3 for free promo - is it just for certain sailings?

killineybay

I was wondering if the 3 for free promo just applies to certain sailings or can you get it for any booking? I was trying to figure this out from the brochure we received.

We have three cruises booked for next year in europe and the offer is good on all of them. I understand the offer is good on Alaska cruises too. Initially your booking had to have been made prior to Oct. 31st, but they have just extended it to I think, end of this month.

Anybody know if bookings under the promo will be eligible for future price reductions or will you lose all the perks to take advantage of a price reduction?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

You never lose your perks when the price goes down.

Anybody know if bookings under the promo will be eligible for future price reductions or will you lose all the perks to take advantage of a price reduction?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

If the new promotion is not combinable with the "3 for Free" promo' date=' then yes, you would lose the "perks" that came with that promo.

Thanks for the link to the website. It looks like it is just for certain sailings.

All 2014 Alaska, Europe and summer Caribbean Princess sailings...

I called today to check and see if the cruise we wanted was part of the deal since it was one in the brochure but was told it had to say the date I wanted was included. In one place it says all advertised cruises but it really isn't.. Only certain dates.

I called today to check and see if the cruise we wanted was part of the deal since it was one in the brochure but was told it had to say the date I wanted was included. In one place it says all advertised cruises but it really isn't.. Only certain dates.

Doris, when they had this up to the end of October, any date was included. It looks like they changed the rules when they extended it.

RickEk: the OP asked whether she would lose the offer if she got refared. She would not. Or did one of us misunderstand the question?

I wouldn't book a cruise based on the promotion. The category upgrade is only within your class of cabin. In other words, you are not going to go from an inside to a balcony. Another item is one free dinner at a premium restaurant. That's nice, but not a reason to select a cruise. The third was a $100 per person cabin credit. That's a decent savings. Although, they say it's for credit for an excursion, it can be used for anything. The better thing right now for cruises in Europe are the price reductions.

Since the price was also reduced, the obc and dinner seemed like a good reason to book! It does say in the brochure that the obc could be used for excursions or would just be added to your on account, so that was a decent offer.

Pia, I thought before it was Alaska and Europe and one other place..no?

I wouldn't book a cruise based on the promotion. The category upgrade is only within your class of cabin. In other words, you are not going to go from an inside to a balcony. Another item is one free dinner at a premium restaurant. That's nice, but not a reason to select a cruise. The third was a $100 per person cabin credit. That's a decent savings. Although, they say it's for credit for an excursion, it can be used for anything. The better thing right now for cruises in Europe are the price reductions.

I already had my bookings before this promo. And I already had the best cabin, so that point was moot. What I didn't have was the extra $100/pp and the free dinner. So by picking up the phone I gained another $250 in perks. If/when the price goes down, I fully expect my fare to go down. What I don't expect is any fare movement until this offer expires.

I already had my bookings before this promo. And I already had the best cabin, so that point was moot. What I didn't have was the extra $100/pp and the free dinner. So by picking up the phone I gained another $250 in perks. If/when the price goes down, I fully expect my fare to go down. What I don't expect is any fare movement until this offer expires.

That's the way I looked at it. It's great if you have already booked or were planning to book anyway, but it doesn't seem to be much of a motivation for new bookings. We had booked already, kept our cabin, and just took the $250 in perks/cash and also included a price reduction.