Fun on Reflection - TAKE TWO!!

ladylemondrop

Following comments that the first video was too short, I have made a slightly extended version, for those of you who like to enjoy the cruise at a slower pace, or see more of the ship/people/tours etc! (its a great song, turn it up!!) :)

https://vimeo.com/78833493

That was wonderful. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Great video! How did you get the crew to dance like that? What format did you use to edit the video in and which camera did you use? I was reading your blog about sailing with kids. How young were your children when you first cruised? How was that experience and which ship did you sail. I am contemplating cruising with my rambunctious 3 year old twins but am very apprehensive. I am afraid I will feel as if I paid ample amounts of money to babysit my children on a ship-- not really a vacation-you know!

Edited by MoyCoy

Great video! How did you get the crew to dance like that? What format did you use to edit the video in and which camera did you use? I was reading your blog about sailing with kids. How young were your children when you first cruised? How was that experience and which ship did you sail. I am contemplating cruising with my rambunctious 3 year old twins but am very apprehensive. I am afraid I will feel as if I paid ample amounts of money to babysit my children on a ship-- not really a vacation-you know!

The boys have cruised since they were around six years old, but the kids program on Celebrity is very good, especially for the younger ones like yours, its a very large facility, with great staff, and 3 is a nice age to start to travel with kids I think.

For the video, I have "Flip" video camera, we ask politely for staff to wave or something (they dont need asking twice!) and we simply plug the flip camera into the Mac when home, it does all the work, and edit with i-movie, which i am somewhat addicted to as you can see!! I have not got much housework done lately....:D

Thank you so much for posting the longer version! We were on this same itinerary on Equinox exactly one year ago and it was so much fun to relive it via your video. We even had the same tour guide in Pompeii--did he sing for you, too? The bicycle tour in Athens looked like something we would have enjoyed, if I'd have know about it I definitely would have booked it!

Thank you so much for posting the longer version! We were on this same itinerary on Equinox exactly one year ago and it was so much fun to relive it via your video. We even had the same tour guide in Pompeii--did he sing for you, too? The bicycle tour in Athens looked like something we would have enjoyed, if I'd have know about it I definitely would have booked it!

The bike tour was our favourite day - it is run by Athens Bike Tours, and they also have a greek boat that has 8 cabins, so they offer trips around the islands with cycling etc, such a wonderful place to see by bike, and something I would love to go back and do more of!

Following comments that the first video was too short, I have made a slightly extended version, for those of you who like to enjoy the cruise at a slower pace, or see more of the ship/people/tours etc! (its a great song, turn it up!!) :)

Thanks for the uplifting video. It was great. Is it on YouTube? Thanks.

Thanks for the uplifting video. It was great. Is it on YouTube? Thanks.

No, not on youtube, we found there are always issues with the music rights in there so stick with vimeo. I am an amateur holiday enthusiast not an internet sensation lol!! :D

Edited by louise1809

Louise, Your video made me wish I was leaving for the 14d on Eclispse now and not January. Thanks! After 25 cruises w/ Princess, 10 with other lines and once on the Chandris cruise line(pre-Celebrity) we thought we'd sail on Celebrity for our annual winter escape cruise. The cruise critic boards have been helpful in the planning of the AWEC but your video, well, it sets the stage for January! Music and video were great and the views of sunset/sunrise are what I so look forward to from my balcony. Well done and Thanks again !

Fabulous video. Thanks for the extended version. Loved it! Due to a planned surgery, we had to cancel a 2012 Med cruise. The surgery didn't happen. Now, we regret that decision as many ships are no longer stopping at Istanbul. We feel we missed a golden opportunity, and your video, especially the scenes of Istanbul, underscore the sights we missed.