Thomson Dream This Week

Hi all,

Just being curious as according to the brochure, there is no Thomson Dream sailing this week.

It sailed from Palma last Saturday on its usual 7 night cruise, and was back there this morning in it's usual spot. It has now moved a bit further out, although still docked, albeit in a different place.

Is it on a private charter this week? Or having some work done? before it sets out on it's 14 day voyage to Lisbon, from Palma next Saturday.

Baggers

Hi all,

Just being curious as according to the brochure, there is no Thomson Dream sailing this week.

It sailed from Palma last Saturday on its usual 7 night cruise, and was back there this morning in it's usual spot. It has now moved a bit further out, although still docked, albeit in a different place.

Is it on a private charter this week? Or having some work done? before it sets out on it's 14 day voyage to Lisbon, from Palma next Saturday.

Baggers

its in wet dock, for cleaning general matainance a bar stewardess told us last week and seen some pics on fbook of work being done to broadway lounge

Hi all, we came back from the dream yesterday. She is having a change over of entertainment team and a deep clean prior to the sail out from Palma next week and the transatlantic cruise to the Caribbean for the winter. Rachael
Hope you had a good holiday thomsonfirsttimer (though I see you are not:D:D:D) I have been reading some reviews that say there are cases of Noro on the Dream. Did you hear of any cases? I think a thorough deep clean is in order, to prepare it for the Caribbean.

So I presume this is the Dream in Palma Harbour?

http://www.mallorcatravel.com/mallorca_webcam/mallorca-webcam.htm

Yep, sure is. She was docked right at the front yesterday morning for disembarkation, but then moved back there later in the day!

Should be ever better after a spruce up! Only 20 days and counting!

Baggers

Hi folks.... No sign of norovirus... Usual precautionary measures for 24 hours at the start of the cruise with assisted food service but all pools, jacuzzis and library were in operation throughout. We had probs in May with much reduced food service, no table tennis and only jacuzzis, pool and library towards the end of the week but no such problems this time.

In addition, and on a separate topic, we stayed in a grand suite and DH took heaps of photos so when he transfers them from the camera we will post them as images to the site for interested folks.

Also Bram is coming off the dream before Christmas as his wife Angela is expecting so he will move to head office and another guy is arriving... Darren/David ? Bradshaw.... Also have a lovely ACD called Katie who arrived for handover with mark last week and some other new ents hosts but Martin who was on there in May... Lovely guy from Newcastle way ... is coming back on. Also have a new show team starting this week.

If you need any other news do let me know :D

Hi folks.... No sign of norovirus... Usual precautionary measures for 24 hours at the start of the cruise with assisted food service but all pools, jacuzzis and library were in operation throughout. We had probs in May with much reduced food service, no table tennis and only jacuzzis, pool and library towards the end of the week but no such problems this time.

In addition, and on a separate topic, we stayed in a grand suite and DH took heaps of photos so when he transfers them from the camera we will post them as images to the site for interested folks.

Also Bram is coming off the dream before Christmas as his wife Angela is expecting so he will move to head office and another guy is arriving... Darren/David ? Bradshaw.... Also have a lovely ACD called Katie who arrived for handover with mark last week and some other new ents hosts but Martin who was on there in May... Lovely guy from Newcastle way ... is coming back on. Also have a new show team starting this week.

If you need any other news do let me know :D

Great news for Bram and Angela but not such great news for the passengers - Bram is a wonderful Cruise Director; that's 2 really good ones we have had that have moved on now - Bram & Ray Bauers :(

Edited by Julessmiles

Cruise Director.

David Bradshaw is the person you mean - he is alot older than the usual CDs and is ex Cunard or ex P and O - can't remember which.

His famous saying is " It's Bradshaw from the bridge " whenever he makes an announcement - or at least that's what he said last time he was on a Thomson ship when we were on board.

We are in Majorca at the moment having got off the Dream on Saturday.

We had a trip into Palma this morning and saw the Dream berthed just slightly further out than normal.

We were told that the current Captain - Hugh Maynard - will be in charge for the next few months.

No problems with Norovirus an board and everywhere nice and clean. Had a great time and now planning next years trip.

By the way, we were in Trapani at the same time as the Majesty last week. We talked to some of their passengers who said they thought the food quality on there (although not the quantity) wasn´t quite as good as on previous Majesty cruises. We could have done a tour of the Majesty which would have been interesting but it was fully booked before we had a chance to book it.

Edited by campolady

We got off the Island Escape in Palma this morning and I was delighted to see the Dream there as we loved her when we were in the Caribbean January 2013, and are looking forward to joining her in Barbados Jan 2014. I took a photo in the dark of her all lit up before I realised later that it was the Dream.

Good to get your positive feedback thomsonfirsttimer and campolady!:) And for the sake of those soon-to-travel cruisers who will obviously be concerned about reports of potentially worrying issues, it's great to get your reassurance that there was no hint of problems -so we might assume whatever is going on on-board is routine. I hope! :eek::D

David Bradshaw........................ hmmmmm. So sorry Bram is going off - do you know thomsonfirsttimer if Bram is leaving before or after the TA?

I'm afraid David Bradshaw is the worst CD we've ever had on Thomson - not really in the mould of the usual Thomson CDs. Having said that he was alright - just not the usual style or energy of other CDs. Not really involved, very Cunard as I would imagine their CDs to be - rather detached and a little aloof (perhaps doing Cunard a disservice there). I suppose as long as he gets the scheduling/activities properly organised it will be ok but there's none of the interaction/jolly/getting stuck in approach we see from most of the CD's. Oh well! Hopefully his asst CD will compensate! :rolleyes:

Still congrats and best wishes to Bram and Angela. I wish them both well - and the new addition too! :)

I think Hugh Maynard was the Staff Capt last time we were on - seemed a nice chap. I liked the German Capt though - such a character.

P.S. Another very good CD was Keith 'Keef' Maynard - very sorry to see him move on too. Does anyone know if Steven Guy is still involved and where is Paul Fisher now - both excellent CD's?

Edited by kruzseeka

We were lucky to have both Bran and Keef Maynard as CD's in September. Bran went home after the first week for his break. Looks like he had a very productive break. Both very good but a great differance in their aproach to the job. Captain Hugh is a fine captain. He was seen about the ship a lot and always gave a daily report over the speaker system around about 5.00p.m.

Stephen Guy did a show on the Dream on Springtime Splendours. He had recently had an operation on his vocal chords due to nodules and it was his first public performance since then. He told us about how he met and married his wife, one of the dancers and how he didn't know if he would sing again after his operation. It was very emotional. He is my favourite CD. He was on our first cruise. He is always around the ship and always has a smile and a hello for everyone :) We hardly saw anything of Bram all week, but of course there were a lot of problems that week :(

Sorry Kruzseeka, have to disagree about the German captain. He drove us to distraction :rolleyes::D

No need to apologise Linda - we all have different opinions. It's all part of life's rich pattern!! Perhaps it says more about me! :D:o

We just found him very droll and with a wry sense of humour but I can appreciate that he might not be everyone's cup of tea.

Thanks for the update on Steven Guy. Good to know his surgery went well.

Edited by kruzseeka

David Bradshaw........................ hmmmmm. So sorry Bram is going off - do you know thomsonfirsttimer if Bram is leaving before or after the TA?

I'm afraid David Bradshaw is the worst CD we've ever had on Thomson - not really in the mould of the usual Thomson CDs."

Don't hold back Kruzseeka - say what you think !! :eek:

Would be nice to see Bram again. Have you heard his solo CD from a few years ago called "Sit down next to me" ?

Edited by Huddersfieldtourist

Don't hold back Kruzseeka - say what you think !! :eek:

Would be nice to see Bram again. Have you heard his solo CD from a few years ago called "Sit down next to me" ?

On re-reading that, it was a bit harsh wasn't it? He's OK really just has a different style and demeanour from the usual CDs we see on Thomson. Come to think of it the one on Aurora was very similar so perhaps it has to do with where he came from.

No haven't heard Bram 's CD - these guys are very talented aren't they?