• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

New to site..have a question

Pbk669

My family and I just booked out first cruise! Very excited!!

I am the only smoker of my family so I had couple questions. Is it ok to bring cigarettes and a lighter with my in my luggage?

Also, If i run out I read couple places on this website that you can buy them on board and take them with you. However, after looking at Royal Caribbean website, it seems you cannot. Here it the URL I am referring to.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqSubjectName=Onboard+Policies&faqId=5709&faqSubjectId=333&faqType=faq

I should probably note we are taking our first cruise on the Serenade of the Seas. Any help very much appreciated. I also have electronic cigarettes but I am not sure I want to mess with all that. Any experience with this? I usually smoke electronic cigarette during the week and weekend however if I go out with friends to bars or something along those lines I just buy a pack of cigarettes. Any help greatly appreciated!

Yes, you can bring cigarettes and a lighter (no torch lighters)

You can purchase cigarettes on board and smoke them. I guess technically that are not for on board consumption but I've never had a problem.

Here is a list of prohibited items:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqSubjectName=Before+You+Leave&faqId=2608&faqSubjectId=330&faqType=faq

Royal caribbean has a no smoking policy now. You can not smoke even if you have booked a cabin with a balcony .

You can still get fined. You should call them directly and ask them before relying on outside advice. I would hate to see you get

An add on expense because of your smoking. That would make for a sad on expense. Ps think of it as helping you to quite

Good luck

Royal caribbean has a no smoking policy now. You can not smoke even if you have booked a cabin with a balcony .

You can still get fined. You should call them directly and ask them before relying on outside advice. I would hate to see you get

An add on expense because of your smoking. That would make for a sad on expense. Ps think of it as helping you to quite

Good luck

It's not no smoking period. It's now no smoking on the balconies or in the rooms. There are many smoking areas on the ship.

Good luck

Seriously?

Congratulations on successfully posting for the very first time! I wish I had

known about Cruise Critic early in our cruising "addiction." I still learn something

almost every day, and we are very well-seasoned cruisers.

When you have a question, just post it, and someone usually answers it

quickly. Occasionally, an ugly poster posts a mean reply, but ignore them, and

be thankful for the lovely people who freely share their knowledge.

I have some information I have collected for new cruisers. If you want it, email

me, and I will send it to you: texascruzinlady@yahoo.com

Please put something in the subject line, so I'll know it isn't spam.

Happy cruising!

Cruzin Lady

Congratulations on successfully posting for the very first time! I wish I had

known about Cruise Critic early in our cruising "addiction." I still learn something

almost every day, and we are very well-seasoned cruisers.

When you have a question, just post it, and someone usually answers it

quickly. Occasionally, an ugly poster posts a mean reply, but ignore them, and

be thankful for the lovely people who freely share their knowledge.

I have some information I have collected for new cruisers. If you want it, email

me, and I will send it to you: texascruzinlady@yahoo.com

Please put something in the subject line, so I'll know it isn't spam.

Happy cruising!

Cruzin Lady

I'm not the OP but I'd love the info you've put together... do you mind?

to the OP - First time cruisers here, too! These forums have a wealth of information but they are addicting!!

Good luck

The new Smoking Policy goes into effect for all sailings departing on and after January 1, 2014.

Good luck

You can smoke on your balcony until Jan 1 2014 - then you must go to a designated area

You can buy a carton on board but as others have said selection is limited. If you are a Marlboro smoker you are gold. :)

Good luck

O good grief. Why do people post blatantly untrue things so often here?

As the poster after this one stated there are smoking areas on the ships. It is a little bit inconvenient, but you may smoke as much as you like within the rules of RCI at no added expense beyond the costs of smoking that you experience everyday.

jc

Good luck

As the others said that is simply NOT TRUE!!!:rolleyes:

Good luck

How about the next time you decide to "help" someone, you get your facts straight first?? And try proofreading before posting.

And how about you keep your opinions to yourself until you are asked for them?

How about the next time you decide to "help" someone, you get your facts straight first?? And try proofreading before posting.

And how about you keep your opinions to yourself until you are asked for them?

The opinion was asked.... And the best advice is to ask royal caribbean them selves....

The question was asked for help. LOL

"What is the Smoking Policy onboard - Royal Caribbean International Q: What is the Smoking Policy onboard? A: For the comfort and enjoyment of our guests, our ships are designated as non-smoking; however, we recognize that some of our guests smoke."

This is a quote from their web site. A good idea is to ask them directly. Hope this helps

"What is the Smoking Policy onboard - Royal Caribbean International Q: What is the Smoking Policy onboard? A: For the comfort and enjoyment of our guests, our ships are designated as non-smoking; however, we recognize that some of our guests smoke."

This is a quote from their web site. A good idea is to ask them directly. Hope this helps

A quote taken out of context. I hate when people do that.

Here's the full link that has the rest of that paragraph plus several more.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&faqId=3101&faqSubjectId=333

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

This is the full quote. Look up smoking on royal caribbean and that is what you will see. You may not like the quote. That is ok. But it is that whole quote

Just goes to show another reason not to smoke anything. It gets complicated

:)

Archived