• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Watch Sale? (Grandeur)

slyster

If you guys can answer this, I'll be even more impressed and believe me, you guys continue to amaze me with answers to my specific questions ;-).

Soooo, I'm leaving tomorrow on Grandeur. I'm not sure if it's too late to get an answer to this or not. I remember on prior cruises that there would be "watch sales". I'm not sure if was on all my cruises or just some. I honestly didn't pay attention because I didn't need a new watch.

Well, my watch just broke...yesterday...I thought it was a battery but it's not and now I thinking I need a new one. It dawned on me that there are watch sales on the ship.

Does every cruise have these sales? or at the very least any recent Grandeur folks remember if they had watch sales? Any info is appreciated. Hopefully these are good sales otherwise, I'll try and get a new one when I get back. Thanks in advance!

I was on the Grandeur earlier this month and yes there was a watch sale. In fact I think there were two of them. They had one for $10, and one for $19.99 I believe. They also sold high end watches in one of their shops. Hope this helps.

Enjoy your cruise.

Craig

They'll have a watch sale and in addition to the $10 watches they'll either do 30%, 40% or maybe 50% off other high end watches. Also, depending on where you're going you might be able to beat their price on shore.

If you guys can answer this, I'll be even more impressed and believe me, you guys continue to amaze me with answers to my specific questions ;-).

Soooo, I'm leaving tomorrow on Grandeur. I'm not sure if it's too late to get an answer to this or not. I remember on prior cruises that there would be "watch sales". I'm not sure if was on all my cruises or just some. I honestly didn't pay attention because I didn't need a new watch.

Well, my watch just broke...yesterday...I thought it was a battery but it's not and now I thinking I need a new one. It dawned on me that there are watch sales on the ship.

Does every cruise have these sales? or at the very least any recent Grandeur folks remember if they had watch sales? Any info is appreciated. Hopefully these are good sales otherwise, I'll try and get a new one when I get back. Thanks in advance!

If your looking to buy a $10.00 or $20.00 OK, But a more expensive watch be watchful of the price (pun intended) They had a Citizen watch on board last year for 70% off. I took a photo of the code and watch. My DW looked for it locally and it was more expensive then we found it on Amazon Cheaper. Unless you know your prices, "Buyer Beware"

If you look when you first get on board and if you have internet access while on ship or in a port, try looking it up. There are so many models so you will most likely need the specific model number. If you try to go by the looks, it will never work.

Every cruise I have been on has had a watch sale.

I was able to pick up a Citizen for under $300 (retails for over $400!). On Oasis they had watch sales several times and not just the big sale at the end of the cruise. I think there were 2 separate occassions in which they were having watch sales on the Royal Promenade.

I see no reason why your cruise would not follow suite. Seems to be one of those events that is on each ship. Like The Quest.

Going to try to snake a good deal on a Tissot this December. :D

I don't really think they are"sales". I think it is more of a way for them to play with your head.

I was on the Explorer earlier in the month and saw a really nice Invicta watch that I liked in the Jewelry store on board.

They were advertizing it very heavily, 25% off US prices and no duty.

So I wrote down the model number and went upstairs to use one of their computers so I could check the price. I went to my favorite online watch website that I have made numerous purchases from in the past.

Anyway, the price online was $246.50 with free shipping and no sales tax.

I ordered the watch as soon as I got home and saved $203.50 by just doing a little basic research and not being a implusive buyer.

They state in the Jewelry store that they have a price match policy, but it does not apply to online purchases. It has to be a advertized retail store.

So if you think that you are getting a deal by buying on the ship, just do a little homework. I think the only real deal on board is booze.

Adam

Ziggypup@aol.com

Thanks for the heads up. I will definitely keep it in mind. I usually look before I leap meaning I will research but being in a cruise, I may not think to do that

I did confirm my watch died. I tried changing the battery and it didn't work. I will see what they have. Thanks again everyone.

they are ten dollars and worth exactly $2.50. seriously., cheap plastic watches good for the ten year old in your life who needs a stocking stuffer.

no way would I buy one of the 'real' watches at the prices listed. I bought a watch for my DH locally and the exact same one was a good $200 more on board.

I am a watch guy in training(starting to buy more expensive ones). We just got off Grandeur last week, and they do have some nice one. But the prices are ok, the "sales off" do go up as the week nears the end. I would go the 2nd day and price them. When you get to Bermuda find WiFi and look them up.

they are ten dollars and worth exactly $2.50. seriously., cheap plastic watches good for the ten year old in your life who needs a stocking stuffer.

no way would I buy one of the 'real' watches at the prices listed. I bought a watch for my DH locally and the exact same one was a good $200 more on board.

...and the $19.99 watches that they claim are worth $129 are worth about $5. DH bought one; it stopped working after about 6 months so he took it to our local jeweler thinking it just needed a battery. They confirmed 1) it didn't need a battery and was irreparable 2) it was junk

Don't get me wrong, we've bought Fossil and Skagen watches onboard as well...at a small discount and saved tax.

Archived