Dogsled Discovery & Mushing Camp - Carnival Excursion

nccruiser60

I did this 2 years ago and enjoyed it - here are some pics:

pics

It is pricey but enjoyable and your 9 year old will love it. I have some friends who have a 15 year old and this was the highlight of their trip a few weeks ago. The ride itself is probably 15-20 minutes and the rest of the time is playing with the dogs, speaking to the dog mushers, learning about the different dog races, etc. .

If you have time to rent a car and drive to the Yukon - there is a cheaper dog sled up there but if not, your family will enjoy this. Price is a premium but I don't regret it.

I did this several years ago before they got "big" and ship contracted. At the time the $30 fee was OK. :) My kids did enjoy it, so so for me. If you are going to Seward, Seavey's cart ride is superior in my opinion. Also as mentioned, if you get a car rental for the day and drive to the Yukon, Caribou Crossing has cart rides for $52ca. The savings over the the ship tour would give you an excellent touring day? http://www.cariboucrossing.ca/

Archived