Best play area for young kids? Playa mia?

canadian85

Seems that Playa mia has the best play equipment for kids 5 and under? I didn't see any others that had a pool with kid slides etc.

Is there a limit to guest at playa mia?

If the kids are free, i'm going to book playa mia thru carnival. But if not I might go with Paradise due to cost. Are there any other beach clubs or resorts close by that have a comparable kids pool to playa mia?

The kids are not free at Playa Mia, unless they are under 3:

http://www.cozumel-watersports.com/excursions/playamiadaypass.html

I am not sure about guest limits. You could contact them directly on their website:

http://www.playamiacozumel.com/

Interesting, the first site says under 3 free and the second site says 2 and up $25.

It appears (on the Carnival website) if I book thru the ship that the kids are free if 5 and under (going to confim with Carnival though).

Otherwise i'm not paying AI for the kids. They don't drink much (and only water and juice) and don't eat alot either.

Kids 5 and under are free when booking with Carnival. Just be aware that when you book your excursion with them, you won't put in for a child on there (otherwise it will charge you) and they do not need a ticket. I just went through this a few months ago and called Carnival and they explained it. We didn't have any trouble when we arrived at Playa Mia and they didn't question anything. :)

Kids 5 and under are free when booking with Carnival. Just be aware that when you book your excursion with them, you won't put in for a child on there (otherwise it will charge you) and they do not need a ticket. I just went through this a few months ago and called Carnival and they explained it. We didn't have any trouble when we arrived at Playa Mia and they didn't question anything. :)

Did you book online?

If I book online, there is the option to 'choose' and pay for my 5yo, but not for the 3yo.

I also emailed them to confirm so I'll probably wait to book until after they respond.

• 2 weeks later...
Seems that Playa mia has the best play equipment for kids 5 and under? I didn't see any others that had a pool with kid slides etc.

Is there a limit to guest at playa mia?

If the kids are free, i'm going to book playa mia thru carnival. But if not I might go with Paradise due to cost. Are there any other beach clubs or resorts close by that have a comparable kids pool to playa mia?

We booked through the Cozumel water sport site, went great. No problems and my 2 yr old was free through them. She loved the pool, seriously the most fun she's ever had in the water. All the little ones loved it. I'd do it again in a second! It rained on and off and the bathroom attendant let us park the stroller & car seat in the bathroom.

We booked through the Cozumel water sport site, went great. No problems and my 2 yr old was free through them. She loved the pool, seriously the most fun she's ever had in the water. All the little ones loved it. I'd do it again in a second! It rained on and off and the bathroom attendant let us park the stroller & car seat in the bathroom.

I ended up booking thru Carnival but we might take a cab back to ship so we can stay later. If it wasn't for the kids pool we would go to Paradise Beach for alot less, but I think they'll like the pool. Hopefully they will want to swim in the beach too!!

What type of drinks did they have for kids? Do they have fruit juices?

We have 4 adults and a 3-year old in our group. I booked my ticket through Carnival so my son gets in free. The other 3 adults went though the watersports website and booked theirs separately. We're plannin on all riding in the same cab to get there.

I ended up booking thru Carnival but we might take a cab back to ship so we can stay later. If it wasn't for the kids pool we would go to Paradise Beach for alot less, but I think they'll like the pool. Hopefully they will want to swim in the beach too!!

What type of drinks did they have for kids? Do they have fruit juices?

We took lo's sippy cup of water. I did see kids with drinks, lots of slushy type drinks. I'm sure there were more options though.

I just wanted to add, that even though we booked with the cruise ship, it DID NOT include transportation. You still had to do that on your own. We caught a cab right outside the port and it was $32 1 way for 6 of us (and the same for the ride back). So, we could come and go as we wanted. There wasn't a time limit. When this excursion was purchased with the ship, it just included your ticket to get in to Playa Mia and all the drinks (which was the package we picked at the time because we wanted to buy our own food). I'm not sure if they still have this package or not. Others are reporting that they can not find it. It was a cheaper package, maybe because it didn't include the food or transportation? I'm not sure.

Just double check what your package includes and whether or not you'll have transportation included or not. :)