Vision of the Seas photos - Post Revitalization

LMaxwell

They did not add the Freestyle machines. We were rather spoiled by them on Enchantment.

I'm glad we tried it out. Now I'm debating about switching our March 2014 to a Vision of the Seas 7 nighter out of Tampa. One more port than Freedom. Also, loved Giovanni's table.

With the new drink pkgs that just came out, I'm sad to see the Freestyle machines did not get added.. I was hoping to try them out. :(

We have a May 2014 & March 2015 already booked on Vision out of Tampa. :)

Some pics from the 70's Party in the Centrum. This lasted about 30-40 minutes.

It was ROCKING. There was a sound engineer with an ipad going around making adjustments to the speakers and the sound was really excellent. Loud, Crisp, Clear; not blaring or over-amplified or too-bassy. Really well done. In fact I saw this guy a lot over 2 days making adjusments. On the ball, so to speak.

One thing I would say is they should probably have some crew try to clear out or move some of the bulky and large (but comfortable and new) centrum furniture as this place REALLY got packed during the show/party. Even moving it more to the sides would have been useful.

Image179_zps5b2b22e9.jpg

Notice the lady in the panoramic elevator? She was a PAX that happened to come down; and started dancing in the elevator. She stayed in so long that she got whisked back to the top, dancing away, to thunderous cheering and applause from the crowd. She came back down and danced on stage with the entertainers. A real laugh.

Image190_zpsb5f9aa1e.jpg

Image203_zps822b0104.jpg

Image198_zps0618291b.jpg

Image197_zpsb9dc55c1.jpg

Image192_zpsee839233.jpg

Continuing on; some of the Ben & Jerrys / Coffee shop on Deck 6. I like "regular" coffee, so the stuff upstairs suits me fine, and I think paying for ice cream on a ship full of deserts is ludicrous, so I blew right threw this area once just to have a look see. The cookies/cakes are free IF you purchase a coffee and looked quite nice. Coffee-drink prices seems pretty reasonable but I do not have a photo of the menu prices unfortunately or remember them either.

This is on Deck 6; starboard side. You can see the photo gallery on the left hand side. There is a "book nook" in the middle.

Note: I uploaded all my pics to photobucket and thought I'd edit as needed once online. BIG mistake. Very slow and error prone. Should have edited first and uploaded. Oh well, working through this bit by bit.

Image69_zpsccff2f8c.jpg

Image71_zpsc27477e9.jpg

Image72_zpsa43d4b0b.jpg

Just a heads up. My shower did not have the shampoo/shower gel dispenser usually found in the shower. I was counting on that and had to ask my room steward for a shampoo which he was happy to get for me.

What's funny is I was told that they just forgot to put the dispensers in. I happened to have shampoo and conditioner from a hotel stay the night before but I left them in my car trunk assuming I'd have them on board. Then when I needed them there was none in the room. The stateroom attendants were off duty at this time so guest services had someone bring me shampoo but there was no conditioner in the store room. He had to go look somewhere else but didn't come back soon enough so I finally just called and cancelled the conditioner request. I needed to get moving and in the shower.

This is why I think they should just leave the toiletries in the bathroom as always on RCI ships. The loss of the little things on board is making an inconvenient difference.

Gina

• 2 weeks later...
We are booked on for this ship Thanksgiving 2014. Of course, my cousin is concerned if there is a nightclub with a DJ on the ship. Anybody who's been on the ship after the revitalization would know?

Yes they had a DJ and dancing late night up in the viking crown lounge.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much for the review and the photos. We've only just booked the Vision of the Seas and this will be our first time on a Vision class ship. I've been on the Brilliance before so I am sure I will love this ship too. Especially looking at your photos! Will you tell me if there was a British style pub like there is on the Voyager class ships? That's one feature we really enjoy.

Will you tell me if there was a British style pub like there is on the Voyager class ships? That's one feature we really enjoy.

No there is not a British themed pub on the ship. My last three RC trips prior to this was on Voyager-class; definitely a different feel to the ship than Voyager class. Not to say better or worse, just a different feel. Obviously the main difference is the absence of the Royal Promenade. That said, there are a number of good sized venues to enjoy.

I have promised more pictures, now is as good a time as any, hold tight, I'll put some more up.

Shots from Park Cafe at the aft end of the Solarium. These were from Embarkation day lunch. There are also various separate stands. One stand for silverware and condiments

One stand for beverages and ice

One stand with a variety of fresh fruits

At night after partying they served pizza and a few other late night munchie type foods.

Image57_zps24519a9e.jpg

Image56_zpsf46d7d6b.jpg

Image62_zps438a2c6e.jpg

Image61_zps4d4c8873.jpg

Image58_zps76bd8a6e.jpg

Edited by LMaxwell

Here is Park Cafe in the morning. They have a bagel bar setup, choose your toppings; excuse the shots of the cases, there was condensation on them. Also they had a selection of hot sandwiches. When you order them they re-press them on the grill so they are served hot. Much nicer than just turning to hockey pucks under heat lamps

Image225_zpsd8984222.jpg

Image221_zps7bd8a556.jpg

Image224_zpsab7888d3.jpg

Image223_zps78d7cf6e.jpg

Image222_zpsabfe1142.jpg

Image226_zps18c2f564.jpg

A Royal Caribbean staple; the Schooner Bar. There was a piano bar located within. Trivia was held here during the day time. A popular venue; you have to walk through it to get to Giovannis Table, the Diamond Lounge, Some Enchanted Evening show lounge. It is adjacent to Chops as well.

Image82_zpsf601ecf5.jpg

Image83_zpsf4eefff5.jpg

Image84_zps27664641.jpg

Image85_zpsf55f9de5.jpg

Image86_zps1c3c65f4.jpg

Edited by LMaxwell

Couple of Solarium shots. This was a really nice area. I look forward to spending more time in the Solarium on other Vision-class ships that I have travel booked on.

Image63_zpsb613209e.jpg

Image59_zps27f6e43b.jpg

Here is from Deck 10 on the jogging track; those are the windows in to the Solarium

Image31_zps8084b1c9.jpg

This is from the staircase to nowhere looking after from what used to be an entrance to the Viking Crown lounge but is now closed and part of window seating at Izumis. Go up a flight of steps. Look around. Go back down. Great vantage point though!

Image32_zps7ea750e9.jpg

Thank you for adding extra photos! She looks like a really inviting ship. Especially Deck 5. On every ship we've ever been on, we gravitate to that deck because it's so quiet and spacious more times than not. When everyone is up at the pool....we're on Deck 5. :D

Thanks for all the pictures. Hope you can answer my questions---------

Were there an adequate number of stationary bikes and treadmills in the fitness room? Or was there a wait for them in the AM?

Where did they put the Diamond Lounge?

A well stocked library?

Those deck plans are totally wrong. I've been on the ship since the diamond lounge was put it. It's just inside the door going into the Some Enchanted Evening Lounge. It's not at the aft of the ship as shown. Go just past Giovanni's Table, through the doors and it's on the left, requiring no walking through the Some Enchanted Evening Lounge at all. It's the best placement they've done. People can go in and out during the day without having to walk through Bingo of the ParkWest Art auctions.

I heard someone this week claim it's smaller than those diamond lounges that are put at the aft in the corner. I don't think theres a difference or at least not much. It's just shaped more rectangular but not overly narrow. I have some good pictures I can try to post. It used to be so much easier to do it when Tapatalk was newer and better.

Gina

Thanks for all the pictures. Hope you can answer my questions---------

Were there an adequate number of stationary bikes and treadmills in the fitness room? Or was there a wait for them in the AM?

Where did they put the Diamond Lounge?

A well stocked library?

Hello "neighbor" (by your location at the top you are right down the road!)

The gym appeared to be nicely stocked, but I was only on a two night voyage. As the weather was nice I did my miles on the track around the ship instead of inside. I can not speak to if there would be an AM wait or not.

Diamond Lounge is Deck 6, aft of schooner bar, located across from Giovanni's/Entrance to Enchanted Evening lounge.

There is a book nook on deck 6 at the front of the centrum. It is between the photo galley and Ben & Jerry/Cafe Latte-tudes. It is not very large; a few book shelves.

Those deck plans are totally wrong. I've been on the ship since the diamond lounge was put it. It's just inside the door going into the Some Enchanted Evening Lounge. It's not at the aft of the ship as shown. Go just past Giovanni's Table, through the doors and it's on the left, requiring no walking through the Some Enchanted Evening Lounge at all. It's the best placement they've done. People can go in and out during the day without having to walk through Bingo of the ParkWest Art auctions.

I heard someone this week claim it's smaller than those diamond lounges that are put at the aft in the corner. I don't think theres a difference or at least not much. It's just shaped more rectangular but not overly narrow. I have some good pictures I can try to post. It used to be so much easier to do it when Tapatalk was newer and better.

Gina

Thanks for the correction. Makes more sense the way you've described it especially with traffic.

The new Diamond Club looks very nice

Have an old brochure (2012-2013). It shows the Concierge Club as being on Deck 8, midships.

Now, (according to website's deck plans), it is off the Viking Crown Lounge.

Also, the old brochure shows a large library on Deck 7

LMAXWELL: Are you 1/2 hour from Port Everglades also?!