Inviting friends on Board

Emdee

I did it in SanFrancisco and it was very easy. I think the form is on the Crystal Web site or your TA can get it. Crystal is now charging a flat fee (because of AI drinks) in addition to meal charges but it is quite reasonable. You must submit the form with the person's name and passport number quite a while in advance and then they send you back an approval. Good luck.

Caryll

the request must be submitted no later than 5 business days prior to arrival in port; I did this prior to the cruise. The chge is $28 for lunch and $38 for dinner. This does not include the additional chge of $12 pp for the beverage fee. Your guests will show an ID (passport or drivers license) upon embarking. Have fun!

Yes it works very well. Just go to the Crystal Cruises Web Site and in the search window type in Visitors and it will bring up the visitor form that you can down laid and fill in and then return to Crustal. It will note what is required and costs for each visitor and costs for meals.

It is very nice that Crystal does this.

I would provide the link for the PDF but I am out and on my iPad and cannot copy and pasted the link.

Keith

Thanks all.

We have sent our friends the form to complete.

It was a last minute thing so hope it works out.

I know the cost is for the dinner and drinks at the dining room but is it possible to take them to a bar before dinner? If not I guess we could invite them to our stateroom for a drink first. As we will very likely not be consuming much ( if any) of our in room bottles!

We invited friends onboard in Edinburgh Scotland and it was absolutely wonderful. I love that Crystal offers this as it is a great way to spend a day with friends. They left the ship convinced they need to cruise Crystal in the future.

I scanned the form to the web address provided and they replied within the hour. Best customer service ever. I love Crystal and this is just one of the many reasons!

All worked smoothly for us last Saturday in Manhattan. Friends arrived, exchanged their IDs for visitors passes and were waiting for us by the seats in front of reception. Crystal did not insist I turned up to meet them on shore or even on board. I got a text from my friends telling me where to find them. Loads of guests aboard that day in New York.

We had tea and lots to drink. While seated at a large table for late sitting, Remi had our guests on their list and we sat at a table for 4 in the Dining by Reservation section at 8:30. It was all pre- arranged and I did not have to organise a single thing. I did have to sign a voucher a couple of day later for the dinner but I think it was because we skipped desert for Mark Farris's set at the Avenue Saloon. Our guest even saw the Welcome show at 7pm.

We had a midnight sail-away and our guest had to leave by 11:30pm.

the request must be submitted no later than 5 business days prior to arrival in port; I did this prior to the cruise. The chge is $28 for lunch and $38 for dinner. This does not include the additional chge of $12 pp for the beverage fee. Your guests will show an ID (passport or drivers license) upon embarking. Have fun!

Here's a link for the form, which has been revised, with higher prices for 2013:

http://www.crystalcruises.com/files/forms/GuestVisitorRequestForm2013.pdf

"Guests will be charged a $12 beverage fee for each visitor requested over 21 years of age"

"An additional fee is charged for any dining request as indicated below for guests age 2 and over."

Breakfast is $25.00, Lunch is $35, Afternoon Tea is $20 and dinner is $50.

Specialty Restaurant is $75 and must be confirmed through PCPC as an additional reservation.

Above is from Crystal's website, form found today (Jan 2 2013 is date of form).

-----------------------------

If I might be permitted to state my personal opinion, I would prefer that visitors not get to dine in the Specialty Restaurants, regardless of price, and that space in the limited-space SR's should be set aside for passengers only.

Edited by Oceans&Rivers

Thanks all.

It was requested and approved extremely efficiently.

Glad to hear that.

There are very few cruise lines that allow this and it is very nice for friends and/or family to have a chance to visit.

I wish you a wonderful cruise.

Keith