Oasis Western Formal Nights - Confused

RCCL reservations insists it is nights 2 & 6. A recent trip report here states it was nights 2 & 5. Is reservations incorrect or do they sometimes make changes on the ship?

We are a Christmas week cruise and have absolutely no desire to go to formal nights. If it is indeed 2 & 5 that means formal night is on Xmas Day and we are fairly SOL if we want to eat in a nicer restaurant. While I don't mind a buffet or a burger here and there I certainly don't want that for Xmas dinner.

The first formal night is ALWAYS night 2...no problem there. The 2nd can be night 5 or 6....I would assume that your sailing will be on Christmas night.....that just makes sense.

There are plenty of specialty restaurants where the suggested dress is "smart casual"....so you could make reservations for one of those restaurants on Xmas evening.

RCCL reservations insists it is nights 2 & 6. A recent trip report here states it was nights 2 & 5. Is reservations incorrect or do they sometimes make changes on the ship?

We are a Christmas week cruise and have absolutely no desire to go to formal nights. If it is indeed 2 & 5 that means formal night is on Xmas Day and we are fairly SOL if we want to eat in a nicer restaurant. While I don't mind a buffet or a burger here and there I certainly don't want that for Xmas dinner.

It is Night #5 on the Eastern itinerary.

And you don't need to dress "formally" to attend dinner in the MDR on formal night. Dress up, dress nicely, and you will be fine.

Edited by Merion_Mom

It was the 2nd and 5th night last week, on the sea days on the way to Labadee and between Falmouth and Cozumel. We did specialties both formal nights so we didn't have to dress up and they even offered lobster tails in Chops in addition to the normal menu on the 2nd formal night.

It is Night #5 on the Eastern itinerary.

And you don't need to dress "formally" to attend dinner in the MDR on formal night. Dress up, dress nicely, and you will be fine.

Hmmm....

Eastern Caribbean nights 2 & 6

Western Caribbean nights 2 & 5

Is what I thought based on 7 night cruises :confused:

You're not SOL at all if formal night is Xmas day. The specialty restaurants function exactly as normal. We had dinner in Samba grill on Xmas day (in fact, we were lucky enough to get it for free, because we were B2B changing over on Xmas day, and the MDR menu would have been the same for two nights running, ie an Xmas meal, so they comped us a specialty restaurant meal.)

In fact I would positively recommend eating in a specialty restaurant on Xmas day. The MDR Xmas meal was pretty disappointing.

... Is reservations incorrect or do they sometimes make changes on the ship?

I've been on a cruise where they changed the formal night. I'd also assume that Christmas Day would be the formal night, regardless of which day on the itenerary it is.

Edited by MarkSeattle