Crown & Anchor Society Complimentary Upgrades

Scotty G

I never got one either.I had my preference set a long time ago. I got a question though ? if you prepaid your tips already and your in a balconey and you get upgrade to a junior suite, doesnt the suite room attendants get more money ? how does that work out ??

Gratuities do not increase until you are booked in a GS or higher.

We booked a JS and were upgraded to a GS on Jewel a couple of years ago. Since the only person affected was our stateroom attendant, we asked her if RCI had made up the difference to her, and she said yes. I then checked the new invoice (I suppose I could have done that earlier:rolleyes:), and they had adjusted the cost of the cruise downward by the amount of the additional gratuities, then added that amount to the gratuities.

Now, we had MTD, which requires prepaid gratuities. Now that they are added on a daily basis, my guess is that one would be charged the increased amount.

If there was a check box in your upgrade profile that said “Call me before you automatically upgrade me to a deck/location/side of the ship that I don’t want, no matter whether it’s a higher category or not,” I might set my preferences.

Me too! This is why I am scared to set my upgrade preferences.

If there was a check box in your upgrade profile that said “Call me before you automatically upgrade me to a deck/location/side of the ship that I don’t want, no matter whether it’s a higher category or not,” I might set my preferences.

Me too! This is why I am scared to set my upgrade preferences.

You can have your preferences set that way, but you have to call C&A to do it. If you look at the website after C&A sets your preference, it will have the box checked next to "I would like an upgrade, but have restrictions", but none of the checkboxes below that line will be selected.

How does that work, Patti? If you have MTD and pre-paid your gratuities, and they upgrade you to a GS a week before the cruise, how do they go about collecting that extra money? Do they just hit your CC with another charge? :confused:

I ask because I did receive a C&A upgrade a few years ago...from a balcony to a GS. I had MTD. The upgrade was automatic, with no notification, and I don't remember being charged for the extra gratuities.

We booked a JS and were upgraded to a GS on Jewel a couple of years ago. Since the only person affected was our stateroom attendant, we asked her if RCI had made up the difference to her, and she said yes. I then checked the new invoice (I suppose I could have done that earlier:rolleyes:), and they had adjusted the cost of the cruise downward by the amount of the additional gratuities, then added that amount to the gratuities.

Now, we had MTD, which requires prepaid gratuities. Now that they are added on a daily basis, my guess is that one would be charged the increased amount.

We were upgraded to a GS a couple of weeks ago on a B2B Allure from a JS. In fact we got the call the last night of the 1st leg. They let us know we would be charged the extra gratuities on our sea pass and they were. We also do MTD.

My TA told me to make the CA change to upgrade, and I did - that was 5 yrs ago,and I had an upgrade from Balc to JS, we did not prepay gratuties, so paid the upgraded$ to staff.

We were not notified - got on board, and our key would not work - staff working in the hall told us of the change, guess it had been rather last minute! Daughter cruising with me tells me I will always have to book her JS or above now - spoiled!!

To top it off Diego, was the concierge that cruise, and he sent a letter to our room inviting us to use the lounge - bonus!!! (yes, he got a nice tip)!

My TA told me to make the CA change to upgrade, and I did - that was 5 yrs ago,and I had an upgrade from Balc to JS, we did not prepay gratuties, so paid the upgraded$ to staff.

We were not notified - got on board, and our key would not work - staff working in the hall told us of the change, guess it had been rather last minute! Daughter cruising with me tells me I will always have to book her JS or above now - spoiled!!

To top it off Diego, was the concierge that cruise, and he sent a letter to our room inviting us to use the lounge - bonus!!! (yes, he got a nice tip)!

Gratuities are the same for balcony and JS cabins. The higher amount start with the GS.

Just back from our latest adventure on the Adventure and there was a message on our phone about the policy discussed here and yesterday Roz contacted us so we were able to have a good chat with her.

We are really going to miss Cand A over here in the UK

Just back from our latest adventure on the Adventure and there was a message on our phone about the policy discussed here and yesterday Roz contacted us so we were able to have a good chat with her.

We are really going to miss Cand A over here in the UK

Am I missing something? Why are we going to miss C&A here in UK?

I got an upgrade on my very first RCI cruise :D and I was travelling solo - only to an OV from Inside but very pleased to get it. Always hopeful :)

Am I missing something? Why are we going to miss C&A here in UK?

I got an upgrade on my very first RCI cruise :D and I was travelling solo - only to an OV from Inside but very pleased to get it. Always hopeful :)

C&A UK office is closing and being moved offshore. There is an entire thread about the closure.

Archived