A (mostly) Carnival Cruiser Tries Princess - a b2b on Golden Princess

Sargent_Schultz

I am really enjoying your review. I've been on a few Carnival cruises and am looking at other cruise lines so the extensive pictures are a huge help to get an idea of what it would be like to be on the ship. It seems much more muted than the Carnival ships. I'm looking forward to reading the rest!

I am really enjoying your review. I've been on a few Carnival cruises and am looking at other cruise lines so the extensive pictures are a huge help to get an idea of what it would be like to be on the ship. It seems much more muted than the Carnival ships. I'm looking forward to reading the rest!

Thank you. The ships are more sedate.

So far,I had not tried room service, so one back on the ship it was time. My favorite item from room service on Carnival is a BLT. Yum. Princess didn't offer, but they did have a Club Sandwich!!! Bonus.

It took about 45 minutes for delivery and that was about how they told me it would take.

DSC_0839_Zyde.jpg

I could have gotten french fries with, but opted for potato chips.

DSC_0840_Zyde.jpg

The toast was actually toasted!

DSC_0841_Zyde.jpg

and why not try a couple of desserts - chocolate cake and the flan

DSC_0842_Zyde.jpg

DSC_0844_Zyde.jpg

getting back on a cruise ship tomorrow so this will likely wait another week. :o

Bragging or complaining ;)....lucky dog. As always, love your review and looking forward to the rest and your Sunshine review. Hope you have a great time. :)

I always get jealous when I see your photo essays. My photos never turn out this good Must be the camera.:D Even though, some of your photos aren't showing up on my computer, so I'll have to check back later to make sure it's not just my computer.

Our last two cruises were on the Golden -- the holiday two-weekers to Hawaii in 2010/11 and 2012/13. Last December, we got to the terminal a little after 11 and there was only one party ahead of us in line (the Aloha/Baja non Platinum/Elite one). We were waved over to the P/E clerk right away. (This was our last cruise as a "Gold.") It was more as Pam described, so maybe the check in system has changed since then or it's this way for the coastals.

Just to clarify the lunch situation: at some point, the MDR that serves lunch will be closed on port days. But plenty of other options such as the Horizon, the pizzeria, the Trident grill (we often went there for their chicken sandwiches), the IC (one of my favorite spots to get a dessert). As our cruise was much longer in duration (with several sea days which we love), there was often a buffet set up by the outdoors pool with different themes.

They must have added the Crab Shack (since I'm allergic to shellfish, I would avoid that anyway) and the Trident BBQ sometime this year.

We do bring on a plastic crate with our beverage supply (my Mountain Dew, Sobe, box o'wine, grapefruit juice for hubby's middle of the night thirsts) so our fridge becomes full of our own drinks.

And now I'm reminded that the last time we've been to San Diego was in 1999:eek: after our repeat cruise on the Carnival Holiday.

Bragging or complaining ;)....lucky dog. As always, love your review and looking forward to the rest and your Sunshine review. Hope you have a great time. :)

always a little stress until i am on the ship, then it's somebody else's problem. :)

I always get jealous when I see your photo essays. My photos never turn out this good Must be the camera.:D Even though' date=' some of your photos aren't showing up on my computer, so I'll have to check back later to make sure it's not just my computer.

Our last two cruises were on the Golden -- the holiday two-weekers to Hawaii in 2010/11 and 2012/13. Last December, we got to the terminal a little after 11 and there was only one party ahead of us in line (the Aloha/Baja non Platinum/Elite one). We were waved over to the P/E clerk right away. (This was our last cruise as a "Gold.") It was more as Pam described, so maybe the check in system has changed since then or it's this way for the coastals.

Just to clarify the lunch situation: at some point, the MDR that serves lunch will be closed on port days. But plenty of other options such as the Horizon, the pizzeria, the Trident grill (we often went there for their chicken sandwiches), the IC (one of my favorite spots to get a dessert). As our cruise was much longer in duration (with several sea days which we love), there was often a buffet set up by the outdoors pool with different themes.

They must have added the Crab Shack (since I'm allergic to shellfish, I would avoid that anyway) and the Trident BBQ sometime this year.

We do bring on a plastic crate with our beverage supply (my Mountain Dew, Sobe, box o'wine, grapefruit juice for hubby's middle of the night thirsts) so our fridge becomes full of our own drinks.

And now I'm reminded that the last time we've been to San Diego was in 1999:eek: after our repeat cruise on the Carnival Holiday.[/quote']

Photos should show up - but sometime i screw up.

The grill becomes the "bbq" at night. still basically the grill + some other stuff.

• 2 weeks later...