Rodeway Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale: Airport cruiseport

toothmaker

We stayed at that Rodeway Inn last January.

It is old but clean. Restauarant and Bar very handy and food good. On check in they give you tickets for free wine or beer.

They sell wine and misc things in case you need for the trip. Friendly staff. Free pickup at airport and to the cruise port. Really organized

morning of cruise and we were at the cruise port nice and early.

Not near any other restaurants or shopping.

We were going to stay there again this coming trip but decided to be on 17th street instead since we will be in town a couple of days prior to cruise. Price is still good at this time so a good value. Remember it is old and really like those old motels of years ago. Two story with no elevator so try to get a first floor room. Also forgot to mention free breakfast.

We stayed at the Rodeway Inn January 2012 before our Ruby Princess cruise. I agree with all san diego sue stated, it is an older establishment but very friendly staff that went out of their way to help. In fact, instead of 'gambling' on another hotel for our upcoming cruise in December on the Royal, we are staying here again. It is also a great advantage to be able to leave our car parked there while on the cruise.

Why:confused:

We were put up there by the airlines when our flight was cancelled. The staff was very rude. The rooms were filthy. There were 5 rooms from the airlines, and I think we were the only people who rented the room for the whole night. Most of the rooms seemed to be by the hour.

There is nothing close by at all. If you don't have a car, you are stuck. The shuttle driver told us not to leave the hotel after dark.

I could go on and on. Unless it has completely changed in the last couple years, got all new staff, and remodeled, I would not stay again.

Claudia

FYI....this motel is currently under renovation. Most rooms are already completed. We were assured that we would get a newly renovated room when we arrive in Nov. Tripadvisor shows mixed reviews. Hopefully, most of the previous problems will be taken care of. Agent I spoke to on the phone was extremely cordial. I wouldn't just write them off based on past year's experience.

FYI....this motel is currently under renovation. Most rooms are already completed. We were assured that we would get a newly renovated room when we arrive in Nov. Tripadvisor shows mixed reviews. Hopefully, most of the previous problems will be taken care of. Agent I spoke to on the phone was extremely cordial. I wouldn't just write them off based on past year's experience.

It doesn't matter how nice the renovations are, you are still in a sketchy location.

I put this link over our Roll Call because there were some new people thinking about booking this place and I wanted them to reconsider.

However one person on the board said it was being rennovated but was fine and not to believe all the reviews.......so I gave up.......:o

Sure glad I'm not staying there!!!!!

I put this link over our Roll Call because there were some new people thinking about booking this place and I wanted them to reconsider.

However one person on the board said it was being rennovated but was fine and not to believe all the reviews.......so I gave up.......:o

Sure glad I'm not staying there!!!!!

That's because they want someone to tell them it's fine.

They want justification.

If a hotel is cheaper than all the other hotels, that is a red flag.

• 2 weeks later...
Run as fast as you can away from this place....and don't look back

I wouldn't stay there. We stayed there back in 2012. The whole grounds was a disaster. The room the carpet was wet. Plus the owner will keep writing you after you post a review telling you to take it down. Plus there is nothing around that area at all. I will always pick something in a nice area with lots of good places to eat and grocery stores. Plus and the neighborhood is like a demilitarized zone.

I learned not to listen to my TA about hotels, its all about Trip advisor and CC