Mfoto - tripod reviews/thoughts

meapya

i'm going to be in tokyo/manila for the month of january next year.

gonna be taking alooot of pics...was looking at this tripod at my local camera shop.

i like the idea how it can be both a tripod and monopod.

btw for ease of discussion, ama be bringing my sony nex-5 (kit lense) and also canon 7d and some lenses (10-20mm, 17-50mm, and 18-135 (i think that's the reach).

thanks and meapya.

I was thinking the OP was referring to MeFoto. Be aware though that their least expensive tripod (Backpacker) does not have the monopod conversion capability. You have to go with the DayTripper or higher for that feature.

I have seen the Backpacker, and while it is tiny and cute, the 5th leg section looks awfully small. I am actually going to look at the DayTripper tomorrow at my local camera shop as a possible Christmas present for my son.

If you want a combo Tripod/Monopod, also look at Benro's Travel Flat v2 travel tripods. They are more heavy duty - but also a bit larger.

Note. Benro makes MeFoto tripods.

Did you go with the Carbon Fiber version of the Day Tripper or the Aluminum version?

I looked at both today (Christmas shopping for my son), and I am undecided between the Carbon Fiber Day Tripper or an Aluminum Induro AT214 + Induro BHL1 head. They are about the same price.

The Induro does seem a bit more rigid - however, if I were to buy one for travelling or cruising, I would probably get him the DayTripper.

Did you go with the Carbon Fiber version of the Day Tripper or the Aluminum version?

I looked at both today (Christmas shopping for my son), and I am undecided between the Carbon Fiber Day Tripper or an Aluminum Induro AT214 + Induro BHL1 head. They are about the same price.

The Induro does seem a bit more rigid - however, if I were to buy one for travelling or cruising, I would probably get him the DayTripper.

The aluminum one, the weight was not much more. Have been very happy and really like the compact (16") size for travel.

I had an Induro monopod, very good quality...but sold it after the Benro purchase.

Recently purchased a Sony NEX and am taking this and the Fuji X100 most of the time now.

Archived