enchanted by turning 50!

Valmoisy

Okay, so I decided that I would like to be on a cruise when I turned 50 on 11/3/13 - no problem right?.

Although you might think this was an easy request, my family's life didn't exactly fall into line with my wishes! Hubby doesn't deal well with short vacations and the travel it requires. Son just got married this past August and daughter-in-law works in the school system so she can't get away. Daughter is a college freshman so classes interfered with many cruise options.

I researched available sailings and found that the Enchantment of the Seas had a weekend cruise during my birthday that would allow Samantha to travel without missing too many classes. I brought it up with her and she was all about it!! Trying to save money I reserved an ocean view room on deck 3 and began planning our trip.

After reserving our room the prices dropped a bit and I decided that I should upgrade to a balcony room since it was my 50th birthday. The prices dropped even further and hubby decided to upgrade us to a grand suite since it was my 50th birthday. A couple of weeks before sailing an aft royal family suite became available and hubby upgraded us to that!!! Holy balcony!!!

We're sailing on Friday and Samantha doesn't know that we're in a royal family suite so it will be a great surprise for her!

Our plans are to do a dolphin encounter at Atlantis on Saturday and book a cabana and do the jet ski tour on Sunday. I've also booked a massage for Sam when we embark on Friday.

I'm looking forward to posting a review of our trip and I'm happy to check out anything you would like during our cruise, just let me know.

Okay, so I decided that I would like to be on a cruise when I turned 50 on 11/3/13 - no problem right?.

Although you might think this was an easy request, my family's life didn't exactly fall into line with my wishes! Hubby doesn't deal well with short vacations and the travel it requires. Son just got married this past August and daughter-in-law works in the school system so she can't get away. Daughter is a college freshman so classes interfered with many cruise options.

I researched available sailings and found that the Enchantment of the Seas had a weekend cruise during my birthday that would allow Samantha to travel without missing too many classes. I brought it up with her and she was all about it!! Trying to save money I reserved an ocean view room on deck 3 and began planning our trip.

After reserving our room the prices dropped a bit and I decided that I should upgrade to a balcony room since it was my 50th birthday. The prices dropped even further and hubby decided to upgrade us to a grand suite since it was my 50th birthday. A couple of weeks before sailing an aft royal family suite became available and hubby upgraded us to that!!! Holy balcony!!!

We're sailing on Friday and Samantha doesn't know that we're in a royal family suite so it will be a great surprise for her!

Our plans are to do a dolphin encounter at Atlantis on Saturday and book a cabana and do the jet ski tour on Sunday. I've also booked a massage for Sam when we embark on Friday.

I'm looking forward to posting a review of our trip and I'm happy to check out anything you would like during our cruise, just let me know.

Congrates on your birthday. Sounds like you are in for a great time. We will be going on this cruise in Feb. and I was wondering if the Nature Walk is something we could do on our own. RCI does offer a tour of this but we would rather do it ourselves. If you see anything about this on Coco Cay, let us know. Thanks and have a wonderful time.

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone!

I'm excited to be heading to florida today. I was up really late watching the baseball game last night but I still woke up ridiculously early this morning.

I'll check on the nature walk for you Roccomom and let you know.

Enjoy your birthday cruise! DH wanted the same thing for his 50th birthday so we are headed out on the Enchantment in December. He wants to spend his birthday on Coco Cay :D!

I have two things to ask of you - could you let me know how the temp on the ship runs? Sometimes the public areas are pretty cold to me! Also, if you go to any shows, could you let me know how early we should arrive to get a seat.

Thank you and looking forward to your review when you get back!

Wish I could have spent my 50th this year on a ship as well, but my life too got in the way. Work, 2 kids, ex husband, all that jazz. But we sailed a few months later at the end of the summer so it's all good.

I don't see too many short cruises in my future. With our custody situation, the boys are with me this Christmas and next Easter school break. I also have them last week of the summer so we sail then.

They are with their father Christmas 2014 (and it's too expensive and I can't always guarantee the time off from work), and Easter school break 2015. Maybe mom and I will try to get away then on a ship without a flowrider...the prerequisite for sailing with the boys!!

Have a wonderful birthday...RetNavy, you too!

We just took the weekend cruise on Enchantment and it was wonderful. We were in a balcony cabin, it was completely worth the bit extra it cost us.

I recommend bringing a light jacket or sweater with you for the interior areas of the ship as they can run cool. You can adjust the temperature in your stateroom to your preference.

CocoCay was amazing.

Archived