RCCL Beverage Policy

live2vayk

I went to the RCCL web site, and their policy isn't exactly clear. It starts out clear, it states RCCL will not allow liquor or non alcoholic beverages on board. The do allow two bottles of wine per cabin. But in the second paragraph they state that they will inspect soda and water bottles for alchohol. So why do they state they will do this, if they stated you are not allowed to bring non alchololic beverages aboard? What am I missing here?

I am on the Liberty of the Seas out of FLL in February. I probably will buy soda cards/cups whatever they do for my kids. But I only drink Tab. (I know, I know... 70s holdover) I don't need to bring much of it with me, I only drink one a day and this is a short cruise, but I would love to bring some. But I prefer not to be breaking the rule....

Can't explain why Royal cannot publish clear and unambiguous rules. Seems to be part of their corporate culture.

In any case, virtually everyone reports being able to bring on soda and water. Royal chooses to selectively enforce the rule, it seems mostly during spring break.

I think it is hit-or-miss. Last week on Oasis, I slapped a luggage tag on my 24 of water and it arrived in my cabin no problem. Someone had posted two weeks ago, saying they would not let her bring water on board on oasis and another had posted saying the porter refused to take and told them to walk it on board.

They are unlikely to bother you about Tab....many folks bring soda onboard....not cases, mind you, but a 6 or 12 pack.

They will confiscate alcohol (apparently they don't consider wine "alcohol", since they have different rules for that!), if they find it.....if it's hidden in a different container, they will pour it out. If it's in the original bottle, they will hold it until you depart.

They are unlikely to bother you about Tab....many folks bring soda onboard....not cases, mind you, but a 6 or 12 pack.

They will confiscate alcohol (apparently they don't consider wine "alcohol", since they have different rules for that!), if they find it.....if it's hidden in a different container, they will pour it out. If it's in the original bottle, they will hold it until you depart.

No, they don't consider wine LIQUOR.

Archived