Azamara Onboard Booking Program - PASSAGES

Bill Leiber

Hello Azamara Followers in the UK -

I've noticed on two threads related to the Discontinuance of the 25% Land Discovery Savings discussions diverting to the topic about the lack of knowledge in the UK about the our Onboard Booking Program -"Passages."

A few months ago, I wrote an article about the program on our Destination Blog and decided that it would be worth reiterating the message again, especially for our valued guests in the UK:

Azamara's Onboard Booking Program - "PASSAGES"

Book Your Next Azamara Voyage onboard to receive up to $600 Per Stateroom Savings!

At Azamara we offer savings programs that provide you with the opportunity to receive more vacation for less money. We understand that it makes sense to be a smart and savvy shopper and keeping you informed about our savings programs is an important responsibility. From time-to-time, I'll be sharing details of these types of programs under the heading of "Azamatter of Fact - SAVVY SHOPPER'S USER GUIDES."

The first in this series, is a summary of our Onboard Booking Program, called Azamara's Passages program. It features tariff savings, reduced deposit benefits and flexibility for you to decide on the best time and itinerary that fits your schedule. It's offered on every published voyage* on both vessels and our Onboard Cruise Sales Manager is the one to see for more information and purchasing an Open Passage account.

Azamara Passages Program "At-A-Glance":

To provide you with incredible flexibility and exclusive benefits, there are TWO "Azamara Passages" categories:

#1 / Azamara "Open Passage" Savings - Ship, sail date or stateroom category is NOT required at time of initial 50% reduced deposit which is non-refundable but does not expire.

§ No additional deposits due until final payment.

§ The savings will be applied when booking details are finalized.

§ Includes two Azamara Passages Certificates for friends or family to sail on the same ship and voyage when booked within 30 days of selection of actual ship and sail date.

§ Up to three (3) Azamara Open Passage accounts may be purchased onboard during that specific voyage.

#2 / Azamara "Reserved Passage" Savings - Ship, sail date or stateroom category required at time of initial deposit.

§ The savings is applied within three (3) business days.

§ Includes two Azamara Passages Certificates for friends or family to sail on the same ship and voyage when booked within 30 days.

§ Up to three (3) Azamara Reserved Passage may be purchased onboard during that specific voyage.

Savings per stateroom depend on category and voyage length:

§ Voyages of 8 nights or less, you will receive a per stateroom savings based on category: $200 (Club Interior and Club Oceanview); $300 (Club Veranda); or $400 (Club Suite).

§ Voyages of 9 or more nights, you will receive a per stateroom savings based on category: $300 (Club Interior and Club Oceanview); $400 (Club Veranda); or $600 (Club Suite).

Deposit Amount at time of onboard booking depends on Category:

§ The Onboard Booking Deposit is 50% of the standard deposit for Club Interior, Club Oceanview, and Club Veranda: US$ 550 per person - reduced to US$ 275 per person for onboard bookings.

§ The Onboard Booking Deposit for Club Continent Suite is 50% of the standard deposit of US$ 1,100 per person - reduced to US$ 550 per person for onboard bookings.

§ The Onboard Booking Deposit is NOT reduced for Club Ocean and Club World Owner's Suites - Deposit is US$ 1,100 per person.

Simply, the Onboard Savings amount reduces the voyage fare and the Onboard Booking Deposit goes to the tariff payment.

(*) Other Program Details:

§ Passage savings is combinable with 2-for-1 pricing; with one (1) Onboard Credit (OBC) and no more than two (2) dollar-off savings (onboard booking and back-to-back offers. (Other restrictions may apply and the program is subject to change without prior notice.)

§ Program not available on cruises chartered by third parties or certain customized group programs.

§ The program is not redeemable for cash.

§ Both Reserved and Open Passages bookings will be communicated to the originating travel agent partner for servicing.

§ Program details herein apply to residents of US and Canada; however, the program is also available for residents of other countries. See the onboard Cruise Sales Manager for savings amounts and details.

§ If you were to have purchased an Azamara "Open" or "Reserved" Passage while you were on board Azamara, you would not be able to transfer your Azamara booking to Celebrity or Royal Caribbean.

§ While you're onboard Azamara, Celebrity or Royal Caribbean, you'll be able to book any one of the three brands; however, you'll need to contact the onboard sales consultant to do so since only the brand of the ship on which you're traveling is promoted.

Think of Azamara's PASSAGES Onboard Booking Program as a smart way to become a repeat Azamara Club Cruiser! The savings enhance the value proposition of Azamara's "more-inclusive" tariffs and the program's flexibility offers you the ability to select from a panoply of itinerary choices that deliver Azamara's specialty - Destination Immersion. That means more lasting enrichment from longer stays, more overnights, night touring and exclusive AzAmazing evenings on most voyages.

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Bill,

whilst I am sure you are trying to be helpful, I think you will find that as with their onboard sales program on Celebrity, Azamara has a different set of rules for Open Passage bookings in the UK. This is mainly around the amount of deposit we pay and also the collection of the full amount when you choose your cruise. Both of these differ to that you have written above.

I think it would be wise to double check this and get back to us please?

Bill,

whilst I am sure you are trying to be helpful, I think you will find that as with their onboard sales program on Celebrity, Azamara has a different set of rules for Open Passage bookings in the UK. This is mainly around the amount of deposit we pay and also the collection of the full amount when you choose your cruise. Both of these differ to that you have written above.

I think it would be wise to double check this and get back to us please?

Hello MZK90 -

Thank you for your valid suggestion. It was obtuse of me not to think globally. I'll seek out the UK amounts for the Azamara brand and report back to the UK community.

Sorry for any confusion that I might have created!

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC

Hello Azamara Followers in the UK -

I've noticed on two threads related to the Discontinuance of the 25% Land Discovery Savings discussions diverting to the topic about the lack of knowledge in the UK about the our Onboard Booking Program -"Passages."

A few months ago, I wrote an article about the program on our Destination Blog and decided that it would be worth reiterating the message again, especially for our valued guests in the UK:

Book Your Next Azamara Voyage onboard to receive up to $600 Per Stateroom Savings!

At Azamara we offer savings programs that provide you with the opportunity to receive more vacation for less money. We understand that it makes sense to be a smart and savvy shopper and keeping you informed about our savings programs is an important responsibility. From time-to-time, I'll be sharing details of these types of programs under the heading of "Azamatter of Fact - SAVVY SHOPPER'S USER GUIDES."

The first in this series, is a summary of our Onboard Booking Program, called Azamara's Passages program. It features tariff savings, reduced deposit benefits and flexibility for you to decide on the best time and itinerary that fits your schedule. It's offered on every published voyage* on both vessels and our Onboard Cruise Sales Manager is the one to see for more information and purchasing an Open Passage account.

To provide you with incredible flexibility and exclusive benefits, there are TWO "Azamara Passages" categories:

#1 / Azamara "Open Passage" Savings - Ship, sail date or stateroom category is NOT required at time of initial 50% reduced deposit which is non-refundable but does not expire.

§ The savings will be applied when booking details are finalized.[/SIZE]

§ Includes two Azamara Passages Certificates for friends or family to sail on the same ship and voyage when booked within 30 days of selection of actual ship and sail date.

§ Up to three (3) Azamara Open Passage accounts may be purchased onboard during that specific voyage.

#2 / Azamara "Reserved Passage" Savings - Ship, sail date or stateroom category required at time of initial deposit.

§ The savings is applied within three (3) business days.

§ Includes two Azamara Passages Certificates for friends or family to sail on the same ship and voyage when booked within 30 days.

§ Up to three (3) Azamara Reserved Passage may be purchased onboard during that specific voyage.

§ Voyages of 8 nights or less, you will receive a per stateroom savings based on category: $200 (Club Interior and Club Oceanview); $300 (Club Veranda); or $400 (Club Suite).

§ Voyages of 9 or more nights, you will receive a per stateroom savings based on category: $300 (Club Interior and Club Oceanview); $400 (Club Veranda); or $600 (Club Suite).

Deposit Amount at time of onboard booking depends on Category:

§ The Onboard Booking Deposit is 50% of the standard deposit for Club Interior, Club Oceanview, and Club Veranda: US$ 550 per person - reduced to US$ 275 per person for onboard bookings.

§ The Onboard Booking Deposit for Club Continent Suite is 50% of the standard deposit of US$ 1,100 per person - reduced to US$ 550 per person for onboard bookings.

§ The Onboard Booking Deposit is NOT reduced for Club Ocean and Club World Owner's Suites - Deposit is US$ 1,100 per person.

Simply, the Onboard Savings amount reduces the voyage fare and the Onboard Booking Deposit goes to the tariff payment.

§ Passage savings is combinable with 2-for-1 pricing; with one (1) Onboard Credit (OBC) and no more than two (2) dollar-off savings (onboard booking and back-to-back offers. (Other restrictions may apply and the program is subject to change without prior notice.)

§ Program not available on cruises chartered by third parties or certain customized group programs.

§ The program is not redeemable for cash.

§ Both Reserved and Open Passages bookings will be communicated to the originating travel agent partner for servicing.

§ Program details herein apply to residents of US and Canada; however, the program is also available for residents of other countries. See the onboard Cruise Sales Manager for savings amounts and details.

§ If you were to have purchased an Azamara "Open" or "Reserved" Passage while you were on board Azamara, you would not be able to transfer your Azamara booking to Celebrity or Royal Caribbean.

§ While you're onboard Azamara, Celebrity or Royal Caribbean, you'll be able to book any one of the three brands; however, you'll need to contact the onboard sales consultant to do so since only the brand of the ship on which you're traveling is promoted.

Think of Azamara's PASSAGES Onboard Booking Program as a smart way to become a repeat Azamara Club Cruiser! The savings enhance the value proposition of Azamara's "more-inclusive" tariffs and the program's flexibility offers you the ability to select from a panoply of itinerary choices that deliver Azamara's specialty - Destination Immersion. That means more lasting enrichment from longer stays, more overnights, night touring and exclusive AzAmazing evenings on most voyages.

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Oh Bill.....I really appreciate you are trying to be helpful but what a can of worms you have now opened! Indeed the terms and conditions of Open Passages seem clear in the document above.....however you will find that they do NOT apply to the UK at all, or so we are told. I have been discussing this very issue with Azamara UK for 9 days and I am assured by a Senior Manager that indeed we in the UK do not get these advantages and they apply only to US passengers.

For example....you say that once you have paid your initial deposit onboard that no further deposits are required until final payment.....NOT so in the UK. We are required to pay a further £75 deposit on booking the cruise when you get home....I don't have a problem with this at all.....but it was not what is stated at purchase, or in your document or from some advisors at Azamara UK. Some say Yes, some say No.

As to the discounts being applied once your booking is finalised....I would be laughing if I weren't so angry.:mad: Our cruise booking was finalised almost two weeks ago and I still don't have an Invoice as to what the final payment will be....and of course, we still can't access My Azamara online to see what payments are due. Both myself and my wonderful T/A have spent hours emailing and on the phone to no avail. We have used Open Passage Certificates before....and believe me I do understand the terms and conditions of use.

I just wish someone at Azamara UK did.

I am now about to copy and paste your Blog entry to the Senior Manager at Azamara who seems to think that I have invented the conditions you refer to in your document.

I do appreciate the help you are trying to provide Bill.....but both myself and Hazel are thoroughly fed up with this issue now and it is spoiling the joyful anticipation of what we know will be another superb Quest cruise next June.

Oh Bill.....I really appreciate you are trying to be helpful but what a can of worms you have now opened! Indeed the terms and conditions of Open Passages seem clear in the document above.....however you will find that they do NOT apply to the UK at all, or so we are told. I have been discussing this very issue with Azamara UK for 9 days and I am assured by a Senior Manager that indeed we in the UK do not get these advantages and they apply only to US passengers.

For example....you say that once you have paid your initial deposit onboard that no further deposits are required until final payment.....NOT so in the UK. We are required to pay a further £75 deposit on booking the cruise when you get home....I don't have a problem with this at all.....but it was not what is stated at purchase, or in your document or from some advisors at Azamara UK. Some say Yes, some say No.

As to the discounts being applied once your booking is finalised....I would be laughing if I weren't so angry.:mad: Our cruise booking was finalised almost two weeks ago and I still don't have an Invoice as to what the final payment will be....and of course, we still can't access My Azamara online to see what payments are due. Both myself and my wonderful T/A have spent hours emailing and on the phone to no avail. We have used Open Passage Certificates before....and believe me I do understand the terms and conditions of use.

I just wish someone at Azamara UK did.

I am now about to copy and paste your Blog entry to the Senior Manager at Azamara who seems to think that I have invented the conditions you refer to in your document.

I do appreciate the help you are trying to provide Bill.....but both myself and Hazel are thoroughly fed up with this issue now and it is spoiling the joyful anticipation of what we know will be another superb Quest cruise next June.

Hello LottieA, Hazel and other UK readers -

As I stated to MZK90, I made a mistake in my judgment in not remembering that there were different rules of engagement in our markets. I'm seeking the correct terms and conditions from the UK staff and corporate onboard sales manager so that I can add the correct UK market information.

In the interim, I apologize for my error and hope that you'll recognize that you witnessed a stupid mistake by me.

Sincerely,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC

Wouldn't it be lovely if life could be simpler and we had global terms for products such as Passages!

Maybe Santa could note that request from Azamara lovers..............oh and a fully functioning website please Santa, I have been a good girl honest

Edited by uktog

Bill, I don't blame you at all....and in fact, you are not alone in quoting these T&C'S as being relevant to Azamara UK guests. Staff at Azamara HQ do so as well. Hence the problems. Your Blog post is also on the UK website.

Clarification would be very welcomed and perhaps you may get a quicker response than I did! :rolleyes:

UKtog....I have asked Santa for a fully functioning Azamara UK website too.....but I have been a VERY BAD girl this year so I don't hold out much hope! :D

I hope you are able to access your reservation before you leave for your cruise and I'm sure you will have a wonderful time onboard.

Bon Voyage.

Bill,

You are a wonderful advocate for Azamara and they are very fortunate to have you, but nothing you can say will ameliorate the situation my wonderful cruise buddy, Lottie A and I have experienced since we booked our June 2014 Quest cruise,

To say Azamara UK are woeful is putting it kindly. As far as I am concerned they now have to go a long way to regain my trust and loyalty. Their lack of product knowledge is shocking.

I was on the verge of booking the Coastal California voyage in early 2014 with my Open Passage certificate but after all this kerfuffle there is no way I am going through the stress again and we have decided to take a land vacation to this region instead.

It makes me very sad to say this but I am at the point of thinking that the superlative on board experience no longer compensates for the aggro we have to go through before we get on the ship.

Ann (UKtog) I can confirm that Lottie A has been a very very bad girl indeed. Fortunately though she has some redeeming features. LOL

I hope you and your DH have a wonderful cruise on Journey.

Hazel

MZK90, if you read back through both Hazel and my posts over the several years we have been cruising with Azamara you will see that perhaps we may be regarded as some of their strongest supporters. I have to say that I resent the tone of your above post. Anyone who knows us will probably say that we are lively, "glass half full" people who do not commonly whinge or moan about minor issues.

We absolutely love the onboard experience and have become friends with many onboard crew.....we have also supported the staff at Addlestone and very much regretted the loss of experienced and dedicated staff and the seemingly ludicrous decision to move the Call Centre to Guatemala.

But.....here comes the "however"......not only have we received appalling service from Azamara UK in the last two weeks but I have had the most patronising emails from a Senior Manager .......who perhaps coincidentally has the same initials as yourself......strange coincidence but I'm sure that is what it is.....and both myself and my T/A have spent hours on the phone and been pushed from one call centre person to another.....all of whom have given me contradictory advice. I was also promised a call back last Tuesday afternoon and waited in for hours.....needless to say....no-one called me back. We had no answers for 9 days.....this is NOT acceptable customer service to very loyal and prolific Azamara cruisers. My comment that a Guatemalan Call Centre could not possibly do a worse job seems very valid in our situation. No one is having a "pop" at the Call Centre staff....indeed we are sad to have lost such efficient and pleasant people like Lesley and Matt for example. This is a forum to discuss Azamara and that is what we are doing. Your comment about free speech seems appropriate as that is what thankfully, we do have in the UK.

Happily, it seems that a member of the onboard crew got involved a few days ago.....and again, somewhat coincidentally, just that day, I received an answer.

I have received another email from the Senior Manager today.....which acknowledges the mistakes that Azamara UK have made and tells me that they will make the T&C'S of Open Passages in the UK, as opposed to the US, far more transparent. They also promise to sort out our Invoice and send the correct one to our travel agent......apparently they forgot to do it two weeks ago! :rolleyes:

In conclusion.....and I'm hoping the matter is now concluded.....I'm looking forward to a Silversea cruise soon and my next Azamara cruise in June, but like Hazel, I will certainly be considering other cruise options for the interim. That makes me very sad, as I do love Quest and her marvellous crew so much.

And Bill, I know the manager concerned has told me that he will be contacting you.....so please remember it is Azamara UK's misinformation and lack of understanding about their own products that have caused this situation.....and nothing that you have done! We very much appreciate your input and help on this forum and have nothing but respect for you. :)

Book Your Next Azamara Voyage onboard to receive up to £400 Per Stateroom Savings!

At Azamara we offer savings programs that provide you with the opportunity to receive more vacation for less money. We understand that it makes sense to be a smart and savvy shopper and keeping you informed about our savings programs is an important responsibility. From time-to-time, I'll be sharing details of these types of programs under the heading of "AzaMatter of Fact - SAVVY SHOPPER'S USER GUIDES."

§Full deposits for all guests will be due at the time you choose your ship and sail date (Standard deposit amounts are as per the terms and conditions for UK and ROI)

§The savings will be applied within 1 week of the ship and sail date being confirmed

§Includes two Azamara Passages Certificates for friends or family to sail on the same ship and voyage when booked within 30 days of selection of actual ship and sail date.

§Up to three (3) Azamara Open Passage accounts may be purchased onboard during that specific voyage.

§Full deposits are required (Standard deposit amounts are as per the terms and conditions for UK and ROI).

§The savings is applied within 1 week.

§Includes two Azamara Passages Certificates for friends or family to sail on the same ship and voyage when booked within 30 days.

§Up to three (3) Azamara Reserved Passage may be purchased onboard during that specific voyage.

§Voyages of 8 nights or less, you will receive a per stateroom savings based on category: £150 (Club Interior and Club Oceanview); £200 (Club Veranda); or £300 (Club Suite).

§Voyages of 9 or more nights, you will receive a per stateroom savings based on category: £200 (Club Interior and Club Oceanview); £300 (Club Veranda); or £400 (Club Suite).

Simply, the Onboard Savings amount reduces the cruise fare and the Onboard Booking Deposit goes toward the total deposit payment.

§Passage savings may be combinable with other promotional campaign offers, but we advise you to check the terms and conditions of any offers you are looking at before booking. (Other restrictions may apply and the program is subject to change without prior notice.)

§Program not available on cruises chartered by third parties, interline and net rates or certain customised group programs.

§The program is not redeemable for cash.

§Both Reserved and Open Passages bookings will be communicated to the originating travel agent partner for servicing.

§Program details herein apply to residents of UK and ROI; however, the program is also available for residents of other countries. See the onboard Cruise Sales Manager for savings amounts and details.

§If you were to have purchased an Azamara "Open" or "Reserved" Passage while you were on board Azamara, you would not be able to transfer your Azamara booking to Celebrity or Royal Caribbean.

§While you're onboard Azamara, Celebrity or Royal Caribbean, you'll be able to book any one of the three brands; however, you'll need to contact the onboard sales consultant to do so since only the brand of the ship on which you're travelling is promoted.

Regards

Mark King

Manager, Guest Support Unit

Thank you Bill and Mr. Mark King for the eventually correct, clear and specific information about UK Open Passages certificates....not that difficult really, was it? Now we are looking forward to receiving our correct invoice.....hopefully before the next Millenium. And yes.....I have frequently been told I speak fluent sarcasm. :D

Now I'm going to be very tactful here.....smile ironically and hope the rest of you get the gist of what's been going on today behind the scenes at Azamara UK!!! ;):D:rolleyes:

.The savings enhance the value proposition of Azamara's "more-inclusive" tariffs and the program's flexibility offers you the ability to select from a panoply of itinerary choices that deliver Azamara's specialty - Destination Immersion. That means more lasting enrichment from longer stays, more overnights, night touring and exclusive AzAmazing evenings on most voyages. Unquote

Unfortunately, when I look at 2014 and 2015 I don't see much evidence of longer stays, more overnights and night touring. There appears to be lots of 7night cruises going to the same places that the big ships use. For this reason we have booked our next cruise with Oceania and are about to book with them for July as well.

lol as we have said, free speech and all that.

As to conspiracy theories, perhaps you can tell me who shot JFK? Then we can run a little poll to see what my middle initial might be:

Zebediah?

Zachary?

Zebedee?

As to Azamara losing staff I thought when this all kicked off the info posted on here was that this was for 2014, so have they lost staff already then?

I'm confused, both by Azamara policies and by some of the posts, so maybe some posts have disappeared?

As for Azamara UK, I now find it easier and far less stressful to read the posts and reviews to find out what is included and make last minute bookings if the price is right.

If not there's a host of other companies doing their very best to improve their product, so the customer is on to a winner.