MS Prisendam Sail-Away-Nov 26, 2013

aliaschief

Port Schedule now shows a 17:45 departure. Just a guess but I bet there have been many flight delays. So far we have had over 7 inches of rain today.:eek:

Oh my! That's a heckuva lot of rain.:eek: Not sure I can stick around that long, have so much to do this afternoon...... gotta go pay a parking ticket, for one thing.:(

Is anyone else having difficulty going to "Full Screen"? The computer screen just goes all black, and I have to press Escape to get out of it.

No, but I lost sound. I closed it and re-opened it.

Had to go for a bit. Mr. Marley must have been so busy sending vibes, he slipped up shall we see. I had an accident to clean up. :mad:

doesn't happen often. He's not in my good books right now :rolleyes:

Not til 6:45 our time? OMG - I don't know if I can stall Dh's dinner that long.

DH took Marley out after his feeding so I could come back :D Bless his heart (that's in the good spirit)

Oh my! That's a heckuva lot of rain.:eek: Not sure I can stick around that long, have so much to do this afternoon...... gotta go pay a parking ticket, for one thing.:(

Temperature was 72 earlier today and now 50 and it is supposed to get below freezing tonight.

The delay is for late arriving supplies. In the meantime, Captain Andre has been ill. He is due back December 15. In the meantime, we have Captain Gunderson back from retirement. I'll try to be on deck for sailaway but need to figure out what to do about dinner.

Roy

The delay is for late arriving supplies. In the meantime, Captain Andre has been ill. He is due back December 15. In the meantime, we have Captain Gunderson back from retirement. I'll try to be on deck for sailaway but need to figure out what to do about dinner.

Roy

Awesome Roy - lucky you - Captain Gunderson is an awesome Captain. You can bet the EE will be in ship shape with him on board :D:D

Roy

I hope Captain Gunderson got the tooting memo!:D

Have a great time, Roy!

Roy,

I am sorry to learn that Captain Andre is not well, but with Captain Gunderson at the helm, you will be in excellent hands. Given that he was the original Master when she was Royal Viking Sun, he would know the Prinsendam from stem to stern extremely well.

I hope Captain Gunderson got the tooting memo!:D

Have a great time, Roy!

He typically does 3 to 5 toots - at least when we were on with him. Except in two ports - and then he went on and on and on. It was when we were circling the island of Fuerteventura - he got permission to go close in with a pilot and since cruise ships rarely go there - the people were out cheering and waving and he replied very well the entire hour and 1/2 :D

Otherwise, he's quite dignified with his toots;)

But who knows? he's been retired - he might be feeling some gusto coming back to 'his' ship.

Edited by kazu

We had Captain Gunderson, too. He really laid down the law about people breaking their quarantine. Very good! :)

Ann, that sounds like the cruise we were on. When were you on the P'dam - was it before you joined cruise critic?

I haven't..... I'm gonna leave to sapper's DH to bring it up while we're onboard in April.:D

that's a really good way to do it - but since we won't be on that cruise - I have to work it in slowly. DH can fathom having more than two cruises on the horizon :D:D

Ann, that sounds like the cruise we were on. When were you on the P'dam - was it before you joined cruise critic?

Kazu, it was Eastern Mediterranean in October of 2011; I only joined CC this Spring! Have learned so much since. :D I should start all over again with my travels.

I haven't..... I'm gonna leave to sapper's DH to bring it up while we're onboard in April.:D

I mentioned it, was it two days ago the subject came up? And DH immediately emailed our TA and she's been back to me today, I thought it might be an idea just to see if there's a "Thanksgiving" sale!