Hurricane Emily

I assured all of my out of state brothers and sisters that a family reunion cruise to the Bahamas in July would be hurricane free....

At least it wasn't my turn to pan this year's reunion - my brother will have to take the heat for that!

And now they think Emily may stay further south than originally planned, even though we could have rougher seas than normal next week.

Here's to the thing just fizzling out altogether!

I wonder if it will affect us - we leave Thurs. on the Empress from Ft. Lauderdale then to Key West and Cozumel. This is our first cruise, and I'm afraid the seas will be rough, and we'll be sick and never want to do a cruise again!

Terry,

Any chance we can sticky threads like this one? I started a similar thread almost a day before Emily was even a TD, so we now have multiple threads for the same weather occurance. I'm pretty sure most would agree, weather is of a concern/interest for most of us, especially once our cruise dates draw near.

Thanks!

Guest OBAYbee

@!!@%#%${%^$@.... Right now my condo in Destin Florida is w/o power and phones. We just finished fixing the windows and window treatments as well as our cabinets from Ivan's visit then came Dennis.

Tonight no power or phone and looks like there will be water damage. Now Emily?? Calgon....... TAKE ME AWAY!

According the the 11pm advisory, Emily will NOT be a threat to Florida this weekend and is heading west towards the Yucatan penisula, might change some itineraries but looks like those of us sailing this weekend will do so without a problem. You are right, she is just looking for some tequila!!!!

Now, where can I move to get away from hurricane hell (AKA Florida???)

HI

Okay I am dumb:confused: when it comes to watching the hurricanes and where they are "scheduled" to hit? We are heading on a cruise leaving Miami this coming weekend (we leave Sunday). Will this hurricane (Emily) affect us in Miami or at any of the ports? (Belize, Cayman Island, Cozumel, and Costa Maya)

Thank you!!! :D

Love2cruiz,

I will be on the same sailing as you this Sunday(did you sign up for our meet and mingle or check out our roll call thread???) Anyway, as I stated above, according to the hurricane center, this storm is not predicted to affect South Florida at all and so flying into or leaving out of Miami will not be a problem, it may however affect our itinerary but we wont know til closer to the cruise depending on the path of the storm. The worst thing that happens is they change the order of the places we are schedules to go or change us to a Eastern Caribbean itinerary.

Archived