• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Upgrade from Fred

Had a call from TA this morning telling us that we have been given a FREE upgrade to a balcony suite on the Braemar next February :):)

Been on seven Thomson cruises and never been given anything :(:( (except free AI on Dream in 2010 and £250 refund as the cruise was so bad)

Free AI on Braemar too as we booked early :):)

Had a call from TA this morning telling us that we have been given a FREE upgrade to a balcony suite on the Braemar next February

Been on seven Thomson cruises and never been given anything :(:( (except free AI on Dream in 2010 and £250 refund as the cruise was so bad)

Great news :)

Had a call from TA this morning telling us that we have been given a FREE upgrade to a balcony suite on the Braemar next February :):)

Very good Linda Pity Thomson do not look after their loyal customers.We have been on the Dream 6 times since 2010. The last being in sept when we were celebrating 25 yrs married. When we booked 1yr before the lady in our Thomson TA put it on our booking form . Not even a drink on thomson Then when you fill in the comment form they ask if you have been a previous customer and were you recognised ( only by the crew) We have had the free AI but that only for booking at the right time

When we went to the Caribbean on the Braemar in 2011 for my birthday, I was greeted at the gangway with "Happy Birthday Ma'am Linda" as they swiped my cruise card and at dinner I was serenaded with "Happy Birthday to you" by the dining staff, including a guitarist :) Then I received a birthday cake to share among our table (only 4 of us, so a big piece each :eek: :D) None of these had been requested by us and every evening there were several birthdays and anniversaries - all serenaded by the crew :)

On Princess in the fjords, lots of balloons and Happy Birthday/Anniversary wishes on cabins doors :)

Last year, on the Dream in the Caribbean - DH had to pay £6 to wish me happy birthday in the cruise news and no cake unless you paid for it:(

Come on Thomson - how much do a few cakes or balloons cost??

What a lovely surprise Linda!

To be fair on Thomson we were invited to dine at the Staff Captains table on the formal night and were serenaded at the table for our Silver Wedding Anniversary last year on the Dream.

Back on the Dream on Saturday and its my birthday this Sunday but I am not holding my breath for anything this time - can´t see my ex-Accountant / count every penny Husband paying 6 Pounds to put a notice in the Cruise News LOL!

Edited by campolady

Had e-mail from Tom,s TA upgrade to junior suite from de-luxe room couple,s hotel Barbados to go with stay and cruise
Jolly good so'ton saint :) We had a bottle of bubbly on return to Rocamarina two weeks ago,Thomson Gold Hotel, but I suspect it was the hotel that arranged that.:rolleyes:;)

• 4 weeks later...