Port Explorer Guides

t60

I hope this is the right place to ask. Has any got a copy of the Port Explorer guides for the following ports they could make me a copy from please

Valparaiso,

Santiago,

Puerto Montt,

Chilean Fjords,

Punta Arenas

Ushuaia

Cape Horn

Puerto Madryn

Montevideo

Buenos Aires

or is there a web link from which I can take a copy?(can´t find one at the moment)

Also has anyone ever flown with LAN, what were they like?

Sandy in Spain

I hope this is the right place to ask. Has any got a copy of the Port Explorer guides for the following ports they could make me a copy from please

Valparaiso,

Santiago,

Puerto Montt,

Chilean Fjords,

Punta Arenas

Ushuaia

Cape Horn

Puerto Madryn

Montevideo

Buenos Aires

or is there a web link from which I can take a copy?(can´t find one at the moment)

Also has anyone ever flown with LAN, what were they like?

Sandy in Spain

Don't have the port guides but we were very pleased with our LAN flights on our South America/Anartica cruise last January.

This is a great cruise.

I no longer have my paperwork from those ports, but I have been there several times, and would be happy to try to answer some questions. Please post, and I will do my best. I know others have been there, too, so there is good information available on this board.

You could also ask on the ports of call board. I don't normally go to the ports boards, so don't know how much help they can be to you, but it's worth a try.

Last January I booked JFK to Santiago on American Airlines, and flew on LAN metal. I had a hard time checking in, as they couldn't find my reservation. :eek: Seems I was supposed to check in at American, but that's not the usual practice, so I didn't know.

The check-in agent was very nice, patient, kept calm, and did all the work of getting it straightened out.

The flight was uneventful, and as comfortable as that long flight in coach could be. :rolleyes: The flight attendants were helpful getting my carry-on in the overhead compartment, which is something the American attendants on the return flight didn't do.

We don't have Hal's port guides, suggest you try port under South America

also try WikiPorts site They have maps and info. Using Lan, We loved it. The service, seating was good. Don't forget to try INKA cola regular and light, Don't be put off by the yellow colour.

snip... Don't forget to try INKA cola regular and light, Don't be put off by the yellow colour.

Sounds horrible, but DH will probably love it.

Our flights are supposed to be with BA code share with Iberia(which don´t have a particulary good reputation for long haul) but when I checked the flights it looks like a LAN flight, good to hear about your experiences.

Sorry about not having Port guides, I have kept mine from a previous S American cruise, and have links for other cruise lines, just couldn´t find any for HAL.

I am an avid checker of the Sth America board as our roll call is not very active. Thank you RuthC for the offer of more help and information

Sandy in Spain

Highlighted is a link to the Roll Call from our January 2013 South America/Antarctica cruise. This was a huge Roll Call so you will have to sort through all the impertinent post but includes a lot of research, planning and private excursions we booked.

In planning for future cruises we always research previous Roll Calls of similar itineraries.

Hope this helps.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1522729

I have found the HAL port guides fairly useless recently, especially the maps, if that's what you're looking for. CC has very good port guides - without maps, but good information. I've printed out all of theirs for our next cruise.

Archived