Distance from Barcelona el prat Airport to Cruise port?

MKI29

Please can anyone tell me how far it is from Barcelona airport to the cruise port please as I have had a few different answers when looking on the net, some say it takes over an hour and others say it takes less than 30 minutes? We are going on the Liberty of the seas next October, (our 1st time cruising with Royal Caribbean) but we are getting our own flights as RCI wanted an extra £1000 for 4 of us, so I'm sure we will get them a bit cheaper than that with Ryanair or Monarch nearer the time. I am able to book the flights going to Barcelona, but there are none coming back yet, as they only go up to Oct 25th and we come back on the 26th!!! Not sure when the flights from the 26th onwards will go on sale, so if anyone has any idea Id be grateful! Thank you

Please can anyone tell me how far it is from Barcelona airport to the cruise port please as I have had a few different answers when looking on the net, some say it takes over an hour and others say it takes less than 30 minutes? We are going on the Liberty of the seas next October, (our 1st time cruising with Royal Caribbean) but we are getting our own flights as RCI wanted an extra £1000 for 4 of us, so I'm sure we will get them a bit cheaper than that with Ryanair or Monarch nearer the time. I am able to book the flights going to Barcelona, but there are none coming back yet, as they only go up to Oct 25th and we come back on the 26th!!! Not sure when the flights from the 26th onwards will go on sale, so if anyone has any idea Id be grateful! Thank you

When we did it a couple of years ago, it took around 20 minutes.

We did our own flights in January, a taxi cost €30 each way and took 20 mins, but beware that there will be long queues for a taxi when you disembark so make sure you leave enough time for this..and try avoid Ryanair if you can they are shocking..

Jason

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you! There are 9 of us travelling altogether including friends so we may be better off booking a shuttle bus or something nearer the time?!

If you don't want to use multiple taxis, then I suggest you check out the Spain Ports board for transportation suggestions:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=596

Depending on where you're flying from, it might be best to get in the day before (if you can take the time). I can recommend the Atlantis Hotel in the centre of Barcelona for a budget, well-located hotel. Rooms were bigger than average European rooms, and it's literally a 2 minute walk from there to the metro.

If you don't want to use multiple taxis, then I suggest you check out the Spain Ports board for transportation suggestions:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=596

If there's 9 of you, I definitely would recommend arranging some other form of transportation. The queue for taxis in Barcelona was the worst I've ever experienced. We waited almost an hour. Meanwhile we saw all the people who pre-arranged travel walking right out and getting into the waiting vans/cars.

20 minutes to the airport sounds about right, although the wait to get through immigration can be horrendous, especially if you are not EU.

... the wait to get through immigration can be horrendous, especially if you are not EU.
Since OP was pricing in £, I assume they are from the UK. UK is in the EU, but they are NOT part of the Schengen zone (Spain is), so hard to say what immigration line they will have to go to. You can travel throughout the Schengen zone with no further immigration formalities (for example from Spain to Iceland (which BTW is NOT in the EU]), but to go from France to England one does have to go through immigration. If you want to see the complexities of travel and business in Europe, check out the Euler Diagram below. Actually things are MORE complex than shown; as an example Andorra, Kosovo and Montenegro are NOT members of the EU, have NO Monetary Agreement with the EU, yet their only currency is the Euro (I think I got that right:cool:).

Thom

500px-Supranational_European_Bodies-en.svg.png

Thanks for the info, I think booking a minibus in advance for our transfers is the best idea..... and yes, we are from the UK :) Just need to find out when next Octobers flights go on sale now!

Most airlines open flights 330 days in advance, so November.

Oh, not long to wait then, thank you! :)

You said Royal Caribbean wanted 1000 more, I suppose you checked with RCL directly? Or did you check with Choice Air? If not you could check with Choice Air. We used them to fly Amsterdam-Rome vv for our cruise on the Navigator last month (only booked in july so that was pretty last minute) and we got KLM tickets through Choice Air for € 100 p.p. cheaper than directly with KLM. First we looked up the flights through the cruise reservation link. And then we booked going directly to: http://www.choiceair.com, you have to put in your reservation number, date, ship etc. We were able to choose the flights that suited us best.

Airlines open up bookings usually 330 days in advance. I found the cheapest fares by booking that far out. Good luck and enjoy your cruise on the Liberty, it is a great ship!

Thank you for that! I have just been on the choiceair website but it says no flights available? I will keep looking though, I'd never heard of them before! I did check with RCL first, but it was £1000 extra for flights, and I'm sure I'll get them cheaper than that. I want to book them as soon as they come out so I don't have to worry about them. Never been on a RC cruise before, just 2 Thomson cruises in 2004 and 2012 so I'm sure we'll love it. Thanks again :)

Thank you for that! I have just been on the choiceair website but it says no flights available? I will keep looking though, I'd never heard of them before! I did check with RCL first, but it was £1000 extra for flights, and I'm sure I'll get them cheaper than that. I want to book them as soon as they come out so I don't have to worry about them. Never been on a RC cruise before, just 2 Thomson cruises in 2004 and 2012 so I'm sure we'll love it. Thanks again :)

As the other poster mentioned, wait until you are within 330 days.

Also, a feature of Choice Air is their Flex payment type. If you choose this method, you pay a bit more for the flights, but you don't pay in full until cruise final payment date. This way if you cancel the cruise before final payment date, you are only out the Choice Air booking fee.

Archived