Cruise Critic Community

No snow in the southern part of Western PA.

You will love the full Panama transit. We have done quite a few of time.

We did the partial transit a few years ago, so dreams of the full Panama transit will keep me warm this winter.

Winter has started early here, not much snow on the ground now, but a little less than 2 weeks ago we had 55 inches of the white stuff, which is bad enough by itself but when you add an inch of freezing rain before and then 30 to 50 mph winds with the snow it's no picnic. After 2 days without power with nothing to do but watch the snow get higher and higher anywhere warm sounds very, very good! Headed for Hawaii for a couple of weeks at the end of January, but if we get another shot of winter weather anything like we just had, may not be able to wait:).

DT

San Diego NEVER gets snow. We have to head to the mountains. My oldest just moved to Austin and she may see a bit if she is lucky.

I wouldn't have her bet too much on snow in Austin. They have pretty much the same weather as we have here. It's only 80 miles and just a bit further north but not that far.

I guess my wife and I are among the few that love snow. When she retires at the end of this school year..and our transatlantic cruise we will leave the DC/MD wimpy winter weather and move back to the winter wonderland that is Buffalo!!

My DH is originally from Buffalo. Has been in Texas for 30 years. The year he left it snowed in May. He decided enough was enough....

I think the Buffalo area is very beautiful, but we just visit and head back to the heat.:D

B

Blue, sunny skies here to-day and no signs of snow.......but who knows what the rest of the week will bring.

Once the snow comes we will park our SUV in the garage. Get our winter coats out, mitts, scarves and boots.

This is why I love to live in this part of Canada.

Isn't it too bad we can't send some of our rain to those who need it and some of our snow storms to those who would like to see one:p:D

Yesterday I was sitting here in a short-sleeved cotton dress, with the window open. Today, I am in a sweatsuit, with the heat on. How quickly things changed.

The E-dam came to town one day late.

It's that time of year again. Those of us that live in the cold never look forward to it.

San Diego NEVER gets snow. We have to head to the mountains. My oldest just moved to Austin and she may see a bit if she is lucky.

I am not sure about San Diego itself, but it did snow in La Mesa a few times while I lived there.

No snow here in Southern Alberta. We have been having a very nice autumn. It's suppose to be 19C (66F) here tomorrow. Yeah! :)

Isn't it too bad we can't send some of our rain to those who need it and some of our snow storms to those who would like to see one:p:D

It's a treat when it snows here, but do we ever need rain! We live near Yosemite and the rain needs to start slowly but steadily so we don't have mudslides.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

No snow here in Montreal yet... but we know it's coming eventually! Have an appointment to get our winter tires put on today, so we'll be ready when our turn comes... just hope it's not too soon!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app