taxi cost- FLL to total wine to port?

jamin jul

Bob- Was it recent that you stopped at total wine on the way? Did you pre-order. You may have posted on a previous post that I posted- but can you walk from total wine to ship? Everyone said no in the post but actually I called and spoke to someone at the port and they said people do walk. We saw them walking last time. What do you think. May get dropped of at Walgreens instead. But -it isn't the extra cost of the taxi - it is our plane arrives early and I just dont want to sit at the airport or port for 2 hours but I do want to get to ship (Oasis) at 1100am. Anyway- trying to waste some time but not sitting for 2 hours?? I don't want to tour- I have been to FLL before. Thanks for your input. Julie

Bob- Was it recent that you stopped at total wine on the way? Did you pre-order. You may have posted on a previous post that I posted- but can you walk from total wine to ship? Everyone said no in the post but actually I called and spoke to someone at the port and they said people do walk. We saw them walking last time. What do you think. May get dropped of at Walgreens instead. But -it isn't the extra cost of the taxi - it is our plane arrives early and I just dont want to sit at the airport or port for 2 hours but I do want to get to ship (Oasis) at 1100am. Anyway- trying to waste some time but not sitting for 2 hours?? I don't want to tour- I have been to FLL before. Thanks for your input. Julie

Yes, we pre-ordered at Total Wine and I was in the store less than 5 minutes picking up the order.

I would not want to walk from Total Wine. The entrance to the port is not that far, but I don't think you realize the size of Port Everglades. It could be a long walk from the port entrance to your terminal. It also does not look conducive to walking with bags. Kind of an industrial looking place.

Yes, we pre-ordered at Total Wine and I was in the store less than 5 minutes picking up the order.

I would not want to walk from Total Wine. The entrance to the port is not that far, but I don't think you realize the size of Port Everglades. It could be a long walk from the port entrance to your terminal. It also does not look conducive to walking with bags. Kind of an industrial looking place.

It is a VERY long walk from Total Wine to the terminal where the Oasis departs out of. I know, because we were there recently and drove into the port to deliver our luggage before taking our car back to the airport to then be shuttled back to the port. Factor in things like thunder and lightning, which we had, and it would be a very unpleasant walk:)

It was about a one to two-mile distance it seemed

I guess we are looking at other plans. ? cost of taxi from FLL to beach( Courtyard by Marriott), then ? cost of taxi from beach to port? Also-anywhere to buy champagne near there? We will be there Sat. Am Any other transportation options? Wish we could fly down Friday - but unable due to work schedules.:(

Hi Julie - Have you thought of renting a car from FLL then go to the Seabreeze Dr and park for 1.25 an hour at the beach then go to your wine shop and go drop the car off at Avis then they will shuttle you to the port? LOL That is what we are doing minus the wine shop. :D:rolleyes::D

Archived