweigian. My first question is for past Norwegian cruisers and your experience with their debarkation process. First, is it usually timely? The itinerary shows the ship arrives back in Miami at 8 a.m., and debarkation takes place within 2 hours.

Next, we're looking at flights out of Fort Lauderdale and would like advice on the earliest time we can book.

Any help you can provide would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Barb

Hi Barb

I would not book any flight from FTL earlier than noon. FTL airport is about 45 minutes from the port of Miami. That is with NO traffic. So allow some time for issues with traffic or unnecessary delays in disembarkation. The ideal flight would be 1pm or 1:30.

I have sailed Epic but both times in a suite with priority disembarkation. So I cant comment on how fast the entire ship is empty. But I imagine everyone is off within 2 hours. Allow yourself another 30 minutes to get a cab once off the ship. Sometimes there is a long line to fetch a cab at the port.

Edited by david_sobe