Classic beverage Package-Wine in Specialty restaurant?

storfie

Just got off the Equinox couple of weeks ago and ate in Murano's. Wine was expensive by the glass. Chard was $18.50 - I settled for a Riesling which was $12 a glass - not sure I saw any that were cheaper. Good thing you get a 20% discount on a bottle.

I have a wine list from Tuscan Grill from last December and Muranos wine list that is a couple years old. Both have about three or four wines that fall within the Classic package limit including one white wine, one red wine, one dessert wine and one other wine (Sparkling at Tuscan and port at Muranos).

I suspect the current wine lists would be similar in that they'll have something available but a very limited selection. In general if you want a broader selection of wines the premium package, or foregoing a package and buying drinks and wine as you go, is your best option.

If you have the classic package and for some reason they say they don't have wines for it then I'd either ask for the manager or just walk out to the bar right outside the restaurant and get a glass there to bring back.

Edited by Lsimon

Just off the Reflection, and there is typically 1 wine in each class (white, red, after dinner, etc) available in the classic pkg. many more choices in the premium. Remember, if you chose a more expensive wine with the classic pkg you will pay the full price. With the premium you only pay the overage.

I have a wine list from Tuscan Grill from last December and Muranos wine list that is a couple years old. Both have about three or four wines that fall within the Classic package limit including one white wine, one red wine, one dessert wine and one other wine (Sparkling at Tuscan and port at Muranos).

I suspect the current wine lists would be similar in that they'll have something available but a very limited selection. In general if you want a broader selection of wines the premium package, or foregoing a package and buying drinks and wine as you go, is your best option.

If you have the classic package and for some reason they say they don't have wines for it then I'd either ask for the manager or just walk out to the bar right outside the restaurant and get a glass there to bring back.

Hi Larry If you have the classic wine package, do you get 20% off a bottle of wine ordered through room service? Does the room service have wine by the glass or just by the bottle?

What are the room service prices like - are they quite expensive?

thanks!

Hi Larry If you have the classic wine package, do you get 20% off a bottle of wine ordered through room service? Does the room service have wine by the glass or just by the bottle?

What are the room service prices like - are they quite expensive?

thanks!

I've never had an alcoholic package before, our next cruise will be our first and only then because of the promotion that included the classic package. Otherwise we don't drink enough to justify a package.

I can not say for certain if the wine through room service gets the 20% off but I would guess that it does. The normal beverage servings for the package do not include room service or the mini bar but I've always presumed this relates more to the no-sharing rules than anything else. When you buy a bottle, with the 20% off package price, the no sharing rules don't apply since you're buying a set quantity as opposed to an unlimited quantity for one person.

Wine and other drinks ordered from room service are the same price charged in any other area of the ship. Likewise for the cabin mini-bar although that contains different sized wine and liquor bottles than what is available elsewhere so it isn't directly comparable.

Here is a link to the main dining room wine list which lists most of the wines sold on the ship by the glass or bottle. A few bars, and the specialty restaurants, might have other items as well but the list gives you a pretty good idea. http://lfsimon.home.comcast.net/~lfsimon/Celebrity%20MDR%20Wine%20List%20-%20Eclipse%20March%202013.pdf

what wines were available by the glass inthe premeium package

how did you like the food and entertainment

what kind of music played in the different venues

thanks

See my answer above and the wine list I posted the link to. The premium package covers wines by the glass selling at $12 and below and you can also buy wines over $12/glass by paying the excess.

I liked the food but entertainment is mixed. There are several different style lounge acts that seem to rotate through different venues on different nights. For more information I'd suggest you search prior threads or post a new one on the topic of either food or entertainment in order to generate better discussions than what you'll get by posting off topic in this thread.

Just off the Solstice (with a classic package) and we dined in all the specialty restaurants. There are not many wines that are available with the Classic in the wine lists, Muranos had one I think, (Premium package will only get you a few more without having to pay a difference) but remember that any wine from any bar / MDR can be ordered, so if you have a preference just ask for that.:D