Oasis of the Seas ~ Eastern Caribbean ~ Solo Picture Review

mpoole3

So now there was only one thing to do... Head to Park Cafe for a roast beef sandwich! At this point it was 12:30 and not a single person in line, however all the tables were full. I swear these sandwiches just get better with every cruise or maybe it was the Stella that made it so good. Bottom line: Don't miss Park Cafe and the famous roast beef.

photo2_zps39c55cea.jpg

We were probably at Park Café at the same time. The Beef on Weck is the best. Besides having them in Buffalo, NY, we enjoyed them on Allure and then on Rhapsody. They are outrageously delicious!!

And what's up with some of your pics posting upside down? Or is it just me? :D

And what's up with some of your pics posting upside down? Or is it just me? :D

Are you viewing from a tablet or phone?

No idea why this is happening. They are showing the correct way from my computer, but not on my iPad.

Many of the officers were present and assistant CD talks about blah, blah, blah - who know really. "This is what 1.4 BILLION dollars gets you!" The best part was the dance everyone did to tell the captain to sound the horn. I was crying laughing but everyone had a blast and that's all the matters. I think I took around 100 pictures alone from this event, but no worries I won't post them all; unless of course someone ask.

IMG_0651_zps2b683a92.jpg

IMG_0626_zpsbbeb46d9.jpg

IMG_0657_zps8480f6ac.jpg

Yep, we were out there with you. My pics are very similar to yours. I'm thinking I should start taking pics of all the folks in the crowd so I can identify people I meet here on CC!! Lol!!

Oh, btw...we are sailing Freedom with you Oct 26, 2014. Did you get a great Promenade Stateroom rate?

Caren

Yep, we were out there with you. My pics are very similar to yours. I'm thinking I should start taking pics of all the folks in the crowd so I can identify people I meet here on CC!! Lol!!

Oh, btw...we are sailing Freedom with you Oct 26, 2014. Did you get a great Promenade Stateroom rate?

Caren

EVERYONE is sailing on that cruise next year! Yes, what a steal! Let's not forget the Savings Certificate from C&A. I will spend more buying the Alcohol packages than the cruise itself. :D

Day 3 - Sea Day

I put the room service breakfast tag outside my door last night for breakfast to arrive between 7:30-8:00, however I woke up at 6:30 and was ready to eat & my coffee of course. I called room service and told them I was ready and breakfast arrived shortly after. Now I'm going to say this as politely as I know how, that breakfast was awful. Coffee tasted like it was made from yesterday and the food was very soggy, one would have thought they picked it up in the steam-room. I typically don't complain about much of anything on vacation, but my room service breakfast days might just be over.

I knew the pools would be crazy crowded today since it was our first sea day and headed up right after breakfast. It was around 7:30 am at this point, yes, I know it was early but I wanted a good seat!

No one started to claim chairs until 8:30 for those who are looking for a prime seat. Note: if you go to the beach pool and sit front row take as little as possible with you, as everything blows into the water. Actually sat here until a little after 3pm and met a group of great friends from Maryland.

IMG_0570_zps23ba0adf.jpg

Hey! We're in this pic! The guy center right with the sleeveless shirt with the shark on the back and the girl to his left with the gray striped skirt! This was so much fun! A great event!:D

The best part was the dance everyone did to tell the captain to sound the horn.

Michael I was out there on the helipad too. But I stayed back towards the bow so I could actually see what was going on in front of the ship once the crowd headed back to the center to do the wave.:p

I'm also getting the upside down pictures on the iPad. I just figured you were having too much fun this cruise.;)

My husband and I were on the Oasis in September and we enjoyed those roast beef sandwiches. We met a great couple and we are all cruising on the Indy on the March 29th sailing!

That's weird, we were on the Oasis in September and met a great couple and we're cruising with them on the Indy on March 29th, small world! ;)

Add me to the "small world club" -- I met Michael (and his brother Jason and Jason's partner Caleb) on Navigator this spring, and I'm sailing with them on Indy on March 29th as well! :D

Day 3 - Sea Day

I put the room service breakfast tag outside my door last night for breakfast to arrive between 7:30-8:00, however I woke up at 6:30 and was ready to eat & my coffee of course. I called room service and told them I was ready and breakfast arrived shortly after. Now I'm going to say this as politely as I know how, that breakfast was awful. Coffee tasted like it was made from yesterday and the food was very soggy, one would have thought they picked it up in the steam-room. I typically don't complain about much of anything on vacation, but my room service breakfast days might just be over.

First off, Thanks for the review. When I see photos like your I want to go out and get a better camera, the only thing is I don't want to drag around a large camera like that. Oh well!

Just a follow up on the photos. I'm on my laptop and ALL photos are straight up. On our last vacation (to Tennessee)I tried taking all my photos with my Samsung S3. It takes great photos but the viewing on different devices is no good. Better off using a camera.

We were on the Allure on the 27th of October, and we will also be on the Freedom on the 26th of October 2014 with a party of 8.

As for the room service, my wife also wanted to get the room service on the 6th day and it too was awful. We will stick with the MDR for now on. I usually go down and get Starbucks for our first on the day coffee.

Edited by believer33323

If you are looking for a craft beer their pub is one of the best in the fleet. Always playing live music, football games, and packed out pub for a great time. I will say Royal Caribbean has started to exclude some really great beers that were not excluded just a few months ago in the drink package. I understand that some of these beers are expensive but then again I did pay $385! Okay done with the pub now it's time to explore the Viking Crown lounge on deck 17. Well I'm pretty sure I rented the whole place out because I was the only one there (7:00). I noticed the decor on the Allure were much nicer in VC. Where were the tall red chairs??

IMG_1583_zps3541e857.jpg

Loved this...

IMG_1576_2_zps65c74db8.jpg

For anyone who loves craft beer, here at the menu from the pub. (I didn't take pictures of the top with american beers, since all know what those are.)

Notice the * beside the beer = excluded from all drink packages.

IMG_1851_zpsdd35433d.jpg

IMG_1849_zpsd8797910.jpg

I am enjoying your review. Thank you!:D

I am surprised by the football jerseys on formal night...:rolleyes:

thanks a bunch. leaving Feb 1. cant wait!

Glad you are enjoying it, because I love sharing it!

Dinner tonight is in Solarium Bistro, which should be a great meal. Okay all I'm here (7:30) and I kind of feel alone! There are 4 tables occupied and everything else is empty, which leads me to believe Samba Grill is headed for Oasis fall '14. The chairs & table are covered with a nice pillow in the chair for back support. I also noticed 3-5 fans blowing in the restaurant to help reduce the heat. Once I walked in the smell from the kitchen overwhelming, which was a good thing if you ask me! I ordered the bison, which the waiter recommends. Was this meal good? Yes. Would I ever come back? Most likely no. To me the food was just to plain for my liking. Dinner is $20pp.

If you have questions about this dinner please ask.

(long story but pictures from this dinner are coming at the end)

I enjoy this event because people are dressed up, live music, and great pictures. So let's talk about the attire on formal night... Very few tuxes, most in suites/long black dresses, some without jackets & short summer dresses, but let's not forget about those in NFL jerseys. I mean it is Sunday, so I suppose that makes it appropriate for formal night.

Note: If you are looking for a good seat for this event the Schooner Bar has great views but you need to go early.

IMG_0704_zpse93a3b2d.jpg

sorry, forgot the pic....looks kinda crowded

sorry, forgot the pic....looks kinda crowded

Special events on the Promenade do get very crowded as instead of people being spread out around the ship there is a reason for many people to congregate at one venue. This not only true on Oasis and Allure but also on all of the Voyager and Freedom class ships.

Day 4 - St. Thomas:

I always do the same thing here, I know I should probably try something different but I just love Megan's Bay. But not before breakfast at Johnny Rockets - this is a free option with omelets, bacon, egg kind of reminds me of a Waffle House. If you are looking for a fast breakfast, but want to avoid the Windjammer this is a good option.

IMG_0811_zpsdd048418.jpg

IMG_0813_zps4099968e.jpg