What Next?

Jane2357

What next? We've done the Caribbean every cruise - of course this started when we lived in the Frozen Tundra of the North - Michigan. It was our winter, warm weather get away. So now we live in Florida and everyday is warm :D So this Feb. we have our first longer cruise and next year we are branching out and doing a full transit of the Panama Canal. So I'm in the PRE planning stage for the cruise after that -2016. Yes - even in Florida we only cruise once a year - hey we have dogs and we hate to leave them! So my question is what is next? Dh would love to do Galapagos - me not so much. I'm thinking a transatlantic - but am totally clueless. I'd love to do some of the more exotic routes but I refuse to cruise with a ton of children so this limits my options. Any suggestions?

Try one of the European itineraries! We started this a few years back after we sort of maxed out on the Caribbean and Bermuda, and now we're hooked. Celebrity now offers a few good 7 day cruises so you're not away from home for too long. Give them a look --- lots of ports to choose from, Italy and Greece are still our favorites. We prefer the shoulder seasons of spring and fall ---- cheaper prices, cooler temperatures for sightseeing, and very few children.

Edited by cynbar

Besides the 4 Caribbean cruises (including a partial transit of the PC., DH and I did an Alaska cruise/tour, British Isles./Nor. Fjords, Mexican Riviera and Australia/NZ. When he passed away in Aug. of 2008,, we had two cruises booked ahead for '09. His sister went with me that Jan. on an 11-nighter to the S. Carib. A new friend I met in bereavement class went to the Med. with me in June.

Didn't cruise in '10, but started up again in '11 traveling with friends. We have done Carib in winter, Scand/Russia and Alaska again in summer.

There are so many great itineraries out there, you should try them all.

How about Asia -China,Malaysia, Viet Nam, Thailand, Singapore? Or perhaps Australia, New Zealand and Tahiti. Some good itineraries for those destinations. Have you done an Alaska cruise? I'd say if you are into adventure see if you can score a deal on cruise around the horn of Africa. Heard there are some fabulous discounts to0 be had .LOL. Just kidding about cruising the horn of Africa. All inclusives like Sandals Somalia are a much better deal in that area.

How about Asia -China,Malaysia, Viet Nam, Thailand, Singapore? Or perhaps Australia, New Zealand and Tahiti. Some good itineraries for those destinations. Have you done an Alaska cruise? I'd say if you are into adventure see if you can score a deal on cruise around the horn of Africa. Heard there are some fabulous discounts to0 be had .LOL. Just kidding about cruising the horn of Africa. All inclusives like Sandals Somalia are a much better deal in that area.

Lots of good ideas. I've land traveled China, Malaysia, Singapore and Alaska - Australia, New Zealand and Tahiti sound interesting to me. I'd love to go to Ireland - have a friend there.

My BFF *just* returned from the Galapagos cruise with tours of Machu Pichu, etc. She says it was a once in a lifetime experience, and she was so thankful to have had the opportunity. This is a gal that thinks camping is a room at the Holiday Inn.....she prefers Ritz Carlton-like digs.....said she would do it again in a heatbeat, and after viewing all of her photos, it is now at the TOP of my cruise bucket list!! Give it some consideration, I don't think you will be sorry!!

There are lots of wonderful cruises in Europe. Baltic. Norwegian fjords. Great Britain. Then there's the Med. TAs are wonderful and relaxing but you're not going to see much. It costs a lot to get to Europe, so it's nice to be able to spend some extra time while you're there. Don't know if that fits your schedule or not. I've never gone for less than 3 weeks. And I do recommend shoulder season there.

Alaska is wonderful. You might start with that. Lots of different options. Again, shoulder season and longer cruises should eliminate most of the kids. These are good problems to have--trying to decide which cruise to take next! :D

Lots of good ideas. I've land traveled China, Malaysia, Singapore and Alaska - Australia, New Zealand and Tahiti sound interesting to me. I'd love to go to Ireland - have a friend there.

If you fancy Ireland, then you'll need to do a British Isles cruise. A lot of them have 3 stops in Ireland - Cohb(Cork), Dublin & Belfast. You could then stay pre or after the cruise in the greatest city in the world - London.

Galapagos is not my idea of a vacation, but it's Hubby's dream trip. The more I read the ore I think that I could do it in 1015! There's unlimited drinks, so I could always enjoy a book and a glass of wine when I don't want to explore.

We did Hawaii, Panama Canal, and the Wine Immersive Cruise in the last year and they were all great. We decided that were tired of the same Caribbean experiences. We have one more Caribbean cruise that will finish off the rest of the ports that we missed. You might want to explore a Med Cruise, as well. We really enjoyed that one. I have a Transpacific left on my cruise wish list. I am not sure that I want to do the Transatlantic, now.

We LOVED our Transatlantic (albeit on RCI). If children are your concern, this is your type of cruise- there were less than a dozen kids onboard.

We found that our 16-day trip was a nice mix of new and unusual ports (we try really hard never to cruise to the same port twice, which is tricky with Caribbean itineraries) and lovely sea days.

To/from Florida, you have several TA options that include some interesting ports. And the prices tend to be fantastic on these!

Ohhhh - this could get me very excited! So what time of year are these released? On Celebrity? Let the research begin!

If you fancy Ireland, then you'll need to do a British Isles cruise. A lot of them have 3 stops in Ireland - Cohb(Cork), Dublin & Belfast. You could then stay pre or after the cruise in the greatest city in the world - London.