Land Discoveries email from Azamara

riandei

I answered all of you who wrote to me.

Given Azamara's precarious financial condition (or so it seems), I wonder if folks stop taking their excursions ( which are a big profit center), Azamara will be in even further financial trouble.

I would think Azamara would want to promote the money making aspect of the land tours and make it easy for the pax. Last year, if we booked excursions before we sailed, they were 50% off. Needless to say, that was how we did most of our touring. Since it was our very first cruise, we really had no idea what to do. It was a last minute booking with very little time to prepare.

Thank you, Laraine. :D

I would think Azamara would want to promote the money making aspect of the land tours and make it easy for the pax. Last year, if we booked excursions before we sailed, they were 50% off. Needless to say, that was how we did most of our touring. Since it was our very first cruise, we really had no idea what to do. It was a last minute booking with very little time to prepare.

Thank you, Laraine. :D

Not sure they are making much $$ at 50% off.

For most cruise lines, alcohol and excursions are the biggest money makers

I believe alcohol is #1.

Azamara has eliminated huge profits from alcohol already.

Guess they need to make it up with Land Discoveries.

I have a huge database of fabulous private guides/tour operators and I am always happy to share

Sorry I'm late but I just booked my cruise yesterday.

Would you be so kind as to share any information on Baja, Mexico ports, El Salvador, Guatemala, Nicaragua and Costa Rica?

We are sailing on 2/18 from Los Angeles to Costa Rica on Quest. It is our first Azamara cruise.

My email is kelliepoodle@yahoo.com

Thanks.

Edited by Kellie Poodle

• 1 month later...

This is the exact wording from Azamara on their web site

Effective January 4, 2014, the current 25% savings on Land Discoveries will no longer be available. Guests already booked on a 2014 voyage, or those who book a voyage now through January 3, 2014 will still be eligible for the 25% savings as long as you book your Land Discoveries online at least 4 days prior to the voyage or prior to January 3, 2014, whichever date is earlier:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

This is the exact wording from Azamara on their web site

Effective January 4, 2014, the current 25% savings on Land Discoveries will no longer be available. Guests already booked on a 2014 voyage, or those who book a voyage now through January 3, 2014 will still be eligible for the 25% savings as long as you book your Land Discoveries online at least 4 days prior to the voyage or prior to January 3, 2014, whichever date is earlier:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I don't like it either....we're booking so far out, not sure if what I book will even be available (due to "lack of interest") when we sail. :rolleyes: Trying to plan private excursions and shore excursions is really a PITA!

Edited by midwestchick