Furst time cruisers... questions.

W and W

Looking forward to our first cruise, for our silver wedding anniversary. It's the 7 day Western Med cruise and I'm sure I'll have lots of questions.

First one: Is there a facility on here for couples to get together and share the cost of a shore excursion ? Seems a shame to pay more than is necessary when there may be others in the same boat.... (or on the same boat). I'm only talking transport costs, then go our own ways, and meet up for the return.

Second one : We're hoping to have a day or 2 in Barcelona before boarding. Does anyone have any recommendations for B&B.

Thanks in advance. I'm sure there's more to come.

Welcome to Cruise Critic W and W.

I assume it is the Liberty of the Sea's you are sailing on. Have a search around on here and you will find Roll Calls and 'Royal Caribbean 'Meet & Mingle' Roll Calls. Here you will find your relevant ship and sail date (provided someone has already started a roll call). You are likely to quickly find other cruisers wanting to share excursions here.

Good luck with the planning

We just returned from our Mediterranean cruise and had much success planning private excursions and developed lifelong friendships through cruise critics roll call.

For Med ports, the private excursions quote you a price for the van per se and want you all to put your own group together, so the roll call works great in this respect.

Click on the roll call for your ship, scroll down until you find your date and start posting. There may be tours already set up and/or set up your own and ask others to join. We even planned tours with our cruise critic friends for our precruise visit in Barcelona.

Looking forward to our first cruise, for our silver wedding anniversary. It's the 7 day Western Med cruise and I'm sure I'll have lots of questions.

First one: Is there a facility on here for couples to get together and share the cost of a shore excursion ? Seems a shame to pay more than is necessary when there may be others in the same boat.... (or on the same boat). I'm only talking transport costs, then go our own ways, and meet up for the return.

Second one : We're hoping to have a day or 2 in Barcelona before boarding. Does anyone have any recommendations for B&B.

Although I have no recommendation for a B & B, I can tell you my husband and I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express which was "off the beaten tourist path" and loved it. It was in a wonderful part of town and it was an easy walk to everywhere we wanted to visit. It also offered free breakfast and free internet. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. We found it online and stayed both before and after the cruise. Here is the address: Calle Pallars 203 hor_div.gif Barcelona , 08005 hor_div.gif Spain

Enjoy your trip!:)

• 4 weeks later...

I stayed here while in BCN in 2008, charming, elegant, reasonably priced hotel. Convenient to most everything. I will stay again when/if I return.

Hotel Continental Palacete

Rambla de Catalunya, 30, Eixample, 08007 Barcelona