Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

psygist

Live from Brilliance in the Med: Man overboard

I'm on the Brilliance on the last day of a 12 night Med cruise, returning to Barcelona tomorrow (Mon July 11). I've just read the other thread about the reports of the man presumed overboard and can report that the captain first informed us of this event on Thursday evening in his evening report from the bridge while we were in Kusadasi Turkey. He indicated that someone was reported missing and there had been a search by the Greek coast guard, but no one was found. He also indicated that the Turkish authorities were conducting an investigation.

The next evening, in his report, he indicated that there had indeed been "a tragic accident" and that the person had not been found. He expressed his condolences to the family and has made no further mention of the incident.

Rumors onboard ranged from the info reported in the US media already (honeymoon couple, groom missing, blood being found) to a murder-suicide, but we know little more than what has been reported.

I can tell you that it is not the bride from Massachusetts who has posted on our CC thread, as I saw them and they are enjoying themselves.

Otherwise, this has been an outstanding cruise on a wonderful ship. Beautiful weather, great crew, great ports of call.

Paul

Many of us are waiting for additional notes from the Brilliance 12 day MED. Especially since yours started and ended at Barcelona. The situation with this man, while unusual, is well covered...albeit all rumors. We want ship FACTS. Food, formal nights, etc.

Thanks in advance...