• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Anyone who usually books Ocean Balcony cabins try a Central Park One?

molly361

We have had an ocean balcony cabin on our past Oasis/Allure cruises but are thinking of trying a Central Park one to save a little money.

Anyone thoughts or opinions from any normally ocean balcony folks that have tried a CP one?? :) Thanks

We have had an ocean balcony cabin on our past Oasis/Allure cruises but are thinking of trying a Central Park one to save a little money.

Anyone thoughts or opinions from any normally ocean balcony folks that have tried a CP one?? :) Thanks

We did this on Oasis and we were not pleased with the difference. We had an ideal location for our balcony on Central Park and we were on a higher deck. There is just that feeling of looking out at the ocean that you miss being interior. I would not book it again.

I love Central Park rooms. We always book a JS but on Oasis/Allure I will book a Boardwalk or Central Park balcony. We will be on Oasis in January and have a Central Park booked. I really enjoy sitting out there at night.

I feel differently than some posters before me. I enjoyed the Central Park Balcony that we had on the Allure. I liked sitting on the balcony and watching the people walking by in Central Park. We were still outside and got some sun on our balcony. I have had Promenade cabins and have liked them, but this was much better. It was a good way to save money, too. We had never had this kind of a cabin, and were willing to try it out.

It is true that you cannot look out on the ocean like you can on an ocean balcony. You also have to be conscious of the fact that people can look across Central Park into your cabin, especially at night, so draw the drapes for privacy.

I am going on the Oasis in May, 2014 and a balcony cabin was cheaper than we paid for the Central Park cabin on the Allure in 2011, so we went with the ocean balcony. I started off looking at the Central Park balconies since I knew we would be happy with one, though.

Edited by KansasK

That was my biggeset complaint about the Oasis. If you don't have an oceanview cabin, you hardly ever see the water. We had a Central Park balcony, and it was nice and all, but we love to see the water and the way that ship is laid out, you hardly ever see the water unless you're on the pool deck. Nope, I'd rather face the water if it's up to me.

Just checked our March Cruise on Oasis and we could save $2,800.00 if we choose a Neighborhood Guarantee Balcony Cabin and I'm not sure we would do it as we love our 2 connecting D4 Cabins.

Oh well.................

That is a lot of money. Tough decision. I, for some reason, am a stickler about our family having cabins next door to each other. Sometimes I pay dearly for things like that.

We LOVE our ocean view balconies, but in order to save a few bux opted to get a Central Park Balcony. Although its a balcony, I must say I missed watching the ocean and scenery go by. I also am not fond of sitting there and looking at the people across from me looking back at me. I think we may try a Boardwalk balcony next time as you can at least see the ocean from them. They are a bit more noisy, but you have to do what ya gotta do. Maybe I can convince my DW to get a ocean view next time...:D

I say try it, I had one and loved it. However I live on the Ocean and see it every day. Everyones different and only you can tell if you like it or not!

Just checked our March Cruise on Oasis and we could save $2,800.00 if we choose a Neighborhood Guarantee Balcony Cabin and I'm not sure we would do it as we love our 2 connecting D4 Cabins.

Oh well.................

I would, for $2800. :D

Funny, but what if they end up on different Floors? Remember, with this choice I don't get to choose the cabin.

I have to say even if there is a chance of different floors for $2800 I would do it!!

EDIT Unless there are small children in the next cabin then I guess I would keep them

Edited by molly361

I say try it, I had one and loved it. However I live on the Ocean and see it every day. Everyones different and only you can tell if you like it or not!

Excellent attitude and advice.

What *I* really didn't like about my boardwalk balcony (I COULD see the ocean out the back), was the public display aspect.

I still say that "neighborhood" balconies are like living in a NYC tenement. :D

So – slightly different take.

Would you take an OV NO BALCONY over a Central Park Balcony? What is the consensus- to see the water thru a window, or to have a balcony and fresh air with no water view. We cruise often and sometimes are not particular about the cabin category for any specific cruise, as we know it will be better or worse for the next sailing.

We often skip around in cabin categories and go to/from Suite to/from balcony to/from OV (depending on cruise length, costs, etc.) with no problems. Many post they cannot (or will not) do this but we have no issues. We’ve taken the Oasis class and understand the limitations of the Central Park balcony cabins.

So…. OV with water view (no balcony)

Or

CP balcony

Thanks, M

Would you take an OV NO BALCONY over a Central Park Balcony? What is the consensus- to see the water thru a window, or to have a balcony and fresh air with no water view. We cruise often and sometimes are not particular about the cabin category for any specific cruise, as we know it will be better or worse for the next sailing.

We often skip around in cabin categories and go to/from Suite to/from balcony to/from OV (depending on cruise length, costs, etc.) with no problems. Many post they cannot (or will not) do this but we have no issues. We’ve taken the Oasis class and understand the limitations of the Central Park balcony cabins.

Or

CP balcony

Thanks, M

Me? CP balcony all the way.

I don't think that there is any cruise that I have priced that isn't cheaper in a balcony than in an oceanview cabin once I factor in my balcony discount.

Or

CP balcony

Thanks, M

Depends on the price and your C and A status. On the cruise I am looking at the OV's are only slightly less than the CP and we can get $250 D+ discount on the CP and no discount on the OV. I think the OV would price out in the end more than then CP

CP it will be!!!!:D

Edited by molly361