When do they open reservation booking for dinners etc

Tiggertastic

We have some cruises booked for next year - June and December

I want to book some dinner reservations and spa reservations and it does not work at present

Can anyone advise how many months prior to sailing should I be able to make bookings. I don't remember having to wait before

thanks

I have a cruise booked on Equinox next November. I just booked our "select" dining reservations for each night and they are also taking reservations for all the specialty restaurants. Not sure about all ships, but I was really surprised this one is taking all reservations so early. Shore excursions are open for booking as well.

I've been seeing that for several days. Was told it was due to some issue they had this past weekend and are still working out.:p

[QE=Tiggertastic;40521887]thanks - it must be a technical hitch as I am getting 'under maintenance'

Will give it a couple of days

Do you need to be paid in full to book excursions, dining, etc.?

No! I booked our select dining times,excursions and also specialty restaurants three months before I paid in full, and they are still their. You should get an email confirming your select dining and the rest you pay on your credit card.

Jan

There is no set date when reservations open. They have, on occasion, been available well over a year in advance - if memory serves me right up to 18 months once. On some cruises it has been less than 6 months in advance. For our cruises, I just check frequently from the date we book the cruise.

For the cruise on Infinity immediately post-dry-dock, reservations for the SS United States were available early but those for Qsine were not available until about 3 months pre-cruise.

I believe that it is a manual process because, once or twice, I have become impatient with how late it is and have emailed Miami about it. By "magic", reservations then open. [incidentally, indicate that you are looking to spend money in an email to Miami always appears to receive a response and they reply to let you know when hotels, excursions, etc will be available!]

The thing to understand is that they only pre-sell one reservation for each time slot. I have experiemented with this. There also never seems to be a 7:30 slot available online in the "Murano-type" restaurant on M-class ships.

Sue

Archived