any good snorkelling within walking distance of cruise ship terminal

Cruizann

My DH and I will be in Bonaire this month and are taking a snorkelling trip to Klein Bonaire in the morning, however we enjoy snorkelling so much (and from what we have read the snorkelling in Bonaire is so special), we were hoping to snorkel after our trip close to the cruise ship terminal. Is there anywhere within a 10 to 15 minute walk of the cruise ship terminal and if there is, to the right or left of the terminal. As always your advise is so much appreciated.

My DH and I will be in Bonaire this month and are taking a snorkelling trip to Klein Bonaire in the morning, however we enjoy snorkelling so much (and from what we have read the snorkelling in Bonaire is so special), we were hoping to snorkel after our trip close to the cruise ship terminal. Is there anywhere within a 10 to 15 minute walk of the cruise ship terminal and if there is, to the right or left of the terminal. As always your advise is so much appreciated.

We were there in February and if you go right and walk about 5 minutes there is a small beach with unbelievable snorkeling.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. My husband and I just returned from Bonaire Nov 2013. While we did not beach snorkel, we snorkeled with Woodwind Snorkel catamaran. The catamaran was docked at Divi Flamingo Resort.

I believe for $10 per person you can enter the Resort and use their facilities which include a nice snorkeling beach.

Or for $50 per person you can do the tour with Woodwind Snorkel. Highly recommended by the way.

This is a 10 to 15 minute walk from the terminal.

• 1 month later...
Hello. My husband and I just returned from Bonaire Nov 2013. While we did not beach snorkel, we snorkeled with Woodwind Snorkel catamaran. The catamaran was docked at Divi Flamingo Resort.

I believe for $10 per person you can enter the Resort and use their facilities which include a nice snorkeling beach.

Or for $50 per person you can do the tour with Woodwind Snorkel. Highly recommended by the way.

This is a 10 to 15 minute walk from the terminal.

This is really helpful for me! I'm researching for a good place to go snorkeling in Bonaire, while my husband and son can relax on the beach. I was considering the Divi Flamingo Resort. Can I walk in from the beach and snorkel, or is it necessary to take the catamaran out?

Also, do you know how much the day passes are for cruise passengers?

Thanks!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

In Dec. 2013 we did the excursion with Woodwind. When we were done we asked if there was a place we could walk to and snorkel. As mentioned above Woodwind's dock is located at the Divi resort.

they told us that we could snorkel right there at the resort. We did just that. There was a bar/restaurant and loungers with palapas (sp?) not really a beach, but steps that went down into the water. Nobody said anything to us. We had drinks and snorkeled. It was very good. There was nobody checking to see if we belonged there or not.

• 4 months later...

we have been here numerous times and have snorkeled with Compass, we have gone on a snorkel tour with a marine biologist as well, and we have done our own snorkeling too.

The whole island is a marine reserve. We have walked to the beach near the airport (windsock beach I believe) and had great snorkeling there. When we snorkeled with Renee (the marine biologist) she took us to two spots. One is the marina that is mentioned above - there is no cost to use the beach to enter the water if you are not going to use the facilities. Then on our second stop on the tour she took us near the ship, about a ten min walk from the ship to the left. Lots of places to enter the water and was amazed at what we saw.

enjoy

• 2 months later...