Going from Balcony cabin to Inside Cabin?

Djford75

This may be an unusual reason for only booking cabins with a balcony:

DH had Noro once on a ship so we both had to stay in our cabin for 48 hours.

I would have had big time cabin fever if we had not had a balcony! :rolleyes:

LuLu

~~~~

Our 1st 5 cruises were balcony rooms--we loved them. Our last one and our next one coming up are insides. We decided we would rather cruise more often and have an interior. You can save a lot of $$$ with interiors.

If I could do a b2b, I would sleep in a closet if necessary. ;)

One tip, if you DO go with the interior, turn your tv on when you go to bed, mute it and turn it to the forward webcam. It is an excellent nightlight and when you wake up in the morning, you can see how light is is outside and if you are in port or not. It is is terrific!

Happy cruising!

I've only done balcony and suites and I'd stay home entirely before I would book an inside cabin.

Other than the bed, I'd be willing to bet we spend more time on the balcony then we do anay other single place on the ship. It's an absolute must for us and for me it's almost theraputic watching the sea go by or watching the port activity, all while enjoying a cocktail, maybe some cheese and fruit, perhaps a cigar, and all in the privacy of our balcony. It's one of the biggest reasons we cruise!

I don't want to watch what's happening outside on a TV. If I did, I'd just stay home and watch cable!

But, just because that's our cruising style doesn't mean it's best for others!

My family always cruises with a balcony cabin.... we would like to do a B2B this coming spring and get an inside cabin on the Lido. Only because of the cost difference is so big.

What do you all think? Am I crazy?

Is it too dark? Too quiet?

We love inside cabins as it's nice and dark for sleeping.

We are rarely in our cabin except to sleep & dress.

We get to do B2Bs because of booking inside cabins.

My family always cruises with a balcony cabin.... we would like to do a B2B this coming spring and get an inside cabin on the Lido. Only because of the cost difference is so big.

What do you all think? Am I crazy?

Is it too dark? Too quiet?

Absolutely no problem for as far as we are concerned.

Valor in May 2013: just the 2 of us, OV on Deck 1. Nice room. Walked by some insides, they look pleasant/cheerful enough.

Would I mind staying in another Carnival inside room, not at all. We did that on the Fantasy in 1991.

Infinity and Allure, we had balconies but had to pay more.

All depends how you want your budget allocated.

Never had a bad cruise (yet), mind you, we only have 5 under our belt so not much of a sample size.

I've only done balcony and suites and I'd stay home entirely before I would book an inside cabin.

Other than the bed, I'd be willing to bet we spend more time on the balcony then we do anay other single place on the ship. It's an absolute must for us and for me it's almost theraputic watching the sea go by or watching the port activity, all while enjoying a cocktail, maybe some cheese and fruit, perhaps a cigar, and all in the privacy of our balcony. It's one of the biggest reasons we cruise!

I don't want to watch what's happening outside on a TV. If I did, I'd just stay home and watch cable!

But, just because that's our cruising style doesn't mean it's best for others!

I so agree with you! I'd rather do fewer cruises with a balcony than more cruises in an inside room.

I can't even imagine being sick on a cruise and stuck in an inside room.

But to each his own! Insides are fine for some but not for me.

While I have never cruised without a balcony I have no desire to . We spend a great deal of time out there. Coffee every morning, I read out there in the afternoon, we have drinks before dinner on the balcony and I can't count the number of hours we spend out there feet up on the railing with drinks just talking and catching up on "US".

I guess that I would rather cruise less but have the perk of a balcony but of course to each his own.. just my opinion..

We were in Lido inside, a real inside, not a window inside. And we were fine. Other than shower and sleep, I do not recall we stayed in cabin much. We are still relatively young and we never got sick in our past 10 cruises. (Well, except we had a storm cruise when all of us got sea sick. But we were not in an inside that time.) There is no reason for us to imagine being sick and stuck in an inside room.

After reading all the posts, the trends are pretty obvious.......

If you use think of your cabin as nothing more than a bed and a bathroom, insides are great. If you view the balcony as another outside area and another amenity of the ship, than that's what you want.

To us, the balcony is the best Serenity Deck on any ship!

you need a night light in the interior... PITCH BLACK

if I coukd do a B2B in an interior for the same price as 1 balcony for 1 cruise... I would pick the B2B without a doubt...

Absolutely

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app

We have had cabins from a Presidents Suite, balcony, ocean view, to a window with a walkway view. We are booked on The Breeze in Jan on the Lido with our first inside. We spend so much time on the Lido deck reading and hanging out. With The Breeze being so big and the walkabout deck sure we well have so much to do. I have electric candles with timers that I'll bring. Can't wait for Jan. yes I would not pay the extra money ! I find that we didn't use balcony so much as it gets so hot!

Archived