Your FAVORITE food item on an NCL ship

jp2001

I would like to know what is your FAVORITE food item on an NCL cruise. It's fun to know and might help me decide what to have at each of the venues.

Please keep it as a simple list and you are not limited to only one selection, but MAX one selection for each of those categories.

Main DR appetizer

Main DR main dish

Main DR dessert

Specialty Restaurant appetizer

Specialty Restaurant main dish

Specialty Restaurant dessert

Buffet main dish

Buffet side item

Buffet dessert

Other - main dish

Other - side item

Other - dessert

Bar - beer

Bar - cocktail

Bar - wine

Thanks!!!

I'm sorry, but how does what I like...in any way, shape, or form...affect what YOU will/will not like?

I'm sure that if you took each and every menu item SOMEBODY would say that it is their favorite.

Just eat what appeals to YOU.

Of course I have my personnal taste but If an item is listed a few times it might be nice to try even if it is different of what I would usually chose or it might help decide between two dishes appealing to me.

I'm just having fun here dreaming about my cruise. If you don't feel like sharing your favorite food items; no problem, we live in free countries :)

I would like to know what is your FAVORITE food item on an NCL cruise. It's fun to know and might help me decide what to have at each of the venues.

Please keep it as a simple list and you are not limited to only one selection, but MAX one selection for each of those categories.

Main DR appetizer

Main DR main dish

Main DR dessert

Buffet main dish

Buffet side item

Buffet dessert

Other - main dish

Other - side item

Other - dessert

Bar - beer

Bar - cocktail

Bar - wine

Thanks!!!

MDR Entrée - Salmon or Fried Cod

MDR Dessert - Tira Misu Cake

SR Appetizer - Le Bistro Cream of Mushroom soup, almost as good as my mamas

SR Main dish - Lobster at Tepenyaki - cooked in butter no soy sauce. So yummy.

SR Dessert - Le Bistro - Vanilla Crème Brulee

Other - Pretzel rolls, chocolate croissants

I eat breakfast and lunch in the Suite venue and my faves are: Eggs benedict, crab benedict for breakfast and I loved the salad with hears of palm at lunch. I had it almost every day! I also enjoyed the kosher chicken.

Also, great memories and great food at Chef's Table and Moderno.

Main DR appetizer

Main DR main dish

Main DR dessert

Buffet main dish

Buffet side item

Buffet dessert

Other - main dish

Other - side item

Other - dessert

Bar - beer

Bar - cocktail

Bar - wine

Thanks!!!

If theres ONE thing that I look forward to on my cruise.. and its going to sound silly.. is the Meusli at the breakfast buffet. Ive tried to make it at home, and its just not the same.

There was a dessert on the Pride that Ive never seen again that we always look for. It was called a chocolate mousse dome. It was moussey inside with a chocolate coating outside. Soooo good! I hope it turns up again someday..

Thanks for posting this question. We leave on 11/24 for our cruise on Jewel.

It has been a few years since we have cruised NCL so I'll have to keep an eye out for some of these things.

It doesn't matter what people like...it is no different than a restaurant review...you read it and place in your mind that maybe you should try it if it catches your eye...or tastebuds. :)

Before my first NCL cruise I'd heard nothing but raves about the lobster ravioli in La Cucina. I was so excited to try it. I was very let down! lol

But the escargot in La Bistro lived up to the hype. And I loved the Lamb that was in Cagney's (not sure if it's still on the new menu)

It's been a few years since we cruised NCL. We cruised on the Star.

But we loved the pretzel rolls and hand scooped ice cream bar. Oh and I remember my kids loving the PB&J sandwiches. Not sure why they were special but they loved them. We are simple people. Lol.

MDR Entrée - Salmon or Fried Cod

MDR Dessert - Tira Misu Cake

SR Appetizer - Le Bistro Cream of Mushroom soup, almost as good as my mamas

SR Main dish - Lobster at Tepenyaki - cooked in butter no soy sauce. So yummy.

SR Dessert - Le Bistro - Vanilla Crème Brulee

Other - Pretzel rolls, chocolate croissants

I eat breakfast and lunch in the Suite venue and my faves are: Eggs benedict, crab benedict for breakfast and I loved the salad with hears of palm at lunch. I had it almost every day! I also enjoyed the kosher chicken.

Oh wow!!! I had totally forgotten about the chocolate croissants!! Thanks for the reminder :D. I can't wait!!!

Pretzel rolls -- morning, noon and night! -- from the buffet!!!

Same here...I'm addicted to those things!

I also love the chocolate chip cookies!

But this time around I lost 35 lbs so I'm leaving the rolls and cookies for everyone else. ;)

I'm going to try to find some new favs.

MDR - I don't eat in MDR except for breakfast, which I go to just for the smoked salmon and spinach eggs benedict. Wow. It's my favorite food of any kind in any venue on NCL. Great spinach and salmon on English muffin with perfectly cooked poached eggs and well-balanced Hollandaise that does not feel thick or gloppy and not too rich. Always hot, always perfectly executed and, unlike MDR lunch and dinners, you don't have to wait 30 minutes for it.

SR appy (side?) - Cagney fries

Entree - any sushi from the sushi bar - it is excellent

SR dessert - any brulee anywhere on the ship.

Buffet - prime rib

Great thread!

Pretzel Rolls! You should really try them. The chocolate chip cookies are really good too. Note, you may want to take some zip lock bags with you. That way you can get some of these items to take back to your cabin for later. Also, they come in handy for the cholocate buffet. Remember these two items are a hot item so make sure you look for them fast!

Unfortunately, no Cagney's food for breakfast and lunch for me this time... after treating my parents and myself to a 2 bedroom suite last time we cruised, I am back to travelling solo in an Inside... I don't mind the cabin very much but I'll miss Cagneys ;)

Excellent question to ask! I love to hear other's suggestions about what they love and I like to try new foods when I have the opportunity. I have included a few of my favorites...

If you have your breakfast in Cagney's (V.I.P. or suite guests) the chocolate croissants. Others are saying they are on the buffet as well.

Escargot as an appetizer at La Bistro.

Hummus and pita bread slices at lunch in the Garden Café. I love, love, love the hummus. There isn't anything fancy about it. It is just simple, delicious and yummy!

Chilled soup of any flavor if you can find it, anywhere!!!

The German foods (served on a couple of past cruises 2010/2011) in The Great Outdoors on the Pearl. I don't know if they are still continuing this feature but it was once during the week at lunch and into the afternoon. It was not promoted in the daily, but there were a few signs posted on the day they had this delicious food being offered.

Crème Brule (CHOCOLATE BOTTOMED!) waiting in my suite upon our return from a fun-filled evening. Somehow, someone from NCL figures out how much I love it and has it sent for me.;) No matter how full I am I find a way to eat most of it before going to bed.

Mojitos with lots of mint are a favorite drink as well as the Green Apple Martinis. (Can't leave out the beverages!)

Main DR appetizer - Tempura fried mushrooms

Main DR main dish - Grilled Pork Chop

Main DR dessert - Lemon Sorbet

Specialty Restaurant appetizer - Brazilian Cheese Balls (Moderno)

Buffet main dish - BBQ Chicken when grilled by pool

Buffet side item - Chilled Fruit Soups

Buffet dessert

Other - main dish - Fish & Chips (Blue Lagoon)

Other - side item

Other - dessert - Chocolate Brownie Sundae (Blue Lagoon)

Bar - beer

Bar - cocktail

Bar - wine

Thanks!!!

I hate to say it but I had a hard time coming up with things to put on your list.

Edited by Warm Breezes