3227 is skipping Newport R.I.....

Out2See

The weather in NYC has cleared up and the rain stopped.

Does anyone know when Symphony will arrive today [Friday] and to which Pier?

Is it still Manhattan, or will it be Brooklyn?

There are two other cruise ships at Manhattan pier that came in this morning.

Thank you, Mark.

Marine Traffic tracker estimates arrival in New York at 3:30PM+/-. Don't know if that is the ETA at the pier or ETA at the pilot's station. Current position is slighly southeast of Islip, Long Island traveling at 14.6 knots.

We are not due to be in Savannah until Nov 7!! Can one provide source such as website or the like rather than word of mouth.

NYC will have lots of rain and wind. Hold you hair down.

Kate

I think you'll all be OK in NYC. I live here and it's only supposed to rain today (Nov 1), the rest of the weekend is supposed to be sunny. Sat 67, but Sunday a little cooler. No rain!!

Have fun in NY!

Janis

Right now as of 12 noon. It is calm. Warm. Wind advisories have expired for NYC area, including NYC. There will be scattered rain.

Leaves are all over the ground creating a very slippery mess. Some downed trees. Driving is slippery with wet leaves in suburbs.

I will watch the 12 noon local news and report back if there are major changes.

Kate

Keeping my fingers crossed ya'll make it to Savannah as scheduled. I know the Savannah stop was a 'deal breaker' for many when booking this voyage (us too, at one time!). At one point, I believe both Savannah and Charleston were removed from the itinerary (and replaced with Jacksonville), much to the disappointment of many. Awhile later, Charleston and Savannah suddenly reappeared. Drama, drama, drama!

I remember on 0226 (NY to LA) there was a down right campaign here on the Crystal board to get the Acapulco stop eliminated because of security concerns. The stop remained on the itinerary right up to departure date, and only mid-way through the voyage was finally dropped.

Here's to a wonderful day in Savannah for all of you. ;)

It's a solid 2 hour drive. Then you have to add time to pick up and return the car, add another hour.

Oops, You're right, mapquest says 2 hr 12 min. My brother was stationed in Charleston in the Navy in the 60's and I remember the trip being shorter

Now says 7:30 pm....so I look forward to seeing the ship from our terrace sail up the Hudson. Ship will dock in Manhattan between 48th and 50th Street. Getting excited!

Jim, are you sure? It looks to me like 7:30 UTC, not Eastern time. I can also see the Hudson from my window at the Jane; from Marine Traffic the Symphony appears to be off Breezy point at just over 10 kt. I suspect it will dock where the Splendor is now.

Roy

Edited by rafinmd
Speed typo 10 kt not 20

I also heard that Savannah booked a couple of freighters and cancelled Crystal so you may have more time in beautiful downtown Charleston!

I checked with someone from Crystal about this.

While it is true that this port always give priority to cargo ships over passenger ships Crystal does have confirmation for the stop at this port and they are planing to go there on this voyage.

Keith

I checked with someone from Crystal about this.

While it is true that this port always give priority to cargo ships over passenger ships Crystal does have confirmation for the stop at this port and they are planing to go there on this voyage.

Keith

Thank you for confirming this! Savannah, here we come.

Kate

Edited by Summer Time

Watched the Symphony sail in on the New York Web cam. It was awesome when you could see the Symphony and the Statue of Liberty in one shot. Loved when they just kind of hovered waiting for the Carnival ship to pass.

Have a fabulous time in Savannah. So much history and so easy to walk around the squares. Wonderful city.

If we still lived there, we would be there to meet you.

Janis, I'm pretty sure it would not be possible to do this tomorrow. There are some circumstances where visitors are allowed (like guests of people on the cruise) but it takes something like 3 weeks advance notice. I think it might also be possible for your TA to arrange a visit for you, but not on such short notice. Your TA might be able to arrange it on Crystal's next visit, but you should ask well in advance.

Roy

Janis, I'm pretty sure it would not be possible to do this tomorrow. There are some circumstances where visitors are allowed (like guests of people on the cruise) but it takes something like 3 weeks advance notice. I think it might also be possible for your TA to arrange a visit for you, but not on such short notice. Your TA might be able to arrange it on Crystal's next visit, but you should ask well in advance.

Roy

Oh well. Maybe next time. Thanks Roy. Have a wonderful cruise.

Janis