cruise paid off so i call to add tips for 3 people...BUT PROBLEMS..

Susiecruisey

I agree.. it was their screw up in the beginning. she should have her documents showing zero bal prior to adding the gratuities. They should still honor her ES booking. I just don't know why she didn't just add them when she booked her cruise.

I do because I want to know the total balance due when I book. The only time it ever changed on me was I finally had a ES drop and applied for it and the gratuities had changed so I had to pay the additional 1.50 day per person which I didn't feel it was right since I can't remove them, why should I have to pay the new rate. We still always tip extra, but to me it was the point of the matter.

I asked about that numerous times since the OP started the thread but never got an answer.

It should be cut and dry where the problem is "if" you have the email confirmation from when you paid the cruise off and when you added the tips.

All I can figure is the OP didn't have an email confirmation but that's just a guess.

Even if she didn't though how can Carnival not figure out where the problem is after 2 weeks??

Bill

I finally got a call back today. They still can not figure it out. But here is what they said. They will change it back to the way it was but if the rate goes down again even thought I have ES they will not honor it. I guess I have to live with it. But this will be my last Cruise with Carnival but they could care less about that.

That sounds like a load of BS (on Carnival's part). If you left it with the balance they've been telling you was due and the price dropped lower than what you had before, they'd honor it, so why wouldn't they honor it after adjusting it to what you paid anyway? Dumb.